Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who are the worst O/D coordinators in the league?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are way too hard on Dom Capers.

#FREEBARRINGTON
Biggsam49

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelerspower wrote:
I do not understand why the Giants fan hate Kevin Gilbride

This.

Fewell and Gilbride are both above average, probably top 10. (Can't say I know everyone else's well enough to give an accurate number)
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of Eagles fans myself included get's frustrated with Marty's playcalling, he way too often goes to all pass mode. Which is silly given LeSean McCoy, and we need to help the Oline/Vick and the best way to do that is to run the ball.

Juan relies a lot on 4 man rush, which is smart given our Dline. Only 5 or 7 sacks, but we generate a good amount of pressure, and we have the lowest QB rating against us. The run defense have improved a lot. Ravens was running on us with relative ease in the first half, in the second half Rice had like 6 yards on 6 carries.

I think Juan get's help from some good coaches in Bowles and Washburn and a talented defense, but credit where it's due, he himself have been good. Also for all 4 of our starting games we have let the other teams offense have good field position must of the time due to terrible KO coverage or turnovers.

Marty is frustrating, but we can move the ball, next project is scoring TD's when we're in the redzone.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:
It's funny how no one is ever a homer with coordinators. Fans just love to trash their coaches because it's an easy fix - we get rid of this guy and our problems will go away! They don't want to hear that the players just aren't good enough.

Let's just say this one hits close to home.

I loved me some Pagano Sad Also loved Rex minus him going into prevent late in games.

My beef (I hate that I just used that word) with our coordinators is their styles in relation to what I prefer: I like fast, aggressive defenses that challenge QBs to beat us, and I like offenses that are efficient with the occasional shot, not those that are looking for the big play constantly (which is why I loved Pagano, and why I like what Cam's doing so far this year with the no huddle).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First three weeks I would have said McD was in the convo but Pats did well against the Bills so I won't hate too much. At times tho he can frustrate us so much with his stupid gimmicks and stubbornness.

Mack on the sig
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sullivan is more conservative with a lead than I would like to see and we rarely take shots downfield early in ball games. We'll see if that changes later on in the year.

Sheridan has transformed our run defense from one of the worst to one of the best. That's quite an accomplishment because our run defense has been awful over these last few years.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
texans_uk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:
It's funny how no one is ever a homer with coordinators. Fans just love to trash their coaches because it's an easy fix - we get rid of this guy and our problems will go away! They don't want to hear that the players just aren't good enough.

Wade Phillips says hi.

To be honest or problem has generally been on defence in the past with Kubs hiring horribly underqualified coordinators. Check out the two we had prior to Phillips, shocking.

pigsooie5

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Jets fans are funny. Schotty was the worst OC ever and Wayne Hunter was the worst OT ever. And yet Schotty has been solid for us and Hunter has filled in at LT after Rodger's injury and held Clemons sackless and Peppers to like .5 sacks. He's been remarkably solid as a pass protector.

Quit looking at paper stats to try and convince yourself of something... I know you watched the Rams/Bears game, and if you truely think Hunter shut down pep your kidding yourself. He was constantly getting pressure up front, allowing the rest of the Dline to take advantage. 5 sacks isn't just a coincedence...

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Jets fans are funny. Schotty was the worst OC ever and Wayne Hunter was the worst OT ever. And yet Schotty has been solid for us and Hunter has filled in at LT after Rodger's injury and held Clemons sackless and Peppers to like .5 sacks. He's been remarkably solid as a pass protector.

Quit looking at paper stats to try and convince yourself of something... I know you watched the Rams/Bears game, and if you truely think Hunter shut down pep your kidding yourself. He was constantly getting pressure up front, allowing the rest of the Dline to take advantage. 5 sacks isn't just a coincedence...

Not looking at paper stats, Peppers wasn't shut down but Hunter performed the best of any of our OLs in that game. Which is why I said he's been solid. The Bears DTs were the ones giving us the most problems in that game.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

Not looking at paper stats, Peppers wasn't shut down but Hunter performed the best of any of our OLs in that game. Which is why I said he's been solid. The Bears DTs were the ones giving us the most problems in that game.
It was the whole line, everybody other than Henry Melton got at least .5 a sack against the Rams.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

It was the whole line, everybody other than Henry Melton got at least .5 a sack against the Rams.

Yea but the interior pressure influenced a lot of it. Bradford had no room to step up and often was having to scramble or try and find WRs while backing away from pressure.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
GaTechRavens wrote:

Ken Norton Jr. is a great linebacker coach!

You guys have a couple of young secondary coaches from USC that are destined for bigger things sooner rather than later. Names via Wikipedia now; Rocky Seto and Kris Richard. 36 and 32 respectively, both are in charge of one of the best defensive backfields in all of football and it includes a safety most thought would have to be converted into a LB. A 4th round pick from Stanford and an FA pickup from the CFL.

Seto and Richard deserve a lot of credit there.

Ray Horton might be the best defensive coordinator in the NFL.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Tooki

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
Tooki wrote:
GaTechRavens wrote:

Ken Norton Jr. is a great linebacker coach!

You guys have a couple of young secondary coaches from USC that are destined for bigger things sooner rather than later. Names via Wikipedia now; Rocky Seto and Kris Richard. 36 and 32 respectively, both are in charge of one of the best defensive backfields in all of football and it includes a safety most thought would have to be converted into a LB. A 4th round pick from Stanford and an FA pickup from the CFL.

Seto and Richard deserve a lot of credit there.

Ray Horton might be the best defensive coordinator in the NFL.

I agree about Seto And Richard. Earl Thomas has also improved a lot since they have been the main coaches.

And I would definitely consider Ray Horton as a candidate for the best defensive coordinator. He has done a great job with your D.
renndawg37

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry Gray is the absolute worst DC in the history of the world. No pressure, no imagination, no tackling, and ZERO adjustments. The CBs play 10 yards off their man, while the safeties line up 30 yards off the line of scrimmage and immediately backpedal off the snap.

Zach Brown
George Wilson
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a disgruntled Chiefs fan, I'd rank Daboll around the middle of the pack so far. He's got a hard job with plenty of talent to use, but a QB who is embarassing the team. You don't want to run Charles into the ground and you do have plenty of weapons to throw to, which would keep the defense honest, but with Cassel's inaccuracy, inability to find the open guy, and the turnovers, what do you do? Sometimes we are predictable when we're gonna run, but I blame this on Cassel. We came out with 3 strait passes against SD and the 3rd one was an awful INT.

One big complaint, he uses a FB...yet we have no FB on the team so we use our 5th string RB as a FB, thus taking one of our weapons OFF the field.

Romeo is without a doubt in contention for worst DC THIS year. He seemingly can't handle double duties. Anybody who watched the Chiefs would agree they don't come out prepared on D and take too long to adjust if they do at all. The last two games have been much better. Overall, I think Romeo is one of the best...it remains to be seen if he's closer to the top like normal or truly can't pull double duty.

I don't know what Chiefs fan would say Daboll's one of the worst at this point...we're not the kind of fan base to overrate/underrate. Romeo is a legit complaint as a HC/DC.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: