Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Least Talented Team in Football?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alfalcone

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:47 am    Post subject: Least Talented Team in Football? Reply with quote

Just out of curiosity, which team do you guys think has the least talent in the NFL. The obvious nominees would be the Jets, Browns, Raiders, Jaguars, and Rams, though the Panther on Defense, and the Lions outside of the big three have noticeable weaknesses. I'd probably go with the Jets, though watching the Browns Ravens game it occurred to me that only three players on Cleveland, Thomas, Mack & Haden would start for Baltimore.

Edit:

I didn't expect to start the level of controversy I did with regards to the Browns talent level, so I figured I should justify my rational.

QB - Flacco Weeden (Flacco's the obvious choice here, younger, more talented, and more productive)
RB - Rice Richardson (Rice currently, though Richardson will be a top 10 back in the league)
FB - Leach Marecic (Leach is the best fullback in football)
WR Boldin Little (Similar body types, Boldin can catch Little can't)
WR Smith Massaquoi (Smith has been more productive, though Massaquoi has talent Jacoby Jones would start for Cleveland)
TE - Pitta & Dickson Watson & Cameron (Pitta & Dickson have been more productive though Watson is the best blocker)
LT - Oher Thomas (Thomas is obviously better)
LG - Harewood Pinkston (Neither are particularly good)
C - Birk Mack (Mack is again obviously better)
RG - Yanda Lauvao (Yanda is much better)
RT - Osemele Schwartz (Osemele has been better thus far but its only been 4 games into each of their careers.

Set the Ravens as a 4-3 to make the comparison easier
DE - Suggs McPhee Sheard Rucker (I'll give you Sheard though both he and McPhee have regressed. McPhee is better against the run though.)
DT - Kemoeatu Ngata Taylor Rubin (Ngata is the best of the group, I'd call it a toss up against the other three.)
OLB - McClellan / Upshaw Fujita (Ravens in a close one)
MLB - Lewis Jackson (Lewis, though Jackson would have a good shot at Ellerbe's spot in a 3-4)
OLB - Ellerbe Maiava (Ellerbe has been a stud this year)
CB - Webb Williams Smith Haden Patterson Skrine (Webb & Haden are studs, Smith and Skrine have talent, Williams and Patterson are scrubs)
SS - Pollard Ward (Ward is good, Pollard is a beast)
FS - Reed Gibson (Reed is playing his best in a while, no contest)

I didn't consider special teams before but here goes

K - Tucker Dawson (Tucker for kickoffs, Dawson for field goals)
P - Koch Hodges (Koch)
KR - Thompson Cribbs (Cribbs)
PR - Jones Cribbs / Benjamin (Cribbs and Benjamin by far)

Best case in my book five browns start for Baltimore. TJ Ward and Trent Richardson would obviously have key roles. Special teamers belong to Cleveland.

Last edited by alfalcone on Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tough call, I think I'd say the Raiders.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
101stSaintsFan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:59 am    Post subject: Re: Least Talented Team in Football? Reply with quote

alfalcone wrote:
Just out of curiosity, which team do you guys think has the least talent in the NFL. The obvious nominees would be the Jets, Browns, Raiders, Jaguars, and Rams, though the Panther on Defense, and the Lions outside of the big three have noticeable weaknesses. I'd probably go with the Jets, though watching the Browns Ravens game it occurred to me that only three players on Cleveland, Thomas, Mack & Haden would start for Baltimore.

I'd take 3/4 of the Jets defense.

I think Cleveland is the winner...Outside of Thomas, Mack and Haden everyone else is either rookies who are going to get pummeled or scrubs from other teams.

Major props to a fine American, Uncle Buck.

The CHAMPS are going back to form! WHODAT!
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:03 am    Post subject: Re: Least Talented Team in Football? Reply with quote

I think it's Carolina. They have talent at Running Back and Quarterback, some marginally on the offensive line, and Steve Smith, but not a whole lot elsewhere.

alfalcone wrote:

I'm pretty sure Ahtyba Rubin would start for Baltimore. One could make an argument for players at the DE(opposite Ngata) and ILB(opposite Lewis) positions as well.

Last edited by AntiSuperstar on Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:15 am; edited 3 times in total
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:04 am    Post subject: Re: Least Talented Team in Football? Reply with quote

101stSaintsFan wrote:
alfalcone wrote:

I'd take 3/4 of the Jets defense.

I think Cleveland is the winner...Outside of Thomas, Mack and Haden everyone else is either rookies who are going to get pummeled or scrubs from other teams.

I'd say Cleveland and the Raiders are on the same tier but Cleveland has a lot more young talent.

And you're forgetting Sheard, Rubin, Taylor, Richardson, D'Qwell, Ward and Greg Little.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
S-jax39

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to come in here and say the raiders. Got beat.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jets, Jags and Colts are the least talented teams in the league.
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:23 am    Post subject: Re: Least Talented Team in Football? Reply with quote

alfalcone wrote:

Phil Dawson, Josh Cribbs, Rubin and Maybe TJ Ward would also starter.

Yes I know I put a kicker and return man in there.

Browns have fairly decent amount of young talent. needs time and far better coaching.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We definitely have the least talented defense. Overall team, I think its a close call.
drew39k

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jets are getting way underrated at this point.
Technically yes... BUT by laws of playoff football, The Andrew Lucks lost to the Quarterbackbowl 47 winning Joe Flaccos. Whereas the Russel Wilsons lost to the Matt Ryans, who didnt even beat the Colin Kaepernicks.
FirstDownFaulk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drew39k wrote:
Jets are getting way underrated at this point.

How so ?? They've played (and I use that term loosely) their way to this distinction. There is literally ZERO quality talent on that offense besides Ferguson.....and it's showing.

be WARE94

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really don't think its cleveland......like at all......miami oakland the jets are all in the running.....maybe the colts? although with luck they have a potential young superstar qb......so probably not.....jaguars are pretty banged up too

[quote="Tzimisce"]Was Romo playing sarcastaball?
Plat wrote:
"]i swear this guy be trolling
sp6488

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: Least Talented Team in Football? Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
alfalcone wrote:

Phil Dawson, Josh Cribbs, Rubin and Maybe TJ Ward would also starter.

Yes I know I put a kicker and return man in there.

Browns have fairly decent amount of young talent. needs time and far better coaching.

TJ Ward would absolutely not start over Pollard/Reed.

Rubin would be in the rotation, but there's no definitives there.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say the Colts.
49ers_52

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: Least Talented Team in Football? Reply with quote

Definitely not Cleveland IMO.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: