Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Well, I just quit all video games
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
It varied greatly.

I started playing Runescape when I was like 12 and played that for a couple years before transitioning into World of Warcraft, which I played for about 2 years straight, and another 2 years on and off after that. Then came CounterStrike 1.6, Starcraft 2, League of Legends, DotA 2, and CounterStrike: Global Offensive.

Those are all games a buddy of mine plays/played. Like I said, gotta find something to occupy time whether that's a job, going back to school or just a hobby.

I don't know your overall situation when it comes to a job or school but if neither of those are possible, I recommend finding some sort of activity. Just gotta keep from doing nothing. When you're busy, you don't really worry about video games.

That's exactly it. I'm the type of person who needs to be busy to stay sane. I'm looking/trying to get back to school either in the Spring or, at absolute latest, Fall 2013. I don't want it to go any longer than that or else I might end up not going back, and I don't want that to happen.

I think I'm going to look into getting a gym membership. There's a huge gym about 10 minutes away from my home, and I'll likely function better at an actual gym, rather than the treadmill in my basement. I'll also be able to expand my bro-circle, hopefully.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
It varied greatly.

I started playing Runescape when I was like 12 and played that for a couple years before transitioning into World of Warcraft, which I played for about 2 years straight, and another 2 years on and off after that. Then came CounterStrike 1.6, Starcraft 2, League of Legends, DotA 2, and CounterStrike: Global Offensive.

Those are all games a buddy of mine plays/played. Like I said, gotta find something to occupy time whether that's a job, going back to school or just a hobby.

I don't know your overall situation when it comes to a job or school but if neither of those are possible, I recommend finding some sort of activity. Just gotta keep from doing nothing. When you're busy, you don't really worry about video games.

That's exactly it. I'm the type of person who needs to be busy to stay sane. I'm looking/trying to get back to school either in the Spring or, at absolute latest, Fall 2013. I don't want it to go any longer than that or else I might end up not going back, and I don't want that to happen.

I think I'm going to look into getting a gym membership. There's a huge gym about 10 minutes away from my home, and I'll likely function better at an actual gym, rather than the treadmill in my basement. I'll also be able to expand my bro-circle, hopefully.

Join the military. That'll keep you busy!
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
It varied greatly.

Yea I need to get to the gym Laughing

Its just the fact I dont feel like spending 40 dollars a month, but maybe that will make me go to the gym if Im actually paying for something

We the North
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
It varied greatly.

I've thought about it, I just hate the idea of working for the government.
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4ev wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
It varied greatly.

Its just the fact I dont feel like spending 40 dollars a month, but maybe that will make me go to the gym if Im actually paying for something

That's the way I feel, too. I hate spending money.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
It varied greatly.

It's not so bad. You get to see a lot of things most people wouldn't see and your college is completely free. I make very good money now because of my time in the military.
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
It varied greatly.

Im probably gonna go there in a few hours after thinking about it ... its 100 times better than sitting here and watching netflix

Plus I can watch netflix there Laughing

What ever you do I hope you do what you feel is best. I recommend depending on where you live that you walk around and find stuff you enjoy. Its better than playing video games all day

We the North
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
It varied greatly.

It's not so bad. You get to see a lot of things most people wouldn't see and your college is completely free. I make very good money now because of my time in the military.

What branch?
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4ev wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
It varied greatly.

Im probably gonna go there in a few hours after thinking about it ... its 100 times better than sitting here and watching netflix

What ever you do I hope you do what you feel is best. I recommend depending on where you live that you walk around and find stuff you enjoy. Its better than playing video games all day

I agree. I really just want to be busy, be happy, and to find my purpose.
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
It varied greatly.

I agree. I really just want to be busy, be happy, and to find my purpose.

Nothing better then getting out and finding it ... plus Ive met some great people at the gym when I used to go

We the North
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol yea, I keep trying to motivate myself to go to the gym but it's hard to do unless I'm going with friends to play Basketball. And the funny thing is that I live across the street from one of the gyms and walk by the other twice a week when going to class. I just am being really lazy.

I mean I eat fairly healthily and I do push-ups, sit-ups, crunches, etc. on a daily basis but I just need to motivate myself to go lift weights and job. I'll be able to do it eventually, I did it last year 3 to 4 times a week but just gotta go that first time.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Lol yea, I keep trying to motivate myself to go to the gym but it's hard to do unless I'm going with friends to play Basketball. And the funny thing is that I live across the street from one of the gyms and walk by the other twice a week when going to class. I just am being really lazy.

I mean I eat fairly healthily and I do push-ups, sit-ups, crunches, etc. on a daily basis but I just need to motivate myself to go lift weights and job. I'll be able to do it eventually, I did it last year 3 to 4 times a week but just gotta go that first time.

Yea my gym is about a mile away ... theres no reason that Im not there

considering I have 3-4 hours of free time a day

We the North
theJ

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read a book or two. (or a dozen) I'm sure you have a local library.
Do household chores. In my free time i like to do home maintenance work, like cleaning gutters, landscaping, mowing, etc. Keep things looking fresh and nice.
Find something that excites you. I love the economics and finance. Sometimes i find myself at the computer reading articles, researching mutual funds or just browsing wikipedia.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read books, go to movies, meet people.

But sooner or later you'll return to gaming.

You just need to get things in order.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
c0insnap

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got kinda burnt out on video games. I used to play all epic RPG's, Star Wars Galaxies, etc etc. I logged hours, and I mean HOURS into those games. Then somewhere between 17-18 I just stopped playing. I picked up Fallout 3 around that time, beat it before joining the Marine Corps, then just stopped playing games.

Beast

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: