Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

hightower and chandler - eval thus far?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kethnaab

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: hightower and chandler - eval thus far? Reply with quote

Was irate (tho not surprised) when the Pats took Hightower. Huge fan. Not so much Chandler Jones, tho he seems to be going well

What is the general consensus in Pats land on those 2 thus far?
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
nextsuperstar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chandler Jones has been the best defensive rookie in the league this year, thus far. Though the Eagles also have gotten fine performances from two of their rookies.

Donta Hightower has been a solid starter

Last edited by nextsuperstar on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
rabbisson

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both have impressed.

Jones looks like he's going to be a solid contributor as a rookie and should develop even more as a sophomore. He has awesome length and extremely active hands. Thus far this year he has three sacks, two forced fumbles, 10 QB hurries and has been dynamite against the run. Really good performances.

Before getting injured last week, Hightower was impressing as well. He has a sack, four hurries, and 12 stops on the year. He's quite good at shooting gaps up the middle on blitzes as well - I hope we see more of that from him.

The Patriots have to be happy with their rookies thus far this year: five of them (Jones, Hightower, Tavon Wilson, Ebner, and Bolden) have stepped in as immediate contributors. That's not bad.

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.

Last edited by rabbisson on Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were Belichick, I'd have challenged the call on Hightower's sack. Looked to me like the ball was coming out before Fitzpatrick hit the deck.

BlaqOptic wrote:
Richter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jones has 3 sacks, not 2.
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
Jones has 3 sacks, not 2.
And 2 FFs, not 3.

BlaqOptic wrote:
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:
Jones looks like he's going to be a solid contributor as a rookie and should develop even more as a sophomore. He has awesome length and extremely active hands. Thus far this year he has two sacks, three forced fumbles, 10 QB hurries and has been dynamite against the run. Really good performances.

Its funny. I don't watch or know a thing about UFC, but watching Jones use his arms, its unsurprising his brother is a MMA champion. The violence/punch/length combo is awesome.

Hightower hasn't been as good. The package of skills is there - he moves better than expected by this fan, and has shown an excess of ability to blow people up. He's playing tentatively though, and hasn't been making good reads in the run game. It looks like the pro game hasn't slowed down for him to the point that he can play with the authority he did in college.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chandler Jones reminds me of Bane; just this beastly, terrifying, unstoppable force.

SCARY.
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
Babylon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Chandler Jones reminds me of Bane; just this beastly, terrifying, unstoppable force.

Unless you're a Bills or Ravens olineman apparently.

They've both played very well out of the gate, though Chandler disappeared for much of the Ravens game (plenty of Oher holding aside), as well as allowing Fitzpatrick a very clean pocket from which to launch interceptions.

Hightower as well hasn't played particularly well the last two games, making plenty of mistakes against the Ravens and bouncing from the game due to an injury early against the Bills.

Not to say they both haven't impressed, they've just cooled off from 2 of the top 5 candidates for DROTY thus far to just Chandler deserving that recognition and rejoining the pack.

Just hope they rotate more so they don't run out of gas come December as rookies are want to.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jones's impact would of been much bigger of the refs called all those holding penalty's he forces.
Tom Brady Tribute
_Oypus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Babylon wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:

Ravens olineman

Ahem. Holding.
tonyto3690

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Babylon wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:

Unless you're a Bills or Ravens olineman apparently.

They've both played very well out of the gate, though Chandler disappeared for much of the Ravens game (plenty of Oher holding aside), as well as allowing Fitzpatrick a very clean pocket from which to launch interceptions.

Hightower as well hasn't played particularly well the last two games, making plenty of mistakes against the Ravens and bouncing from the game due to an injury early against the Bills.

Not to say they both haven't impressed, they've just cooled off from 2 of the top 5 candidates for DROTY thus far to just Chandler deserving that recognition and rejoining the pack.

Just hope they rotate more so they don't run out of gas come December as rookies are want to.

Hightower disappeared against the Ravens and the LBs as a whole were a massive disappointment that game.

That being said, what are you watching in regards to Chandler? Chandler dominated Oher the entire game. He just didn't get any calls, so Oher just kept doing the smart thing and holding the crap out of him.

Fitzpatrick's first interception to McCourty was directly the result of Chandler bearing down on him for a safety. He threw it off his back foot in an attempt to just get it off and as a result it was underthrown and McCourty snatched it up.

Chandler wasn't quite as dominant as against the Saints preseason or week 1 against the Titans, but he had a very good game against the Bills.

Anyways, Hightower has been good, not great. Chandler has been phenomenal and FAR exceeds expectations I personally had.

Drew Brees IS the most accurate qb ever

Brees that night:
28/50, 341 yards, 0 TD, 5 INT.
Richter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to fault Jones for his performance against the Ravens when Michael Oher was allowed to do everything short of taking a gun out onto the field and using it. That guy is a holding machine. Bet he'd offer a mean rear naked choke in MMA, though.
kethnaab

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

_Oypus wrote:
Babylon wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:

Ravens olineman

Ahem. Holding.

Uh yeah. You're telling me? Oher gets a free pass on false starting as well as holding apparently

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: