Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gtek06 Weekly power rankings Week 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Pats#1


Joined: 19 Aug 2011
Posts: 5228
Location: Plymouth, MA
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FirstDownFaulk wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
phieagles012 wrote:
Gotta say i really don't understand the logic of the bears over eagles.. Or the Ravens considering we beat them but at least i consider the ravens a fairly equally talented team


I'm pretty sure it's because there's a lot of people that considered the Eagles lucky to have 3 wins up to this point.

Just like the Patriots are considered to be "unlucky" given how they lost both games....

Power rankings are pointless.


Come on man...while I agree power rankings are pointless, theres no need to bring that up outta nowhere. They lost, no changing it.

I'm just looking forward to how they'll respond.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 48809
Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats#1 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
phieagles012 wrote:
Gotta say i really don't understand the logic of the bears over eagles.. Or the Ravens considering we beat them but at least i consider the ravens a fairly equally talented team


I'm pretty sure it's because there's a lot of people that considered the Eagles lucky to have 3 wins up to this point.


So beating two Superbowl contenders is just all because of luck....Got it
Rolling Eyes

I can see why people think Baltimore is better...but they're not.


While a win is a win...the eagles aren't exactly dominating their opponents, its actually the opposite. They've played very sloppy football and are turnover prone. They barely beat the currently worst ranked team in football, got blown out by the cardinals, and barely won their other games. Now i'm not saying they shouldn't be ranked high, they found a way to win and thats what matters...but lets not pretend to think that that type of play is going to get them anywhere in the playoffs.


Beating your opponents by 1 does advance you in the post season.


Seriously? That's your response?

Yes, you beat the Ravens and Giants...but while they are both known for stepping up as the season goes on, the Eagles are known for the exact opposite.


Posting from my phone so I can't respond in full at this time.

Andy Reid career record by month:

September 23-20
October 29-21
November 33-21-1
December 38-15

Eagles are usually stronger later in the season.

And just as a thought, the Eagles are STILL beating their teams despite turning the ball over an astonishing amount. I think it requires a particularly strong team to overcome that and find ways to win despite serving up chances on a silver platter.
_________________
theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pats#1


Joined: 19 Aug 2011
Posts: 5228
Location: Plymouth, MA
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
phieagles012 wrote:
Gotta say i really don't understand the logic of the bears over eagles.. Or the Ravens considering we beat them but at least i consider the ravens a fairly equally talented team


I'm pretty sure it's because there's a lot of people that considered the Eagles lucky to have 3 wins up to this point.


So beating two Superbowl contenders is just all because of luck....Got it
Rolling Eyes

I can see why people think Baltimore is better...but they're not.


While a win is a win...the eagles aren't exactly dominating their opponents, its actually the opposite. They've played very sloppy football and are turnover prone. They barely beat the currently worst ranked team in football, got blown out by the cardinals, and barely won their other games. Now i'm not saying they shouldn't be ranked high, they found a way to win and thats what matters...but lets not pretend to think that that type of play is going to get them anywhere in the playoffs.


Beating your opponents by 1 does advance you in the post season.


Seriously? That's your response?

Yes, you beat the Ravens and Giants...but while they are both known for stepping up as the season goes on, the Eagles are known for the exact opposite.


Posting from my phone so I can't respond in full at this time.

Andy Reid career record by month:

September 23-20
October 29-21
November 33-21-1
December 38-15

Eagles are usually stronger later in the season.

And just as a thought, the Eagles are STILL beating their teams despite turning the ball over an astonishing amount. I think it requires a particularly strong team to overcome that and find ways to win despite serving up chances on a silver platter.


I agree with you...I just don't think the Eagles, with Vick being my main point of focus, are going to be able to hold it together when they start facing top teams at the top of their game.

Yes, despite the turnovers they have won....which is why a lot people are saying they are lucky. Because eventually, no matter how good a team is, a very high turnover rate is going to cost them games.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nabbs4u


Moderator
Joined: 28 Jul 2007
Posts: 22836
Location: North Carolina Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious as to why last season when teams like SF, Det, ATL, NYG , etc, won close games or had 4th qt comebacks they were praised and held to a higher standard. Yet when the eagles do it, it's considered luck and the complete opposite? Unless some of you think the eagles will continue to turn the ball over 4-5x a game every game please explain to me why when that doesn't happen (ala NYG) they won't actually be better? Last season the Eagles blew 7 4th QT leads and found numerous way's to lose football games. This season thus far not only do they/Vick (since he seems to be a major concern with some) have 3 4th QT comebacks/game winning drives but 3 4th QT holds by the defense to end the game. How that can't be a positive moving forward into the later part of the season when AR and the eagles seem to thrive the most is beyond me. I honestly don't care about rankings in Sept/Oct, they mean nothing. Now come Dec/Jan thats a whole new ball game.
_________________

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 16 Rec/ 296 Yds/ 3 TD/ 18.5 YPC/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 11987
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: Gtek06 Weekly power rankings Week 5 Reply with quote

Pats#1 wrote:
Gtek06 wrote:
32.Cleveland Browns 0-4 (32)
31.Jacksonville Jaguars 1-3 (29)
30.Oakland Raiders 1-3 (2Cool
29.Miami Dolphins 1-3 (31)
28.Indianapolis Colts 1-2 (27)
27.New Orleans Saints 0-4 (30)
26.Kansas City Chiefs 1-3 (23)
25.Tennesse Titans 1-3 (24)
24.New York Jets 2-2 (16)
23.Carolina Panthers 1-3 (25)
22.Tampa Bay Bucs 1-3 (21)
21.Detroit Lions 1-3 (17)
20.Seattle Seahawks 2-2 (20)
19.Washington Redskins 2-2 (22)
18.Buffalo Bills 2-2 (1Cool
17.St.Louis Rams 2-2 (26)
16.Pittsburgh Steelers 1-2 (15)
15.Dallas Cowboys 2-2 (11)
14.Minnessotta Vikings 3-1 (19)
13.Denver Broncos 2-2 (14)
12.San Diego Chargers 3-1 (13)
11.New York Giants 2-2 (5)
10.Cincinatti Bengals 3-1 (12)
9.Green Bay Packers 2-2 (9)
8.New England Patriots 2-2 (Cool
7.Philedelphia Eagles 3-1 (10)
6.Chicago Bears 3-1 (6)
5.Arizona Cardinals 4-0 (7)
4.San Francisco 49ers 3-1 (4)
3.Baltimore Ravens 3-1 (3)

2.Atlanta Falcons 4-0 (2)
1.Houston Texans 4-0 (1)


These two definitely need to be switched....its really not even close right now.


Saying such a definitive statement w/ no substance behind it isn't really proving a point. How about elaborating? I've very interested in your reasoning.
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 19216
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
I'm curious as to why last season when teams like SF, Det, ATL, NYG , etc, won close games or had 4th qt comebacks they were praised and held to a higher standard. Yet when the eagles do it, it's considered luck and the complete opposite? Unless some of you think the eagles will continue to turn the ball over 4-5x a game every game please explain to me why when that doesn't happen (ala NYG) they won't actually be better? Last season the Eagles blew 7 4th QT leads and found numerous way's to lose football games. This season thus far not only do they/Vick (since he seems to be a major concern with some) have 3 4th QT comebacks/game winning drives but 3 4th QT holds by the defense to end the game. How that can't be a positive moving forward into the later part of the season when AR and the eagles seem to thrive the most is beyond me. I honestly don't care about rankings in Sept/Oct, they mean nothing. Now come Dec/Jan thats a whole new ball game.
2010 Bears, look it up.

The issue is the eyeball test says the Eagles aren't playing well, that winning the way they have been winning isn't sustainable. History says that teams who can squeak out wins early and get better at the end of the year are tough outs in the playoffs.
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nabbs4u


Moderator
Joined: 28 Jul 2007
Posts: 22836
Location: North Carolina Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
I'm curious as to why last season when teams like SF, Det, ATL, NYG , etc, won close games or had 4th qt comebacks they were praised and held to a higher standard. Yet when the eagles do it, it's considered luck and the complete opposite? Unless some of you think the eagles will continue to turn the ball over 4-5x a game every game please explain to me why when that doesn't happen (ala NYG) they won't actually be better? Last season the Eagles blew 7 4th QT leads and found numerous way's to lose football games. This season thus far not only do they/Vick (since he seems to be a major concern with some) have 3 4th QT comebacks/game winning drives but 3 4th QT holds by the defense to end the game. How that can't be a positive moving forward into the later part of the season when AR and the eagles seem to thrive the most is beyond me. I honestly don't care about rankings in Sept/Oct, they mean nothing. Now come Dec/Jan thats a whole new ball game.
2010 Bears, look it up.

The issue is the eyeball test says the Eagles aren't playing well, that winning the way they have been winning isn't sustainable. History says that teams who can squeak out wins early and get better at the end of the year are tough outs in the playoffs.


Not quit sure where you were going with this. Don't the Eagles fall into the last statement of your post? As for the eye ball test you refer to. You do realize the Eagles are one of the few teams in the NFL with a top 10 offense and defense? That's with 9 TO taking away numerous scoring opportunities. I think some people are just getting carried away with a road loss to a Cardinal team that when playing at home are very hard to beat. I'm not going to suggest your eye ball test consist of ESPN highlights.because for all I know you happened to have watched all 16 qts the Eagles have played in it's entirety like I have. Just doubt very seriously that's the case if we are polar opposite's on how much better the eagles could play moving forward.
_________________

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 16 Rec/ 296 Yds/ 3 TD/ 18.5 YPC/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Pats#1


Joined: 19 Aug 2011
Posts: 5228
Location: Plymouth, MA
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Gtek06 Weekly power rankings Week 5 Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
Gtek06 wrote:
32.Cleveland Browns 0-4 (32)
31.Jacksonville Jaguars 1-3 (29)
30.Oakland Raiders 1-3 (2Cool
29.Miami Dolphins 1-3 (31)
28.Indianapolis Colts 1-2 (27)
27.New Orleans Saints 0-4 (30)
26.Kansas City Chiefs 1-3 (23)
25.Tennesse Titans 1-3 (24)
24.New York Jets 2-2 (16)
23.Carolina Panthers 1-3 (25)
22.Tampa Bay Bucs 1-3 (21)
21.Detroit Lions 1-3 (17)
20.Seattle Seahawks 2-2 (20)
19.Washington Redskins 2-2 (22)
18.Buffalo Bills 2-2 (1Cool
17.St.Louis Rams 2-2 (26)
16.Pittsburgh Steelers 1-2 (15)
15.Dallas Cowboys 2-2 (11)
14.Minnessotta Vikings 3-1 (19)
13.Denver Broncos 2-2 (14)
12.San Diego Chargers 3-1 (13)
11.New York Giants 2-2 (5)
10.Cincinatti Bengals 3-1 (12)
9.Green Bay Packers 2-2 (9)
8.New England Patriots 2-2 (Cool
7.Philedelphia Eagles 3-1 (10)
6.Chicago Bears 3-1 (6)
5.Arizona Cardinals 4-0 (7)
4.San Francisco 49ers 3-1 (4)
3.Baltimore Ravens 3-1 (3)

2.Atlanta Falcons 4-0 (2)
1.Houston Texans 4-0 (1)


These two definitely need to be switched....its really not even close right now.


Saying such a definitive statement w/ no substance behind it isn't really proving a point. How about elaborating? I've very interested in your reasoning.


My apologies for not going into it....I thought it was common sense. And I wasn't really worried about "proving my point" because its an opinion, simply one I think a lot of people have....but anyways


After looking at both teams, who rely on their defense to win games more so than their offense, I think its very safe to say the 49ers have the better defense, and by a large margin. If the Ravens had Suggs, it would be closer, but they don't.

The 49ers have beaten the better competition as well, including two playoff contenders. They manhandled the Packers (the score is a lot closer than the game actually was), beat the Lions, and routed the Jets and also held them scoreless. They've had one bad game against the Vikings which have ended up being a lot better than people first thought.

The Ravens have had one very good game on the offensive side where they routed the Bengals, however the they didn't hold them scoreless, which I don't find as impressive as holding the Jets to not even score a field goal. Other than that one very impressive offensive showing they have barely beaten the Patriots (in a game that horribly reffed but lets not get into it), lost to the eagles in one of the sloppiest games I've ever seen, and beaten the worst team in the NFL by 1 TD.

I think from the level of competition they've faced, paired with how they've won and lost, along with the strength of each team's main weapon (their defense), I'd take the 49ers over the Ravens every day of the week.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 19216
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
I'm curious as to why last season when teams like SF, Det, ATL, NYG , etc, won close games or had 4th qt comebacks they were praised and held to a higher standard. Yet when the eagles do it, it's considered luck and the complete opposite? Unless some of you think the eagles will continue to turn the ball over 4-5x a game every game please explain to me why when that doesn't happen (ala NYG) they won't actually be better? Last season the Eagles blew 7 4th QT leads and found numerous way's to lose football games. This season thus far not only do they/Vick (since he seems to be a major concern with some) have 3 4th QT comebacks/game winning drives but 3 4th QT holds by the defense to end the game. How that can't be a positive moving forward into the later part of the season when AR and the eagles seem to thrive the most is beyond me. I honestly don't care about rankings in Sept/Oct, they mean nothing. Now come Dec/Jan thats a whole new ball game.
2010 Bears, look it up.

The issue is the eyeball test says the Eagles aren't playing well, that winning the way they have been winning isn't sustainable. History says that teams who can squeak out wins early and get better at the end of the year are tough outs in the playoffs.


Not quit sure where you were going with this. Don't the Eagles fall into the last statement of your post? As for the eye ball test you refer to. You do realize the Eagles are one of the few teams in the NFL with a top 10 offense and defense? That's with 9 TO taking away numerous scoring opportunities. I think some people are just getting carried away with a road loss to a Cardinal team that when playing at home are very hard to beat. I'm not going to suggest your eye ball test consist of ESPN highlights.because for all I know you happened to have watched all 16 qts the Eagles have played in it's entirety like I have. Just doubt very seriously that's the case if we are polar opposite's on how much better the eagles could play moving forward.
I think you missed what I was saying. The 2010 Bears went thru the same thing, eveybody said they weren't very good all year long, then they made it the NFCCG. I think the Eagles are going thru the same thing.
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
phieagles012


Joined: 14 Aug 2012
Posts: 225
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
phieagles012 wrote:
Gotta say i really don't understand the logic of the bears over eagles.. Or the Ravens considering we beat them but at least i consider the ravens a fairly equally talented team


FWIW, the Eagles are the only winning team with a negative point differential- its -17 so far. That is, the games they're winning are extremely close, and the loss they have was a blowout decision. Combine that with a lot of turnovers early on and people will be weary. If they can continue to protect the football and get a decisive victory or 2 they'll be held in higher regard.

I get the logic, but the eagles ALWAYS start slow the only year i can remember us getting off to a hot start was the Superbowl year (7-8 wins to start it off until we got killed by the steelers) this year we are getting off to that slow start again... but this team is so good we are winning.
I get knocking us for the browns game but that was basically our preseason game we sat players in the 3rd and 4th week of preseason and Vick played what 10 snaps?
Cardinals game there is not much to say about... Just was not our day they beat our pants off but i don't see many people killing your team for losing in similar fashion to the vikings
Now those aside we have beaten the defending Superbowl champs and a team that probably should have gone to the Superbowl last year i doubt many other teams can tout wins against opponents of that quality

Now you look at a team like the Bears who have one quasi impressive win (Romo just gives his team no chance to win sometimes, the cowboys played terribly and half the teams in the league would have trounced them monday), they also got obliterated by the packers and 2 wins against vastly inferior teams.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
phieagles012


Joined: 14 Aug 2012
Posts: 225
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
I'm curious as to why last season when teams like SF, Det, ATL, NYG , etc, won close games or had 4th qt comebacks they were praised and held to a higher standard. Yet when the eagles do it, it's considered luck and the complete opposite? Unless some of you think the eagles will continue to turn the ball over 4-5x a game every game please explain to me why when that doesn't happen (ala NYG) they won't actually be better? Last season the Eagles blew 7 4th QT leads and found numerous way's to lose football games. This season thus far not only do they/Vick (since he seems to be a major concern with some) have 3 4th QT comebacks/game winning drives but 3 4th QT holds by the defense to end the game. How that can't be a positive moving forward into the later part of the season when AR and the eagles seem to thrive the most is beyond me. I honestly don't care about rankings in Sept/Oct, they mean nothing. Now come Dec/Jan thats a whole new ball game.
2010 Bears, look it up.

The issue is the eyeball test says the Eagles aren't playing well, that winning the way they have been winning isn't sustainable. History says that teams who can squeak out wins early and get better at the end of the year are tough outs in the playoffs.


Not quit sure where you were going with this. Don't the Eagles fall into the last statement of your post? As for the eye ball test you refer to. You do realize the Eagles are one of the few teams in the NFL with a top 10 offense and defense? That's with 9 TO taking away numerous scoring opportunities. I think some people are just getting carried away with a road loss to a Cardinal team that when playing at home are very hard to beat. I'm not going to suggest your eye ball test consist of ESPN highlights.because for all I know you happened to have watched all 16 qts the Eagles have played in it's entirety like I have. Just doubt very seriously that's the case if we are polar opposite's on how much better the eagles could play moving forward.
I think you missed what I was saying. The 2010 Bears went thru the same thing, eveybody said they weren't very good all year long, then they made it the NFCCG. I think the Eagles are going thru the same thing.

Don't mean to disagree with someone supporting us but i must say that season is horribly overrated, you had literally no injuries on a injury prone team and had to play 1 playoff game at home against a 7-9 team
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 19216
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phieagles012 wrote:
49ersfan wrote:
phieagles012 wrote:
Gotta say i really don't understand the logic of the bears over eagles.. Or the Ravens considering we beat them but at least i consider the ravens a fairly equally talented team


FWIW, the Eagles are the only winning team with a negative point differential- its -17 so far. That is, the games they're winning are extremely close, and the loss they have was a blowout decision. Combine that with a lot of turnovers early on and people will be weary. If they can continue to protect the football and get a decisive victory or 2 they'll be held in higher regard.

I get the logic, but the eagles ALWAYS start slow the only year i can remember us getting off to a hot start was the Superbowl year (7-8 wins to start it off until we got killed by the steelers) this year we are getting off to that slow start again... but this team is so good we are winning.
I get knocking us for the browns game but that was basically our preseason game we sat players in the 3rd and 4th week of preseason and Vick played what 10 snaps?
Cardinals game there is not much to say about... Just was not our day they beat our pants off but i don't see many people killing your team for losing in similar fashion to the vikings
Now those aside we have beaten the defending Superbowl champs and a team that probably should have gone to the Superbowl last year i doubt many other teams can tout wins against opponents of that quality

Now you look at a team like the Bears who have one quasi impressive win (Romo just gives his team no chance to win sometimes, the cowboys played terribly and half the teams in the league would have trounced them monday), they also got obliterated by the packers and 2 wins against vastly inferior teams.
a) the Bears didn't get "obliterated" by the Packers.
b) I guess 20 point win and 17 point win aren't impressive anymore.
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nabbs4u


Moderator
Joined: 28 Jul 2007
Posts: 22836
Location: North Carolina Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
I'm curious as to why last season when teams like SF, Det, ATL, NYG , etc, won close games or had 4th qt comebacks they were praised and held to a higher standard. Yet when the eagles do it, it's considered luck and the complete opposite? Unless some of you think the eagles will continue to turn the ball over 4-5x a game every game please explain to me why when that doesn't happen (ala NYG) they won't actually be better? Last season the Eagles blew 7 4th QT leads and found numerous way's to lose football games. This season thus far not only do they/Vick (since he seems to be a major concern with some) have 3 4th QT comebacks/game winning drives but 3 4th QT holds by the defense to end the game. How that can't be a positive moving forward into the later part of the season when AR and the eagles seem to thrive the most is beyond me. I honestly don't care about rankings in Sept/Oct, they mean nothing. Now come Dec/Jan thats a whole new ball game.
2010 Bears, look it up.

The issue is the eyeball test says the Eagles aren't playing well, that winning the way they have been winning isn't sustainable. History says that teams who can squeak out wins early and get better at the end of the year are tough outs in the playoffs.


Not quit sure where you were going with this. Don't the Eagles fall into the last statement of your post? As for the eye ball test you refer to. You do realize the Eagles are one of the few teams in the NFL with a top 10 offense and defense? That's with 9 TO taking away numerous scoring opportunities. I think some people are just getting carried away with a road loss to a Cardinal team that when playing at home are very hard to beat. I'm not going to suggest your eye ball test consist of ESPN highlights.because for all I know you happened to have watched all 16 qts the Eagles have played in it's entirety like I have. Just doubt very seriously that's the case if we are polar opposite's on how much better the eagles could play moving forward.
I think you missed what I was saying. The 2010 Bears went thru the same thing, eveybody said they weren't very good all year long, then they made it the NFCCG. I think the Eagles are going thru the same thing.


My apologies I did.
_________________

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 16 Rec/ 296 Yds/ 3 TD/ 18.5 YPC/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
phieagles012


Joined: 14 Aug 2012
Posts: 225
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats#1 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
phieagles012 wrote:
Gotta say i really don't understand the logic of the bears over eagles.. Or the Ravens considering we beat them but at least i consider the ravens a fairly equally talented team


I'm pretty sure it's because there's a lot of people that considered the Eagles lucky to have 3 wins up to this point.


So beating two Superbowl contenders is just all because of luck....Got it
Rolling Eyes

I can see why people think Baltimore is better...but they're not.


While a win is a win...the eagles aren't exactly dominating their opponents, its actually the opposite. They've played very sloppy football and are turnover prone. They barely beat the currently worst ranked team in football, got blown out by the cardinals, and barely won their other games. Now i'm not saying they shouldn't be ranked high, they found a way to win and thats what matters...but lets not pretend to think that that type of play is going to get them anywhere in the playoffs.


Beating your opponents by 1 does advance you in the post season.


Seriously? That's your response?

Yes, beating an opponent by 1 does advance you....however if you weren't just trying to be a smart ### you'd realize I was mainly focusing on their sloppy play, inconsistent QB play, and prone to turnovers as their major faults.

Yes, you beat the Ravens and Giants...but while they are both known for stepping up as the season goes on, the Eagles are known for the exact opposite. I'm a fan of Vick, I'm very happy that he got his act together and is a successful QB again, but he just isn't reliable, and when it comes down to it in the playoffs, you need a reliable QB, at least as a game manager, to get you far.

IF, and that is a big if, Vick is still healthy come playoff time...I really don't think the Eagles are going to get lucky again and play an NFC powerhouse on their worst day. If they end up playing the Giants, who are known to step up big time for the big games, I don't think it will close with their pass rush, and Vick's inability to stop from turning it over.

Are the eagles a good team...absolutely...are they one of the best in the league...nope.

But thats just me....personally Im hoping the opposite, cause I'd much rather see the eagles in the superbowl than anyone else from the NFC.


... what football are you watching?

-I'm guessing you are taking a shot at the eagles NFC CG record... you know it takes some stepping up to get there, and what have the ravens done recently to not be lumped into that boat, don't have the actual numbers in front of me but id bet the house on the eagles having a top 5 amount of playoff wins over the past 10 years

-The eagles are the closest thing to SD in the NFL every year they start off slow, an arguement could be made that they are the best 2nd half team in the NFL, where you came to that conclusion that they are not i have no idea but it just simply is wrong.

-The giants almost always start off hot 6-2 4-1 etc then collapse, 2 times they have pulled it together to save the season in the last few weeks, again where you get they are notorious slow starters i do not know.. but this is again just wrong

-Look no further then last year where the eagles were losing these close games then turned into a Juggernaut at the end of the year
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
phieagles012


Joined: 14 Aug 2012
Posts: 225
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
phieagles012 wrote:
49ersfan wrote:
phieagles012 wrote:
Gotta say i really don't understand the logic of the bears over eagles.. Or the Ravens considering we beat them but at least i consider the ravens a fairly equally talented team


FWIW, the Eagles are the only winning team with a negative point differential- its -17 so far. That is, the games they're winning are extremely close, and the loss they have was a blowout decision. Combine that with a lot of turnovers early on and people will be weary. If they can continue to protect the football and get a decisive victory or 2 they'll be held in higher regard.

I get the logic, but the eagles ALWAYS start slow the only year i can remember us getting off to a hot start was the Superbowl year (7-8 wins to start it off until we got killed by the steelers) this year we are getting off to that slow start again... but this team is so good we are winning.
I get knocking us for the browns game but that was basically our preseason game we sat players in the 3rd and 4th week of preseason and Vick played what 10 snaps?
Cardinals game there is not much to say about... Just was not our day they beat our pants off but i don't see many people killing your team for losing in similar fashion to the vikings
Now those aside we have beaten the defending Superbowl champs and a team that probably should have gone to the Superbowl last year i doubt many other teams can tout wins against opponents of that quality

Now you look at a team like the Bears who have one quasi impressive win (Romo just gives his team no chance to win sometimes, the cowboys played terribly and half the teams in the league would have trounced them monday), they also got obliterated by the packers and 2 wins against vastly inferior teams.
a) the Bears didn't get "obliterated" by the Packers.
b) I guess 20 point win and 17 point win aren't impressive anymore.

Scoring a touchdown in garbage time does not change the fact that you were down 24-3 and threw 4 ints against a defense that was considered suspect going into the week

these games happen I am not trying to discredit the bears i just don't see how they are rated higher then the Eagles, the other two games yeah you crushed the teams but with how off the cowboys were and the other game being against a team that won the #1 pick last year that should be expected
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group