Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

McClain now part time player
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gerLd

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: McClain now part time player Reply with quote

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2012/10/15/3508548/rolando-mcclain-now-a-part-time-player-for-oakland-raiders

Quote:
Coach Dennis Allen confirmed on Monday that the Raiders' plan is to sit McClain in favor of rookie Miles Burris in the nickel defense. This means in games like against the Falcons in which the team passes a lot, McClain will play very sparingly.

Seemed to work pretty well against ATL

Rip Mr. Davis July 4, 1929 - October 8, 2011
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if he has any trade value to a 3-4 team. He's gone after this year. If they could get a 5th or 6th round pick for him I would take it.

Maybe the Ravens could use him with Lewis out and likely done.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
I wonder if he has any trade value to a 3-4 team. He's gone after this year. If they could get a 5th or 6th round pick for him I would take it.

with his salary...i doubt it
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

Another almost-murderer ILB in Baltimore? I like where this is headed. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next 3 teams probably won't see many nickel defenses. Not sure our pass rush will sustain a decent level of play either.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Another almost-murderer ILB in Baltimore? I like where this is headed. Laughing

I hope you don't mean Lewis. He wasn't even involved in that altercation.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Pro Football Focus ranks Rolando McClain 8th best ILB vs run so far this season "

Interesting. Is it really just coverage he has had issues with this year? I thought he missed big on a couple run plays as well.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
"Pro Football Focus ranks Rolando McClain 8th best ILB vs run so far this season "

Interesting. Is it really just coverage he has had issues with this year? I thought he missed big on a couple run plays as well.

PFF is worthless. Fans really need to get over their garbage stats.

Same source that ranked Routt behind Asomugha and Revis. There are far too many variable in football to track numbers the way they do.

Hope some team buys this and gives the Raiders a 3rd in trade value though. Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolando McClain is the perfect example of why you don't use an early draft selection on a linebacker unless their a cant-miss once every five to ten years type of prospect. You can get really solid linebackers throughout the draft, I still wish we would've snagged Jason Pierre-Paul.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
Rolando McClain is the perfect example of why you don't use an early draft selection on a linebacker unless their a cant-miss once every five to ten years type of prospect. You can get really solid linebackers throughout the draft, I still wish we would've snagged Jason Pierre-Paul.

Agree but that is what he was supposed to be a cant miss prospect. He was the safest pick we made in years.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:

Agree but that is what he was supposed to be a cant miss prospect. He was the safest pick we made in years.

funny how even we miss on cant miss safest picks prospects lol

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:

funny how even we miss on cant miss safest picks prospects lol

Yup. Gallery, McClain, even Dmac to a degree. I'd say Russell since he was #1 but I'm not sure he could be called can't miss.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how much trade value he has but he has something. I could see the Jets or some 3-4 team throw Raiders a 4th or 5th rounder for him. He's young and has talent, just best off in a 34.
Raidin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:

Safest pick we've made in years but that doesn't say much considering how terrible our other picks were. McClain was considered a can't miss prospect because he was generally thought to have been a definite a solid starter in a 3-4. From I've seen I still think he would be that. He was never really considered an elite prospect though.
Chali21

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:

Funny how our cant miss prospects always seem to miss.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: