Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gtek06 Weekly power rankings Week 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
49ersfan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phieagles012 wrote:
Gotta say i really don't understand the logic of the bears over eagles.. Or the Ravens considering we beat them but at least i consider the ravens a fairly equally talented team

FWIW, the Eagles are the only winning team with a negative point differential- its -17 so far. That is, the games they're winning are extremely close, and the loss they have was a blowout decision. Combine that with a lot of turnovers early on and people will be weary. If they can continue to protect the football and get a decisive victory or 2 they'll be held in higher regard.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
vikingshomer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
Surprisingly if Minnesota only won 1 more game this year, we'd kill everyone's projected record of 3-13 for the 2012 season. Laughing

Go Vikings!

I don't even know what to say about our success right now. It seems like we are overachieving as our defense is basically full of a bunch of what seems like nobodies (sans Allen, Williams, Winfield) or rookies who haven't proved a thing yet. I think a lot of it has to do with Alan Williams and playing to our players strengths, which is refreshing for a change. We haven't overachieved on the defensive side of the ball in what seems like forever. I'm am really warming up to Alan Williams. For our defense to take the next step though we need to find an MLB that is great at coverage, neither Henderson nor Brinkley are very good in that area.

Edit: Forgot Greenway.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we could actually play 60 minutes of football on Sundays...
baconrad3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
phieagles012 wrote:
Gotta say i really don't understand the logic of the bears over eagles.. Or the Ravens considering we beat them but at least i consider the ravens a fairly equally talented team

I'm pretty sure it's because there's a lot of people that considered the Eagles lucky to have 3 wins up to this point.

So beating two Superbowl contenders is just all because of luck....Got it
Rolling Eyes

I can see why people think Baltimore is better...but they're not.

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
MilleniumD2000

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
phieagles012 wrote:

I'm pretty sure it's because there's a lot of people that considered the Eagles lucky to have 3 wins up to this point.

Rolling Eyes

So the Ravens led pretty much the whole game and lost in the final two minutes because of crappy play calling from both coordinators but you have a problem with them being ranked over the Eagles? You guys got smoked in Arizona, we lost a game by one point that we should've won. If you guys wouldn't have gotten turned out by Arizona then I would agree with the Eagles being ranked over the Ravens but you did. This brings me to my next point, I have no problem if New England was ranked over the Ravens if they had the same record because we were very fortunate to beat them.
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:

As a Redskins fan, I feel your pain.

And putting the Redskins in the 16-20 range makes sense. We're average. Simple enough.
Roy Helu, Jr: 16 GP, 62 rushes, 274 yards, 4 TDs; 31 catches, 251 yards
Pats#1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MilleniumD2000 wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
phieagles012 wrote:

Rolling Eyes

So the Ravens led pretty much the whole game and lost in the final two minutes because of crappy play calling from both coordinators but you have a problem with them being ranked over the Eagles? You guys got smoked in Arizona, we lost a game by one point that we should've won. If you guys wouldn't have gotten turned out by Arizona then I would agree with the Eagles being ranked over the Ravens but you did. This brings me to my next point, I have no problem if New England was ranked over the Ravens if they had the same record because we were very fortunate to beat them.

I really hope we get to see both teams face off against one another in the playoffs at 100%. I know its highly unlikely that Suggs will be back 100% anytime this season, but these two teams are damn good, especially when they're on and healthy. Hoping for an AFCCG rematch this year with both teams at the top of their game.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MilleniumD2000 wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
phieagles012 wrote:

Rolling Eyes

You might want to brush up on your comprehension skills.

I said I know why people think Baltimore is better....It's understandable. I just don't think that they are better.

I have no problem with Baltimore being ranked higher...I just don't agree.

This forum Laughing

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
Pats#1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
phieagles012 wrote:

Rolling Eyes

While a win is a win...the eagles aren't exactly dominating their opponents, its actually the opposite. They've played very sloppy football and are turnover prone. They barely beat the currently worst ranked team in football, got blown out by the cardinals, and barely won their other games. Now i'm not saying they shouldn't be ranked high, they found a way to win and thats what matters...but lets not pretend to think that that type of play is going to get them anywhere in the playoffs.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins24-7 wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:

As a Redskins fan, I feel your pain.

And putting the Redskins in the 16-20 range makes sense. We're average. Simple enough.

Yeah. We seem to be in vaguley similar situations. We can move the ball and we can play good defense... just not consistently.
Pats#1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Gtek06 Weekly power rankings Week 5 Reply with quote

Gtek06 wrote:
32.Cleveland Browns 0-4 (32)
31.Jacksonville Jaguars 1-3 (29)
30.Oakland Raiders 1-3 (2Cool
29.Miami Dolphins 1-3 (31)
28.Indianapolis Colts 1-2 (27)
27.New Orleans Saints 0-4 (30)
26.Kansas City Chiefs 1-3 (23)
25.Tennesse Titans 1-3 (24)
24.New York Jets 2-2 (16)
23.Carolina Panthers 1-3 (25)
22.Tampa Bay Bucs 1-3 (21)
21.Detroit Lions 1-3 (17)
20.Seattle Seahawks 2-2 (20)
19.Washington Redskins 2-2 (22)
18.Buffalo Bills 2-2 (1Cool
17.St.Louis Rams 2-2 (26)
16.Pittsburgh Steelers 1-2 (15)
15.Dallas Cowboys 2-2 (11)
14.Minnessotta Vikings 3-1 (19)
13.Denver Broncos 2-2 (14)
12.San Diego Chargers 3-1 (13)
11.New York Giants 2-2 (5)
10.Cincinatti Bengals 3-1 (12)
9.Green Bay Packers 2-2 (9)
8.New England Patriots 2-2 (Cool
7.Philedelphia Eagles 3-1 (10)
6.Chicago Bears 3-1 (6)
5.Arizona Cardinals 4-0 (7)
4.San Francisco 49ers 3-1 (4)
3.Baltimore Ravens 3-1 (3)

2.Atlanta Falcons 4-0 (2)
1.Houston Texans 4-0 (1)

These two definitely need to be switched....its really not even close right now.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
MilleniumD2000 wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
phieagles012 wrote:

Rolling Eyes

You might want to brush up on your comprehension skills.

I said I know why people think Baltimore is better....It's understandable. I just don't think that they are better.

I have no problem with Baltimore being ranked higher...I just don't agree.

This forum Laughing

That's funny because you clearly said I can see why people think Baltimore is better but they're not. I provided a reason as to why I think Baltimore is better so please explain to me why you think the Eagles are better. Don't comeback at me trying to insult my intelligence, explain your stance otherwise don't reply to me with garbage.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats#1 wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
phieagles012 wrote:

Rolling Eyes

While a win is a win...the eagles aren't exactly dominating their opponents, its actually the opposite. They've played very sloppy football and are turnover prone. They barely beat the currently worst ranked team in football, got blown out by the cardinals, and barely won their other games. Now i'm not saying they shouldn't be ranked high, they found a way to win and thats what matters...but lets not pretend to think that that type of play is going to get them anywhere in the playoffs.

Beating your opponents by 1 does advance you in the post season.

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Was the dog eating the child?
Pats#1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
phieagles012 wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Beating your opponents by 1 does advance you in the post season.

Seriously? That's your response?

Yes, beating an opponent by 1 does advance you....however if you weren't just trying to be a smart ### you'd realize I was mainly focusing on their sloppy play, inconsistent QB play, and prone to turnovers as their major faults.

Yes, you beat the Ravens and Giants...but while they are both known for stepping up as the season goes on, the Eagles are known for the exact opposite. I'm a fan of Vick, I'm very happy that he got his act together and is a successful QB again, but he just isn't reliable, and when it comes down to it in the playoffs, you need a reliable QB, at least as a game manager, to get you far.

IF, and that is a big if, Vick is still healthy come playoff time...I really don't think the Eagles are going to get lucky again and play an NFC powerhouse on their worst day. If they end up playing the Giants, who are known to step up big time for the big games, I don't think it will close with their pass rush, and Vick's inability to stop from turning it over.

Are the eagles a good team...absolutely...are they one of the best in the league...nope.

But thats just me....personally Im hoping the opposite, cause I'd much rather see the eagles in the superbowl than anyone else from the NFC.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
phieagles012 wrote:

Just like the Patriots are considered to be "unlucky" given how they lost both games....

Power rankings are pointless.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: