Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Where's the perspective?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we miss Jahvid Best and Louis Delmas more than we know.

With Delmas in the game, our pass rush is so much better. I cant explain it, but it is.

With Best in the game, safeties move up on him because he's one if the best in the game in space.

Those two players back healthy could save this team.
stylish313

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:

With Delmas in the game, our pass rush is so much better. I cant explain it, but it is.

With Best in the game, safeties move up on him because he's one if the best in the game in space.

I think you should get over it. Those two players are injury prone, and cannot be factored into our success.
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:

I think you should get over it. Those two players are injury prone, and cannot be factored into our success.

It was a general statement of how much they mean to this team when they are on the field.
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:

Yep, both are talented enough to be centerpieces of the franchise, but if you're going to do that, you've gotta be able to stay healthy. Best and Delmas just can't do that like Calvin or Suh can, or even less-talented guys like Backus or Raiola.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for four years running!)
Jrugges

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:

I agree big time. We miss the speed Best had in the backfield, even from the screen pass. He was capable of going yard anytime he had the ball in space and we don't quite have that player on the roster now that he's gone.
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jrugges wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:

I agree big time. We miss the speed Best had in the backfield, even from the screen pass. He was capable of going yard anytime he had the ball in space and we don't quite have that player on the roster now that he's gone.

For every time a screen to Best went yard there were ten times we ended up with 2nd and 10 or 11.

Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
Jrugges wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:

For every time a screen to Best went yard there were ten times we ended up with 2nd and 10 or 11.

And a trip to I.R.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
stylish313

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
Jrugges wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:

And a trip to I.R.
The truth hurts
qball8001

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
Jrugges wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:

Same can be said of number 20.
stylish313

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

qball8001 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
Jrugges wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:

You really gonna go there???
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
Jrugges wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:

And a trip to I.R.
The truth hurts

Yup. The video of him vomiting after the concussion in college still upsets me.

That was one severe concussion.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
qball8001

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
qball8001 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
Jrugges wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:

First, let me make this perfectly clear. Jahvid Best is not Barry. Barry is the greatest ever, but he was not a man without his faults.

Just saying you gotta take the good with the bad. The bad is there, but the game changing ability is also there.
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

qball8001 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
qball8001 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
Jrugges wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:

First, let me make this perfectly clear. Jahvid Best is not Barry. Barry is the greatest ever, but he was not a man without his faults.

Just saying you gotta take the good with the bad. The bad is there, but the game changing ability is also there.

Jahvid has way way way more bad than good, while Barry had way way way more good than bad. Terrible comparison imo.

Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: