Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Least Talented Team in Football?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
green24

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FirstDownFaulk wrote:
drew39k wrote:
Jets are getting way underrated at this point.

How so ?? They've played (and I use that term loosely) their way to this distinction. There is literally ZERO quality talent on that offense besides Ferguson.....and it's showing.

We do have the best center in the NFL, who is by far our best offensive player. Dustin Keller is probably a borderline top 10 TE.
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
drew39k wrote:

How so ?? They've played (and I use that term loosely) their way to this distinction. There is literally ZERO quality talent on that offense besides Ferguson.....and it's showing.

We do have the best center in the NFL, who is by far our best offensive player. Dustin Keller is probably a borderline top 10 TE.

I'll give you the best center no doubt, but borderline top 10 is very debatable for Keller. Even if the was the case the Jets also have a bottom 10 QB, bottom 5 RBs, and bottom 5 WRs (possibly the worst for those last two). As far as the Jets defense, Revis, Harris, Pouha and Cromartie are the only starters I'd say are above average. The rest I wouldn't want starting on my team.

It's tough to call but I'll go with the Colts, followed by the Raiders and Jets.

~Bird Watch 2014 | Nick Foles~
1,628 yards, 10 TDs, 7 INTs, 82.0 Passer Rating
j-e-tsjetsjets

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't say overall the Jets have the least talent cause there is talent on the defense but I will admit offensively they are definitely bottom 3 in the league
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noone would ever say their team. At this point I think it's the Colts. Sorry.
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta agree with others on the Colts. Browns close behind.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguars

I hate the Jaguars
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: Least Talented Team in Football? Reply with quote

alfalcone wrote:
Just out of curiosity, which team do you guys think has the least talent in the NFL. The obvious nominees would be the Jets, Browns, Raiders, Jaguars, and Rams, though the Panther on Defense, and the Lions outside of the big three have noticeable weaknesses. I'd probably go with the Jets, though watching the Browns Ravens game it occurred to me that only three players on Cleveland, Thomas, Mack & Haden would start for Baltimore.

I think D'Qwell Jackson and Billy Winn would start over Ellerbe and McPhee. Winn was just so incredibly disruptive and McPhee has been struggling to really get going. Jackson has been making plays with the best of them. I'd also say that I think Jabaal Sheard would start at RUSH opposite Upshaw... unless, we're also including injured players into this particular equation. Cleveland has a nice batch of talent IMO.

In terms of the question of worst... I don't know, I haven't seen the Raiders play. I think the Colts have some talent there with the guys they added via the draft plus some of the veterans. I think I'll go with the Jaguars simply because they have the worst QB of the bunch... but they still have some nice talent on the defensive side of the ball.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
green24 wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
drew39k wrote:

I'll give you the best center no doubt, but borderline top 10 is very debatable for Keller. Even if the was the case the Jets also have a bottom 10 QB, bottom 5 RBs, and bottom 5 WRs (possibly the worst for those last two). As far as the Jets defense, Revis, Harris, Pouha and Cromartie are the only starters I'd say are above average. The rest I wouldn't want starting on my team.

It's tough to call but I'll go with the Colts, followed by the Raiders and Jets.

Wilkerson, Ellis, and Devito aren't bad for the Jets defense. And contrary to popular belief and media inspired hate, Bart Scott hasn't played that badly.

Offensively, they have nothing. Can't argue that.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Injured included I'd say the Jets. Mediocre defense and the worst offense in history.
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting to see how perceptions change after a quarter of the season. Had this question been asked before the season started people probably would be mentioning the Rams and Vikings as least talented.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say the Raiders and Colts, though the Colts are playing surprisingly better than there lack of talent suggests. I think that could be due to having a decent QB like Luck and some solid receiving options. There defense has a long ways to go and outside of Wayne, Costanzo and there TEs, there isnt much to feel good aobut.
Frank Costello

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Least talented? Raiders or Browns, easy.

I think both teams suffer from a lack quality personnel up stairs and on the sidelines more so tho.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're in the running for it, that's for sure. On offense, the guys with talent imo are: Palmer, McFadden, Denarius Moore, Marcel Reece, Jared Veldheer and maybe Stefen Wisnewski. Defense: ummmm maybe Lamarr Houston? Damn.

CrapTakula wrote:
Cleveland steamer?

make sure you wash well.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
We're in the running for it, that's for sure. On offense, the guys with talent imo are: Palmer, McFadden, Denarius Moore, Marcel Reece, Jared Veldheer and maybe Stefen Wisnewski. Defense: ummmm maybe Lamarr Houston? Damn.

Palmer being a talented QB is debatable. I think of talent in the sense that a team can build around that player and that player can be a fixture, I just dont see that in Palmer. He's good enough, but a below average QB shouldnt count as a talented QB. Palmer is after all, a below average starting QB.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

Palmer being a talented QB is debatable. I think of talent in the sense that a team can build around that player and that player can be a fixture, I just dont see that in Palmer. He's good enough, but a below average QB shouldnt count as a talented QB. Palmer is after all, a below average starting QB.

Have you watched any Raider games at all this season? We've had crap at QB for a long time so anything better than that would look much better than it is, I'll say that. But Palmer seriously is the only good thing about our offense right now. He's stepped it up big time this season. His stats don't truly tell the story. He's had to deal with no running game, poor pass protection, injuries to WRs, bad field position and subpar playcalling. And the defenses we've faced have been pretty good as well.

He's the one player other than McFadden I'll stick my neck out for this season. And I was a huge critic of his even as recent as preseason.

CrapTakula wrote:
Cleveland steamer?

make sure you wash well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: