Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Least Talented Team in Football?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joru1000

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jaguars. They have just so many average players on that roster I can't help but see the color gray when I think of that team. MJD, Blackmon and PP are their only 'talented' players.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a Colts fan, but I can't really argue against anyone who lists us right now.

Yeah, we've got some good young pieces and some parts of our team are respectable, but we're nowhere near where we need to be yet. That we're competitive and nearly 2-1 is a testament to coaching and Luck being NFL ready. The quick and dirty breakdown:

*I still hate our offensive line with the exception of Castonzo, particularly our guards. Olsen and Linkenbach aren't even CFL quality.

*Our defensive line's mediocre, but looks beastly compared to the O-line.

*At least our secondary's got some talent, but we still need safety depth.

*Our LB's are average, but Mathis is still making plays. Freeman and Connor need to be better in run support but can make a play when they're protected.

*Freeney, Angerer, and Chapman returning will give our front 7 a much needed boost, but 2 of those guys are inexperienced in the 3-4 and Chapman's a rookie who may not even be ready this year. They may not pay immediate dividends.

*Our skill position performance is average with one "plus" guy in Reggie Wayne. Thankfully he stuck around. The rest of the crew is just potential now, even though they've got raw talent. Our RB's are making the best of a bad situation up front.

*Our TE's should be fine with experience but they're not great yet. That's to be expected, TE is one of the hardest positions to contribute at for a rookie. Crappy O-line play has also stopped us from using Allen and Fleener downfield like we want.

Overall we desperately need a better offensive line. That's the biggest priority in the offseason, and things will be much better all around if we can at least get our O-line playing respectable ball.
skaterbirdhouse

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joru1000 wrote:
The Jaguars. They have just so many average players on that roster I can't help but see the color gray when I think of that team. MJD, Blackmon and PP are their only 'talented' players.

While I can agree it is debatable we are the least talented team in the league, PP has been average, replace him with Cox and you are about right with Monroe possibly being considered talented.
baconrad3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgX wrote:
Frank Costello wrote:
I said the Browns, but I pointed towards your FO and coaching staff more so. I just don't like the direction they're taking that team.

Very solid defense, but I can't for the life of me understand how they did not address their WR issues more. That group is just out right bad and mediocre at best if you ask me.

I think the Browns have more future talent across the board then the Raiders, but they both suffer from bad GMs and Head Coaches.

Clevland's GM, Tom Heckert, is actually quite good.

FourThree, I realize a lot of Cleveland's talent is unproven. But like I said, they do have a lot more proven talent than people realize. Besides, there's plenty of other teams who don't have proven talent but have potential.

Weeden has been much better than Gabbert was in his rookie year. Week one was Weeden's only really bad game. How are the Jags slightly better at WR/TE?

How is Jacksonville's LB corps better? Please explain. 'Cause I don't see it at all.

You're not convincing me when you're not giving much reasoning.

Really?

The Browns have a bunch of underachieving young guys at WR.....when you were talking about Little..why did you only bring up last year and not this year? Is it because Little has looked like absolute crap this year?

Justin Blackmon and Lauren Robinson are each better than any WR the Browns have. And Mercedes Lewis >>>> any Browns TE.

Pretty obvious that, though the Jags' WRs/TEs aren't that great, they are still better than what the Browns have.

The Browns might have the worst group of WRs in the league. Seriously. Name me a worse group.

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgX wrote:
FourThree, I realize a lot of Cleveland's talent is unproven. But like I said, they do have a lot more proven talent than people realize. Besides, there's plenty of other teams who don't have proven talent but have potential.

Weeden has been much better than Gabbert was in his rookie year. Week one was Weeden's only really bad game. How are the Jags slightly better at WR/TE?

How is Jacksonville's LB corps better? Please explain. 'Cause I don't see it at all.

Im not sure how youre criticizing me for not giving reasoning when you havnet given a lick yourself. All youve done is make statements about who is better than who. Ill debate reason with reason, but if you dont provide any, why should I?

Weeden has been much better than Gabbert? By whose estimation? Also, its been 4 games. Bottom line is they are still both unproven, young and have upside. Acting like Weeden has some clear upper hand is ridiculous.

WR/TE? Ill take Blackmon/Robinson/Lewis over MoMass/Little/????Jordan Cameron??? Neither are that good, but Robinson and Lewis have shown more in this league than any of your guys, and Blackmon has more upside than any of them IMO.

LB corps....Well, I take Dqwell over Poz, but Poz is still very good. When healthy, Daryl Smith is one of the bet 43 OLBs in the league and easily better than Fujita. Beyond that, neither team has anything really, but Ill take Poz and Daryl Smith over DQ and Fujita easily. If you feel differently, so be it.
sp6488

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
DawgX wrote:

Im not sure how youre criticizing me for not giving reasoning when you havnet given a lick yourself. All youve done is make statements about who is better than who. Ill debate reason with reason, but if you dont provide any, why should I?

Weeden has been much better than Gabbert? By whose estimation? Also, its been 4 games. Bottom line is they are still both unproven, young and have upside. Acting like Weeden has some clear upper hand is ridiculous.

WR/TE? Ill take Blackmon/Robinson/Lewis over MoMass/Little/????Jordan Cameron??? Neither are that good, but Robinson and Lewis have shown more in this league than any of your guys, and Blackmon has more upside than any of them IMO.

LB corps....Well, I take Dqwell over Poz, but Poz is still very good. When healthy, Daryl Smith is one of the bet 43 OLBs in the league and easily better than Fujita. Beyond that, neither team has anything really, but Ill take Poz and Daryl Smith over DQ and Fujita easily. If you feel differently, so be it.

Sure about that?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:

Ben Watson is still on the Browns but is one concussion away from hanging them up. Going forward I would take Jordan Cameron over Lewis though, way more upside and Lewis is what he is, a good blocking TE who can be a threat in the endzone but has way too many issues with drops to be a consistent threat over the middle. Agreed that Jax has better WRs right now but not so sure that will be the case in a year or two. Travis Benjamin has shown flashes and Josh Gordan has all the physical tools you could ask for. Little is very talented but probably the most frustrating WR in the league. The drops are inexcusable at this point. That said neither of these two teams are the least talented teams in the NFL, that's clearly the New York Jets.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
DawgX wrote:

Sure about that?

Haha....sorry.

I meant more along the lines of young TO THIS LEAGUE and still have time to improve.

But yes....Gabbert's window to improve is definitely bigger.

And just for the record...I think Weeden will be better than Gabbert. Just saying its too soon to rank either above the other.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pmk wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

Ben Watson is still on the Browns but is one concussion away from hanging them up. Going forward I would take Jordan Cameron over Lewis though, way more upside and Lewis is what he is, a good blocking TE who can be a threat in the endzone but has way too many issues with drops to be a consistent threat over the middle. Agreed that Jax has better WRs right now but not so sure that will be the case in a year or two. Travis Benjamin has shown flashes and Josh Gordan has all the physical tools you could ask for. Little is very talented but probably the most frustrating WR in the league. The drops are inexcusable at this point. That said neither of these two teams are the least talented teams in the NFL, that's clearly the New York Jets.

I like Little too, but he hasnt shown much to this point.

And again, we are getting into what COULD BE. Its nice to mention but nothing to hang a hat on.

Cameron has shown flashes but has yet to show he is capable of being a starting TE in this league. At this point, he is becoming the Browns equivalent of Chaz Schillens....a guy getting too much hype from his fans that he hasnt yet earned. Thats not to say he cant or wont be good, but at this point, Ill take Lewis easily. Yes, he has issues, but he has proven to be a quality starting TE in the past. When Cameron gets the call and steps up....I might lean towards him, but at this point, I dont put Cameron much more ahead of Steelers backup TE Weslye Saunders....both guys with starting potential but have to prove it first.
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easily, the Jaguars.

#JDI
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jags and Colts are pretty much a tie.

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
tom cody

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jacksonville Jaguars. Aside from MJD that lineup is pretty bad.
CrashMan510

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank Costello wrote:
I said the Browns, but I pointed towards your FO and coaching staff more so. I just don't like the direction they're taking that team.

Very solid defense, but I can't for the life of me understand how they did not address their WR issues more. That group is just out right bad and mediocre at best if you ask me.

I think the Browns have more future talent across the board then the Raiders, but they both suffer from bad GMs and Head Coaches.

how did you come up with that conclusion? Laughing

Jared Veldheer, Wiz, Dmac, Marcel Reece, Denarius Moore, DHB, Jacoby Ford, Lamar Houston. That some good talent. Too bad 90% of the defense is hot trash

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSN8Cwit_s
fuarge
candyman93

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

43Mafia preaching truth

Since when has Benard Pollard "been a beast?"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread makes my head sad for numerous reasons and probably not the reasons you would think.

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: