Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 5: "Mercy Rule" Texans @ Jets
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins this game?
Houston Texans
53%
 53%  [ 17 ]
New York Jets
25%
 25%  [ 8 ]
Geno Smith
21%
 21%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 32

rickyt31

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some things I noticed.

- Our dline sucked. They can't take advantage of their 1-1 opportunities. Ellis was getting swallowed by the oline. When you are a NT, you have to command a double team to free up others.

- I like the big stop Harrison was apart of. He plugged the middle like a real 3-4 NT is suppose to.

- Brandon Moore was bad today. Not just against JJ, but almost everyone who came on that side. Our oline couldn't move their defenders to create wholes for the running backs.

- I wanted to see more throws to Schilens. He almost caught every pass that was thrown to him.

- I seen a lot of +'s from mark as well as a few -'s. Threw a bad pass to Cromartie on the fly route and should learn to not throw on JJ's side. But everything else I was impressed with.

We are done with the toughest part of the schedule and only 1 game below 500. Still 2-0 in the division. Things should flow better on offense when Keller return.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another week of Sanchez completing less than 50% of his passes.
sandwhich

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GangGreen718 wrote:

And another week of that being an untelling statistic.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tebow fans are not Jets fans.

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
Karmaloop

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GangGreen718 wrote:
I'd say half of that is on him, half on receivers.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Tebow fans are not Jets fans.

This. All of this.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandwhich wrote:
GangGreen718 wrote:

And another week of that being an untelling statistic.

It doesnt tell the whole story, it never does, BUT he still is making big mistakes. That throw to Cromartie is terrible throw to a wide open recevier down field. He doesnt make the throws he should. Marks not the whole problem but hes certainly not the answer either.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Jetfan66

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was an encouraging loss after last week.

But god Mike Tirico and Jon Gruden were insufferable. They barely lent one compliment to the Jets all game. If they did make a compliment it was to Tim Tebow and Tim Tebow only. Typical ESPN.

And I hope that Sanchez's performance (lets be honest, he played pretty well aside from his usual low passes across the line) puts to rest ESPN's hatred. Sadly, they will only focus on his stat line and we have a whole week of Tebow talk again.

R.I.P. Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
"We are worried. Kris Jenkins eats O-Lineman better then Kobayashi eats hot dogs." -Stephen Neal, Dan Koppen, and Logan Mankins
KBS756

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetfan66 wrote:
It was an encouraging loss after last week.

But god Mike Tirico and Jon Gruden were insufferable. They barely lent one compliment to the Jets all game. If they did make a compliment it was to Tim Tebow and Tim Tebow only. Typical ESPN.

And I hope that Sanchez's performance (lets be honest, he played pretty well aside from his usual low passes across the line) puts to rest ESPN's hatred. Sadly, they will only focus on his stat line and we have a whole week of Tebow talk again.

Gotta agree on the commenting ... Gruden when I hear him during a Giants game is all praise ... today he was trashing us with a dose of Tebow ... like somehow an option play was gonna go 90+ yards for a TD
jimbo1904

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tebow and Sanchez are not the answers. Mark missed a wide open Cro, threw it too low 3 times (tipped) and high and behind cumberland. I'd give his game (considering his WR's) a C+. He kept us in the game... but also kinda blew it for us with this low passes.

THe question is what happens to get this team back to winning.

Front office:
Mike T has to take the fall. Horrible drafting, horrible contracts, bad in FA.
Rex gets a pass, but is on the "warm seat" We need to get back to drafting Jets players: smart, fundamently sound, good locker room guys. Lets erase the circus label NOW.

Offense:
Need a dynamic RB
Need a dynamic WR
Need a RT, G
Need to think about future QB. Mark's mistakes just havent been cleaned up. ITs been 4 years. He is not our Sanchise...

Defense:
True disruptive NT
OLB's
ILB (replace Scott)
Cover Safety
The thing with this defense is that we cant clog the middle like we could with Jenkins and we are way too slow with our LB's.
We cant get to the QB even with 1st round Couples. The only position on the whole team we good at is CB (assuming Revis comes back and is healthy).
Open to thoughts....
Jetfan66

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimbo1904 wrote:
Tebow and Sanchez are not the answers. Mark missed a wide open Cro, threw it too low 3 times (tipped) and high and behind cumberland. I'd give his game (considering his WR's) a C+. He kept us in the game... but also kinda blew it for us with this low passes.

That pass to Cumberland should have been caught. Cumberland reacted too late. The pass to Cromartie wasn't that bad either, had Cromartie had better practice as a WR, he would have better knowledge of how to drag his feet.

Sanchez did blow the game with his low throws over the LOS but that has always been a problem. We need to move the pocket more or work with Sanchez on a higher release point.

Quote:
Mike T has to take the fall. Horrible drafting, horrible contracts, bad in FA.

I agree. His drafting has to get him fired. We had little to no depth. I want a protege from the Steelers, Ravens, Texans, 49ers, or Giants ASAP.

Hopefully they will add more speed to the defense and some more beef to the Gs so Rex can go back to the Baltimore days.

R.I.P. Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
"We are worried. Kris Jenkins eats O-Lineman better then Kobayashi eats hot dogs." -Stephen Neal, Dan Koppen, and Logan Mankins
Revis4president

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the reason why gruden and other veteran nfl coaches and players trash the jets is mainly because they are sick of talking about Tebow. And quite honest they are right. Its all Woody johnsons fault. Bringing in Tebow was dumb and it has brought a circus act here just beginning. You dont sign Sanchez for two more years 20 mil guaranteed and sign Tebow unless you are a straight up doofus. Just start rebuilding now and go back to square one. I honestly could tell you how to manage this team and do a better job at it than they have. Not to mention the way i would manage the team would bring in more fans.

Tanny is an idiot

Rex is dellusional.

thats honestly being fair.

I like Rex but we need a HEAD Coach not some defense minded guy that doesnt know how to build a team and utilize guys to there maximum potential.

Its just not working
green24

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cushing has a torn ACL.

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
rickyt31

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hey JETS!!! I'm available! I'm ready, willing & able! Call my agent @jordanwoy & let's make it happen.

A tweet from Terrell Owens.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
Quote:
Hey JETS!!! I'm available! I'm ready, willing & able! Call my agent @jordanwoy & let's make it happen.

A tweet from Terrell Owens.

I might as well tweet the same thing.

aceinthehouse wrote:
Call it a hunch. Idea

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 28 of 30

Jump to: