Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Offensive line run blocking
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nbaker1933

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
The amount of off stretch handoffs is nauseating.

Can we just line up Wiz and LG and run behind he and Veldheer like last year.

Agreed. Through the first two minutes I was tired of stretch runs. Thought I was watching a 10 year old play Madden. But it is what Houston does a lot so Im not surprise.

Stretch runs are money in madden.
Raidin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the steelers one
https://vimeo.com/50677569

Myers gets abused on a number of plays.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Raidin wrote:
Dessie wrote:
A lot of things looking ugly in that video including Owen Schmitts run blocking Shocked he whiffs a lot.

From quickly looking at the Steelers and Broncos game Brandon Myers does that a lot as well.

You're correct here. Myers is suppose to be a sound blocker, but he is missing blocks like crazy. He's been down right poor in that department.

You watch some of these guys, it looks like they are thinking way to much about their assignments. Myers really looks indecisive at times.

I hope we fix that. Makes me miss Zach & Boss' run blocking.

i like gordon and he actually played fb pretty good last year when given the chance. he is doing good in his st duties this year and even caught a td.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bye week they are implementing more of the following:

-1st and 10 - Stretch zone run left
-2nd and 13 - Stretch zone run right
-3rd and 12 - Play action zone right, crossing pattern for 5.

Punt. Rinse and repeat.

I mean seriously. It's so damn predictable. There is no ripple in this offense. Literally the same play variation 85% of the plays called.

Ugh..... Knapp. Why hire a guy who had to have his play calling duty stripped by Cable. Guy is just a stiff.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

Punt. Rinse and repeat.

I mean seriously. It's so damn predictable. There is no ripple in this offense. Literally the same play variation 85% of the plays called.

Ugh..... Knapp. Why hire a guy who had to have his play calling duty stripped by Cable. Guy is just a stiff.

knapp reminds me of saddam from that old south park movie talking bout "i can change, ive changed, give me another shot, Al's gone now i can really open up my playbook"

maybe knapp hates dmac.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
macklemore wrote:
SilverNBlackFan wrote:
Absolutely hate this scheme. Oline looks lost n confused. Dmac is not a cutback runner with great vision. Just terrible all around. Dennis allen f'd up big time choosing this clown.

To be fair the execution will get better with in time, very rarely does a team execute a new system with new players perfectly from day 1. Especially a system like the ZBS. Also I believe McFadden can be succesful but so can alot of cheaper backs.

It's not like Dennis Allen had a bunch of up and coming prospects to choose from. He was the last HC hired if im not mistaken leaving him with a dried up pool.

I would give Knapp another year, I am a fan of the ZBS.

But Tarver has this D playing like hot crap, He is just as bad as Bresnehan, we need a real DC next year.

Wrong. They need defensive talent. TALENT.

+1

Even a creative DC is going to have issues when he doesnt have a single pass rusher and his starting CBs are Pat Lee, and a guy who was a FS up until 2 weeks ago.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
maybe knapp hates dmac.

Or he is secretly working for an AFC West rival...

La_Vader wrote:
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdUbs14 wrote:
macklemore wrote:
SilverNBlackFan wrote:
Absolutely hate this scheme. Oline looks lost n confused. Dmac is not a cutback runner with great vision. Just terrible all around. Dennis allen f'd up big time choosing this clown.

To be fair the execution will get better with in time, very rarely does a team execute a new system with new players perfectly from day 1. Especially a system like the ZBS. Also I believe McFadden can be succesful but so can alot of cheaper backs.

It's not like Dennis Allen had a bunch of up and coming prospects to choose from. He was the last HC hired if im not mistaken leaving him with a dried up pool.

I would give Knapp another year, I am a fan of the ZBS.

But Tarver has this D playing like hot crap, He is just as bad as Bresnehan, we need a real DC next year.

We still had Saunders on the staff...

This will probably never make sense to me. Saunders was a well-established OC in this league. He led a very impessive offense in KC for a few years, he was familiar with our players, our staff, and the offense that most of our players had succeeded in the year prior. Did Allen think its easier for players to succeed in a zone scheme? With McFadden healthy we would hav ebeen a top-3 rushing team this year had we left the same basic offensive scheme in tact.

Pretty sure at one point Allen said he wanted to focus on running the ball- no suprise being a defensive coach. Funny how thats the part of our offense that has taken the biggest step backwards. For some reason Knapp has a reputation as being an OC who puts good running teams on the field. I dont think hes really ever done that, aside from maybe in ATL with Vick and Dunn. Knapp hasnt ever really been impressive as an OC, yet Saunders led some of the best offenses I've seen in the last decade. Just doesnt make sense.

La_Vader wrote:
Raidin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allen and Reggie probably felt it was easier to find running backs who could succeed in a ZBS. Once McFadden gets injured then replacing him is nearly impossible in a PBS.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
Here's the steelers one

Shame on you. No one must ever criticize Myers. He's our best player and cannot be replaced.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
Allen and Reggie probably felt it was easier to find running backs who could succeed in a ZBS. Once McFadden gets injured then replacing him is nearly impossible in a PBS.

DA wanted RB oriented offensive coordinator because he thought he could play small ball by shortening the game and limiting defense exposure. DA wanted ZBS because he always felt it was difficult to coach against.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Chali21

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Raidin wrote:
Here's the steelers one

Shame on you. No one must ever criticize Myers. He's our best player and cannot be replaced.

No you fool! That's Pryor!
bitty

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

Punt. Rinse and repeat.

You forgot the 3rd and 15 draw play
Dreadymatt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Oak wrote:
I've been looking at the game tapes and focusing on the OL the last few days. All that I'm seeing is an OL that is completely scrambled. There is no unity. All you see is our guys going backwards. They are simply being physically abused almost each & every play. The fact that Palmer is holding his own & McFadden gets passed the line of scrimmage is remarkable.

Poor execution by the players is one thing, but it's evident this staff has not employed this scheme in correctly. You have to fit what the players do, not what you want to do as a coach. At least that's how I see it.

Side note: How disappointing has Brisiel been? For a guy who was supposedly solid in the ZBS scheme in Houston to come here & arguably be the worst player on the OL is sad to see.

Maybe if we're going to run the ZBS we need to invest in the top ZBS OL coaches around?
holyghost

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreadymatt wrote:
Professor Oak wrote:
I've been looking at the game tapes and focusing on the OL the last few days. All that I'm seeing is an OL that is completely scrambled. There is no unity. All you see is our guys going backwards. They are simply being physically abused almost each & every play. The fact that Palmer is holding his own & McFadden gets passed the line of scrimmage is remarkable.

Poor execution by the players is one thing, but it's evident this staff has not employed this scheme in correctly. You have to fit what the players do, not what you want to do as a coach. At least that's how I see it.

Side note: How disappointing has Brisiel been? For a guy who was supposedly solid in the ZBS scheme in Houston to come here & arguably be the worst player on the OL is sad to see.

Maybe if we're going to run the ZBS we need to invest in the top ZBS OL coaches around?

Please consider that maybe those guys were just not available when Allen was made HC.
It takes time to build a staff and roster the way you want it in the NFL.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: