Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets sign former Dolphins, Patriots RB Lex Hilliard
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Jets sign former Dolphins, Patriots RB Lex Hilliard Reply with quote

Quote:
Jets sign RB Lex Hilliard, per league source.

http://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/statuses/253243866738745344
Tom Brady Tribute
Spiel612

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To quote a previous thread: Season saved.

Can we just start Bilal Powell already? I'm not expecting much improvement, but watching Shonn Greene is actually legitimately worse then watching Sanchez right now.
green24

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Terminator will not be back. I think, assuming that we are signing Hilliard to play FB.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its for FB too.

Can we just start McElroy at QB, Bilal at RB, Hill at WR (still), and Ducasse at LG on offense.

Then convert to 4-3 on defense, start Coples at DE, Ellis at DT Wilkerson at DT, Pace at DE and Davis at OLB with Harris in the middle and Bart on the other side...than we can REALLY see how well the Rex and Tanny marriage has drafted.

If we go 6-10 we consider it a positive season and we continue the rebuild with the positive starts we have going forward! That would at least make me interested in watching the rest of the year lol.

Obviously part of me is joking here, BUT it would certainly be more fun at this point lol.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hilliard was brutal as a FB for the Patriots, we gave him a shot, he only lasted a handful of snaps on a couple of games and didn't make much contribution on special teams either.

He is one of the worst run blockers ever.
Tom Brady Tribute
Spiel612

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
I think its for FB too.

Can we just start McElroy at QB, Bilal at RB, Hill at WR (still), and Ducasse at LG on offense.

Then convert to 4-3 on defense, start Coples at DE, Ellis at DT Wilkerson at DT, Pace at DE and Davis at OLB with Harris in the middle and Bart on the other side...than we can REALLY see how well the Rex and Tanny marriage has drafted.

If we go 6-10 we consider it a positive season and we continue the rebuild with the positive starts we have going forward! That would at least make me interested in watching the rest of the year lol.

Obviously part of me is joking here, BUT it would certainly be more fun at this point lol.

How sad is it that we're in first place and not a single person here is looking forward to the next three months unless we do something like this?

I'd actually really enjoy watching something like that though. Granted I think McElroy is a slightly less talented version of Brooks Bollinger (and less mobile).
ekill08x

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiel612 wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
I think its for FB too.

How sad is it that we're in first place and not a single person here is looking forward to the next three months unless we do something like this?

I'd actually really enjoy watching something like that though. Granted I think McElroy is a slightly less talented version of Brooks Bollinger (and less mobile).

Oh god brooks bollinger. ANd yeah I agree. Its because most of us on here aren't stupid, this team is bad. THeres nothing we do on either side of the ball thats even mediocre at this point. Were below average at every facet of the game right now. However we have potential on defense to be much better stopping the run, this is very unlike us to be this bad. We all know that were not destined for the playoffs or even close.

In regards to McElroy I actually was in the same boat as you. But really never gave him much thought. Then I read this http://www.mockdraftclub.com/player-profiles/greg-mcelroy-profile which made me optimistic on the fact that hes accurate, smart, and has pocket presence. He could at the very least but the game manger we had hoped Mark could be at worst which he hasn't even been at best. Not saying it would be better but it would fun.
green24

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manish Mehta wrote:
Jets waived WR Patrick Turner. Nyj also signed WR Jordan White to practice squad and cut DB Donnie Fletcher from PS #nyj

Cimini also speculates this might have to do with Conner's lingering hamstring injury. I guess the Terminator will be back.
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiel612

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bring up Jordan White. He can't possibly be worse then the current group.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Manish Mehta wrote:
Jets waived WR Patrick Turner. Nyj also signed WR Jordan White to practice squad and cut DB Donnie Fletcher from PS #nyj

Cimini also speculates this might have to do with Conner's lingering hamstring injury. I guess the Terminator will be back.

Signing J.White back made me feel a little better. He need to be on the roster.

Quote:
It's not about the money, it's about sending a message. - The Joker
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wish all of these guys who've "earned" roster spots actually outplayed their original depth chart positions...

Dallas, New York and Miami can find diamonds in the rough at WR...we can't. The Texans can find diamonds in the rought at RB...we can't. Our offense is just horrible.

Oh and give me Powell for the rest of the season with McKnight. If I have to see Shonn Green go for another 2 yard gain I'm throwing my TV out.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt45fool wrote:
I just wish all of these guys who've "earned" roster spots actually outplayed their original depth chart positions...

Dallas, New York and Miami can find diamonds in the rough at WR...we can't. The Texans can find diamonds in the rought at RB...we can't. Our offense is just horrible.

Oh and give me Powell for the rest of the season with McKnight. If I have to see Shonn Green go for another 2 yard gain I'm throwing my TV out.

Because we don't give many of them a real shot. We sign people and cut them without seeing what they really have. We cut just about half of our draft picks after 4 preseason games. No chance to develop or anything.

Quote:
It's not about the money, it's about sending a message. - The Joker
Karmaloop

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiel612 wrote:
Wasn't he cut?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karmaloop wrote:
Spiel612 wrote:
Wasn't he cut?

Look up. Just re-signed to the PS.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: