Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Coaches/GM's on the hotseat?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lionslicer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chan Gailey, his team sucks, though I don't know if you can put all the blame on him, but how do you let a 21-7 lead become a 52-28 loss.

And the collapse last season was just embarrassing.
GaTechRavens

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lionslicer wrote:
Chan Gailey, his team sucks, though I don't know if you can put all the blame on him, but how do you let a 21-7 lead become a 52-28 loss.

I swear every single Bills-Pats game has been like that in recent years.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:
lionslicer wrote:

I swear every single Bills-Pats game has been like that in recent years.

Definitely the last two have been, only this time in the Patriots favor. New England is 19-2 against them over the last 11 seasons...

49ersfan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Coaches/GM's on the hotseat? Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
-Marty Hurney. Cam Newton was a great pick but struggling to find talent elsewhere. Team overall just is not very deep.

-Tom Heckert/Mike Holmgren. They've upgraded their talent base but they still have a complete lack of offensive skill weapons. Defense is solid. Bottomline, Top 10 draft picks each year they've been in power, shaky HC choices with keeping Mangini/hiring Shurmur, and a 10-26 record since taking over lead at least one of these guy's jobs in jeopardy. New ownership has no tie to any of these guys.

Marty Hurney and Mike Holmgren have been fired (or "retired") since the last post here.

Everyone on my original list still looks on track to be let go at the end of the year. Including the HM's like the Bills, Eagles, and Chargers.

Bottom line, we could see a LOT of turnover this year. Some of them have been long overdue.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure why Mike Munchaks name is on the OP's list. Confused If he doesn't fire Jerry Gray at seasons end, then maybe but he's done a pretty good job considering the mess Fisher left.
Malik

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless Rex has 10 or more losses he's staying. The GM is definitely gone. He hasn't drafted a player of consequence since Mangini left. Yeah he drafted Vernon Gholston. I'm sure every team would take a year of Gholston to get a year with a Revis or Mangold.
49ersfan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Not sure why Mike Munchaks name is on the OP's list. Confused If he doesn't fire Jerry Gray at seasons end, then maybe but he's done a pretty good job considering the mess Fisher left.

At the time of the original post he was either 1-3 or 1-4.

Even now at 3-4...all 4 losses have come by a combined 96 points. The 3 wins have come by a combined 7 points. This is a very bad team and i can't see the HC not being held accountable.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
charles shelton wrote:
You're spot on about Gene Smith and his boy Mularkey. We are knee deep into this discusion on the Jags forum. There are a few loyalists still supporting Smith, but most of us have lost faith in him. If he goes, Mularkey & probably Gabbert go with him. I'd imagine a new GM would want to use what will likely be a very high draft pick to get a new QB. I mean really...how much worse would the Jags be with Tebow at qb? I'm a confirmed Tebow hater (as a QB), but I'd take him over Gabbert at this point and not even think twice about it.

-Charles

Mularkey has been your head coach for all of four games. Sounds like a bit of an overreaction.

Well, guess 6 games in, and he is still terrible.
Gene and Mike need to go, and Gene should have been gone during last offseason, but Shad decided to have someone with a little more Football IQ to get a Head Coach...turns out, that Football IQ'er was Gene Smith...and well...Even Gene said Gene hasn't brought any talent in.

#JDI
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zithers wrote:
rivera and hurney aren't anywhere near getting fired.
Laughing

That is all.

Sig bet
Huckaby

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the Dolphins spank the Jets next week and the Jets head into their Bye week at 3-5 with the new york media mocking the jets organization with no forgiveness for 2 weeks and locker room player and coach finger-pointing upheaval

Rex Ryan

Tannenbaum

Sparano

That total disaster in NY is about to implode in a million and a half pieces
Tugboat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
green24 wrote:
charles shelton wrote:
You're spot on about Gene Smith and his boy Mularkey. We are knee deep into this discusion on the Jags forum. There are a few loyalists still supporting Smith, but most of us have lost faith in him. If he goes, Mularkey & probably Gabbert go with him. I'd imagine a new GM would want to use what will likely be a very high draft pick to get a new QB. I mean really...how much worse would the Jags be with Tebow at qb? I'm a confirmed Tebow hater (as a QB), but I'd take him over Gabbert at this point and not even think twice about it.

-Charles

Mularkey has been your head coach for all of four games. Sounds like a bit of an overreaction.

Well, guess 6 games in, and he is still terrible.
Gene and Mike need to go, and Gene should have been gone during last offseason, but Shad decided to have someone with a little more Football IQ to get a Head Coach...turns out, that Football IQ'er was Gene Smith...and well...Even Gene said Gene hasn't brought any talent in.

Haha. Well that's twisting some words...

But essentially, it's getting awfully hard to see how Gene survives beyond this season. And if he goes, Mularkey goes too, new guy will bring in 'his guy' instead.

I do think that the more firings/retirings we see, the more certain Gene's firing becomes. Khan seems cautious, wading in slowly as an owner in a lot of respects, keeping Gene on for this season, etc. But i think the performance of the team combined with seeing other more 'experienced' owners sending GMs packing, makes it even more likely that Gene will be finished in Jacksonville.
green24

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huckaby wrote:
After the Dolphins spank the Jets next week and the Jets head into their Bye week at 3-5 with the new york media mocking the jets organization with no forgiveness for 2 weeks and locker room player and coach finger-pointing upheaval

Rex Ryan

Tannenbaum

Sparano

That total disaster in NY is about to implode in a million and a half pieces

No homerism was involved in the post above.

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
mco65

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

superfly3176 wrote:
Jason Garrett

Jerry Jones, too bad nobody can fire this idiot.

I don't think Garrett is on the hot seat this year... I think Jones is going to be very patient with him and this team. Of course all bets are off if they go in a tail spin and lose 8 or 9 games in a row and look bad doing so...but I don't see that happening..

If the Cowboys slip or don't improve each year then things will start to heat up but that wont come into play until after next season.. or the season after that..

I don't Like Jerry the GM but I do like him as an owner... If he is an idiot, we should all be so lucky to be that idiotic! Wink
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

At the time of the original post he was either 1-3 or 1-4.

Even now at 3-4...all 4 losses have come by a combined 96 points. The 3 wins have come by a combined 7 points. This is a very bad team and i can't see the HC not being held accountable.

That's the DC's job. It's not a bad team. Just average. The team was slammed with injuries to start off and had the toughest schedule through the 1st 6 weeks of any team. Not Munchak's fault. Like I said, if he doesn't fire the DC at the end of the year, then yea he deserves to be on the hot seat but until then, he's done a good job. He can't control injuries or the schedule.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: