Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Well, I just quit all video games
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:39 am    Post subject: Well, I just quit all video games Reply with quote

I've been addicted to video games for basically the past nine years. I'm 20 years old now, and I finally got fed up with them in general, to the point where they just weren't fun for me anymore. So tonight (or this morning, I guess) I went ahead and uninstalled them all.

Now don't get me wrong, I've uninstalled plenty of games over the years in an attempt to quit. It's just that I usually end up reinstalling them after a while. I'm currently not in school and can't find a job, so I'm coming here to ask for help with finding things to do to occupy my time, maintain my sanity, and most of all, not want to blow my brains out from extreme boredom or, even worse, from going back to video games once again.

Has anyone else ever been in this situation before?
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go outside and throw rocks at cars
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:48 am    Post subject: Re: Well, I just quit all video games Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
I've been addicted to video games for basically the past nine years. I'm 20 years old now, and I finally got fed up with them in general, to the point where they just weren't fun for me anymore. So tonight (or this morning, I guess) I went ahead and uninstalled them all.

Now don't get me wrong, I've uninstalled plenty of games over the years in an attempt to quit. It's just that I usually end up reinstalling them after a while. I'm currently not in school and can't find a job, so I'm coming here to ask for help with finding things to do to occupy my time, maintain my sanity, and most of all, not want to blow my brains out from extreme boredom or, even worse, from going back to video games once again.

Stupid answer but it works ... What kind of games where you into mostly?

After you answer that question go out and do what you liked playing.

So if you were a huge madden player, go out and find some guys that want to toss a football around ... same for basketball or any other sport

If you were a big COD/Battle Field player I suggest taking up airsofting or paintballing

Not a Knicks fan
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, never been in that situation. I play and enjoy video games but I don't enjoy them enough to go over board. If I play video games for more than a couple of hours, I tend to get bored and not want to play them for awhile. Plus I'll go days and weeks without touching them if I am busy.

My only advice would be to try to find a job or hobby. Don't know what else to say. If you have all that time opened up, eventually, you're going to get bored and go back.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:56 am    Post subject: Re: Well, I just quit all video games Reply with quote

Gmen4ev wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:

So if you were a huge madden player, go out and find some guys that want to toss a football around ... same for basketball or any other sport

If you were a big COD/Battle Field player I suggest taking up airsofting or paintballing

If you liked Assassins Creed, climb your local police station and assassinate the police chief.

PSN: TytybearsFan21
Add me or else! Twisted Evil
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:58 am    Post subject: Re: Well, I just quit all video games Reply with quote

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:

If you liked Assassins Creed, climb your local police station and assassinate the police chief.

Or take up rock climbing ... Laughing

Not a Knicks fan
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It varied greatly.

I started playing Runescape when I was like 12 and played that for a couple years before transitioning into World of Warcraft, which I played for about 2 years straight, and another 2 years on and off after that. Then came CounterStrike 1.6, Starcraft 2, League of Legends, DotA 2, and CounterStrike: Global Offensive.
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
It varied greatly.

I started playing Runescape when I was like 12 and played that for a couple years before transitioning into World of Warcraft, which I played for about 2 years straight, and another 2 years on and off after that. Then came CounterStrike 1.6, Starcraft 2, League of Legends, DotA 2, and CounterStrike: Global Offensive.

Ever hear of Larping?

Not a Knicks fan
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
It varied greatly.

Never played any of those. Except runescape. Played that for a few hours. Im #1 on the leaderboards, look me up

chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
It varied greatly.

Never played any of those. Except runescape. Played that for a few hours. Im #1 on the leaderboards, look me up

Tyty, you troll nearly as hard as I do.
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4ev wrote:
TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:

This is something that interests me. I've rock climbed in the past, and I'd love to get back into better shape. I was on a diet/exercise kick for a month or two, but ultimately it failed because I had no one to work out with, as all my friends are away at school. On top of this, my parents, whom I live with, encourage unhealthy eating habits with their purchases. I had lost around 20 pounds, and I've gained back like 6 of that.

Gmen4ev wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
It varied greatly.

Ever hear of Larping?

I have, and while I've never tried it, I don't think it's for me. I was never into the lore/role-playing scene. And I'm not sure it even happens around here.
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
TytybearsFan21 wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
It varied greatly.

Tyty, you troll nearly as hard as I do.

Child please

Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:
TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:

This is something that interests me. I've rock climbed in the past, and I'd love to get back into better shape. I was on a diet/exercise kick for a month or two, but ultimately it failed because I had no one to work out with, as all my friends are away at school. On top of this, my parents, whom I live with, encourage unhealthy eating habits with their purchases. I had lost around 20 pounds, and I've gained back like 6 of that.

I had the same problem with my mom ... you just need to tell them that you want to start eating healthy.

My mom said alright, and Ive been "dieting" for a few months now

Its 100 times easier that Im living in my own place though

Not a Knicks fan

Last edited by Gmen4ev on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Shorty McFast

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4ev wrote:
Ever hear of Larping?

Lightning Bolt! Lightning Bolt! Lightning Bolt!
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
It varied greatly.

Those are all games a buddy of mine plays/played. Like I said, gotta find something to occupy time whether that's a job, going back to school or just a hobby.

I don't know your overall situation when it comes to a job or school but if neither of those are possible, I recommend finding some sort of activity. Just gotta keep from doing nothing. When you're busy, you don't really worry about video games.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: