Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 5: "Mercy Rule" Texans @ Jets
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins this game?
Houston Texans
53%
 53%  [ 17 ]
New York Jets
25%
 25%  [ 8 ]
Geno Smith
21%
 21%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 32

Sapo28

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:
Haven't felt as pessimistic about a game in a long time.

We'll be without our three best offensive skill players in all likelihood(being generous to Hill), will be playing without one of the best defensives player in the NFL and defensive fulcrum, and the team's starting NT will either not be playing or will continue to play injured and be ineffective.

The thing about this game is that it goes beyond acknowledging that it's going to be difficult to win this. I can't even explain how the Jets can go about having a chance. Stop Arian Foster? Jets can't stop anybody. Pressure Matt Schaub? Jets can't pressure anybody. And how is the Jets offense even going to score points?

The Jets may be missing every essential offensive and defensive player but lets look on the bright side.

We got the single most effective special teams player.

Joe Mc-mother franking-Knight
247 return yards and 2 touchdowns.
A pick 6 and a sack.
cause he plays every side of the ball ((Balls don't even have sides but Mcknight knows where they are and does) mind blown)
You heard it here first fellas.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:
Me and my friends were talking about it today... there are probably only 2 teams more talent-depleted at the skill positions even when we're healthy (ARGUABLY the Colts and Dolphins)...

If we're without Keller and Hill, it has potential to be the ugliest offensive performance ever.

Really? I wasn't sure it could get much worse then last week. 0 points and less then 200 total yards and you're telling me it can get worse? Crying or Very sad

Well I usually fall asleep by half time of the Monday night games cause I have to work in the morning. Maybe if the Texans can step up on Monday I can get a little extra sleep and be in bed by the end of the first.

Any word on Hill yet? I hope him and Keller can play. Hill said it was a minor tweak but then again so did Keller.

Not giving up on the season yet but definitely giving up on this game.

Props to Mack on the sig
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are saying Hill seems to be very doubtful for this game. Pouha and Keller are still up in the air.

If we had everyone fully healthy, I don't think we would be doing much better but certainly it would help. We have been bit by the injury bug this year, but that's no excuse for terrible execution and effort. I'm with Davey on this, I just don't see how we are going to be competitive at all against the Texans.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCK: 123 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
green24

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
They are saying Hill seems to be very doubtful for this game. Pouha and Keller are still up in the air.

If we had everyone fully healthy, I don't think we would be doing much better but certainly it would help. We have been bit by the injury bug this year, but that's no excuse for terrible execution and effort. I'm with Davey on this, I just don't see how we are going to be competitive at all against the Texans.

I think I would rather have a healthy Kenrick Ellis than an injured Sione Pouha.
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:

I think I would rather have a healthy Kenrick Ellis than an injured Sione Pouha.

Pouha simply hasn't been the same due to that nagging back injury. It really sucks, because he is such a huge part of our run defense. Ellis needs to step up.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCK: 123 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
Rich51

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we forfeit at halftime? Just kidding (I think). I'm also with Davey. I don't see us moving the ball or stopping Houston. Even if it's close at halftime our d will be worn out by the middle of the third.

The only bit of optimism I can come up with is that maybe Holmes was the cancer we all know he is and the offense will explode without him. I can see it now Greene breaking through holes and running around blocks by Tebow for 150, Sanchez hitting speedy wr McKnight for a couple of tds. Yep maybe it was all Holmes' fault.
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be going to this game actually. My tickets haven't sold yet, and I'm not sure they will at this point.

I greatly fear how this offense will perform with these weapons.

Keller is the most frustrating one. He hasn't played a full game yet this season, and he only lasted one drive against Buffalo IIRC. It must be the mother of all hamstring injuries if he still hasn't recovered more than a month after the original injury.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we will come out motivated in the 1st half, but fall apart in the 2nd.

Texans - 30
Jets - 17

Predicting that Schilens will perform well. I'm only making a prediction because the one time I didn't do it, 34-0 happened. I tried to look for what I call "Cheer me up stats" , but I couldn't find much. Besides the Broncos, the Texans beat teams like the Jags, Titans, and Dolphins. Those teams have only 1 win each. But our Morale is very low right now. You know its sad when Jason Hill out of all people talk about bringing it up. A lot of tweets/quotes caught my attention.

Quote:
Mike Pettine put Carlos Rogers' quote about Jets D quitting up in meeting room this week. Said players' reaction was "silence" #nyj

I look at this as an attempt to bring that swagger we once had back. Normally we do things like this for the Pats or a playoff game.

Quote:
Pettine on Maybin: "I think it's safe to say, he'll be out there more this week." #nyj

He only had two plays last week. I don't know why. But he made a nice tackle on one of them. Him & Davis are the only 2 LB's we have that can create some type of pressure. Maybe Coples get enough snaps and show us something.

Quote:
Sparano wants Sanchez's completion %age to be higher, but said he has to do a better job as a coach too #nyj

Sparano might start mark off with easy plays to get him in rhythm , and then go into the the normal plays. But its more on Sanchez, all Tony can do is call the plays.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
green24

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@CBSJets: #Jets Conner (hamstring), S. Hill (hamstring), Keller (hamstring), and Po'uha (back) listed as doubtful for MNF against #Texans.

Quote:
@CBSJets: #Jets Berry (ribs), McKnight (illness), Scott (toe), E. Smith (hip, knee), Thomas (hamstring) questionable for MNF against #Texans.
KBS756

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Quote:
@CBSJets: #Jets Conner (hamstring), S. Hill (hamstring), Keller (hamstring), and Po'uha (back) listed as doubtful for MNF against #Texans.

Quote:
@CBSJets: #Jets Berry (ribs), McKnight (illness), Scott (toe), E. Smith (hip, knee), Thomas (hamstring) questionable for MNF against #Texans.

Man injuries are really wiping us out this season ...
bzane

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GangGreen420 wrote:
This is going to be the "Beginning of the End" of the Ryan era. The team is going to quit by halftime.

Well, maybe not. What if Buddy, in another motivational gimmick, makes a tearful pre-game address to the team, urging them to "win one for the Tone"-? Might inspire the Jets to victory!

-Of course, if they lose anyway, he can turn on the waterworks again for another bogus grandstand "it's-all-my-fault" confessional press conference, bawling and blubbering for the cameras, and assuming all the blame for the loss.

It's so much easier to kowtow to your players and tell them they're all wonderful- than to draw the line and provide discipline.
norg

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont know why yall are so down 4 one my team is like 0-3 at MNF games and we are playing on the road thats gotta count 4 something ???? right

and what are we like 0-2 aganist the jets lately i remember yes i know 3 years ago were u stomped US week 1 like a ed headed step child

and just 2 years ago we lost agian when shanchez drove down like 90 yards in 43 seconds ..... ????

yeah i know every year is different but IMO has a texans fan this will be the hardest game we will play so far even harder then Denver imo

and im not sure of our injur report yet but we got like 2 starting guards knicked up our good young WR Lestar jean out and ben tate is knicked up has well ..and IR list i dont know what were up to but its at least 4 players already
Heavinsent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

norg wrote:
i dont know why yall are so down 4 one my team is like 0-3 at MNF games and we are playing on the road thats gotta count 4 something ???? right

and what are we like 0-2 aganist the jets lately i remember yes i know 3 years ago were u stomped US week 1 like a ed headed step child

and just 2 years ago we lost agian when shanchez drove down like 90 yards in 43 seconds ..... ????

yeah i know every year is different but IMO has a texans fan this will be the hardest game we will play so far even harder then Denver imo

and im not sure of our injur report yet but we got like 2 starting guards knicked up our good young WR Lestar jean out and ben tate is knicked up has well ..and IR list i dont know what were up to but its at least 4 players already

Well you guys are dramatically better than 2 years ago, and we're significantly worse.

Trust me, this shouldn't be a problem for the Texans. It would be a huge shock if the Jets won this game.

Props to Jamison for the sig.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Per SNY's Bent, "it's looking likely that Damon Harrison, Lex Hilliard, Jason Hill & Jonathan Grimes will make their #Jets debuts Monday."

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
Jamison.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
Quote:
Per SNY's Bent, "it's looking likely that Damon Harrison, Lex Hilliard, Jason Hill & Jonathan Grimes will make their #Jets debuts Monday."
oh god(big sean voice)

Jamison.'s Gallery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 2 of 30

Jump to: