Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gameday Thread: Rams vs. Cardinals
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Week 4 Player of the Week?
Greg Zuerlein: 4/4 FG, Long- 60
75%
 75%  [ 21 ]
Umm...the placeholder?
25%
 25%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 28

jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
S-jax39 wrote:
Imo if we want Bradford to be better we need to get him weapons. The Elite QBs in this league have weapons. Theres no getting around it.
Do you suggest a trade? Rams have plenty of ammo.

1st or 2nd for Mike Wallace please.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Brodie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone going to give a write up on the game? Didnt get to see it and only have the stats to go by

Adopt-A-Ram

Alec Ogeltree 109 combinded tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 FF, 10 stuffs, 9 PD, 1 Int 1td.
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how many "bad throws" did Bradford have? I hate when people just look at the stats and Say sam is terrible. 7/21 could of easily been a lot better than that.
lilant2398

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pure Domination
California Ram

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
how many "bad throws" did Bradford have? I hate when people just look at the stats and Say sam is terrible. 7/21 could of easily been a lot better than that.

Exactly ! How many drops did Givens hav alone b4 that TD Catch?? Sammy Boy was on point , did he hav a couple of throws that weren't on the money , sure ! But for the better part of the game he Deilerved ! I'm proud of Bradford's Play ! Damn Proud ...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me and my buddy scalped some tickets outside the game and boy let me tell you, it was possibly the best $35 I've ever spent. UNBELIEVABLE TIME AND GAME! The dome was rocking and the D was LAYING THE WOOD on mangina Kolb and the Cards O. I LOVE THIS DEFENSE, love the way they play.

The combo of Quinn and Long is so damn exciting and it's only going to get better. How many holds did they NOT call on Long? Dude is a straight animal.

Bradford definitly didn't have a strong game, but dear lord, the WRs weren't getting open and they dropped way to many balls that just have to be caught in this league. Losing Amendola is going to be tough. I'm hoping one of the other guys steps up big. And Givens? That speed is straight silly good. Oh and I picked him up in fantasy this week? Just call me Les Snead.

Ok i could go on and on forever cause i'm to jacked right now and somehow i gotta go to bed now cause i have class at 9?

RAMS ARE LOOKING GOOD BABY!!!!

El Ramster on this beaut!
chris00cm

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:

From what I remember:
-One bad throw to Pettis, which could have been a TD.
-Two throws were in Amendola's hands. Tough catches, but the throws were on the money.
-Another throw to Amendola that was neither players fault. Miscommunication.
-One throw was to the wrong shoulder of Lance Kendricks. Still catchable though.
-One tipped pass by Calais Campbell.
-One interception by Patrick Peterson.
-Givens slipped at the top of a curl route on one.
-Deep ball to Givens that wasn't even close. Givens quit on the route.

That's all I can remember off the top of my head. Missing 5 incompletions. Two bad throws from my memory.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
Ramsfan28

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greatest one-liner ever:

jrry32 wrote:
ArodFanboy wrote:
I'm just going to come right out and say it. That game sucked, and sucked at a high level almost the entire way through.

On the bright side, it allowed you to see what a defense is. As a packer fan, I would think you might find that fascinating. Laughing

I wish I could shove this in my sig!

Anyway, I really wish I could have watched tonight...unfortunately I had to cook for 2 parties plus all 3 of my bosses came in at some point tonight. On the plus side, my fridge is now stocked with $300 worth of wine Very Happy

Honestly, I'm just incredibly happy that the Rams are 3-2. I honestly didn't expect them to pull this one off, but for the first time in a long time I really had faith in this team's capabilities and really talked a lot of game. Oh, and I started the Rams D in my fantasy league (19 POINTS!!!!)

I find it ironic, because anyone that really evaluated the team when they moved out here would know that the team was actually supposed to take on an identity very similar to the one it has right now: tough defense, ground and pound offense.

However, the latter brings me to my next point...WE NEED A DIFFERENCE MAKER ON OFFENSE!!!

The difference makers are there on defense. However, there just needs to be one difference maker on offense. SJax hasn't been it, and even though I see all this talk about D-Rich, look through the stats...his YPC hasn't been higher than Jackson's at one point this season. The best WR on the team just went down (who was the potential difference maker), Gibson shows up in spurts, Kendricks shows up in even more minute Spurts, Steve Smith hasn't shown up, Pettis is on the breach waiting to show up but hasn't yet, Quick is on the bench just waiting for his time to shine, and Givens finally struck this season (but how often can we really rely on his game if Bradford truly hasn't established himself in the deep game?)

Also, O-line doesn't get any blame this week. Actually the last 2 weeks they seemed to have played great. Bradford only throwing for 141 yards isn't their fault. By the way, I actually made a post in NFL Gen describing what type of QB I see him being for the next few years, and it was pretty much the same QB we all saw today (only with 80 more yards per game on average), but overall I was right. So far he hasn't been the QB to win games, but not the one to lose them either. He's not the Peyton Manning archetype that people were expecting. I'm not saying it's never going to happen, I 'm just saying that we shouldn't get impatient with the fact that he's not the stat-boss we were expecting, and we shouldn't put up with the guff from fans of other teams who were expecting him to be a boss as well. Also, it's not necessarily Bradford's fault at this point either. The pieces in this offense have not established themselves, and there is nothing he can do about that.

Adopt-a-Ram
CB Janoris Jenkins
9 TKL, 1 FF

ViolentMonk71 wrote:

We're football fans...reactionary, delusional, and passionate...
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank ya, thank ya, I'll be here all season...and next too...and the one after that...

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
iRaMs

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Thank ya, thank ya, I'll be here all season...and next too...and the one after that...

Where can I buy tickets to the jrry show?

StLunatic88

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
Im not sure how many actual "Bad Throws" there were. Only a few that I can remember.

Givens had 2 easy drops, he is great for the deep ball, needs to work on the rest. Danny had 2 drops also, both more difficult catches, but he should have made them. Kendricks had a really bad drop. There are 5 blatant drops right there where Sam should have gotten atleast 5 more completions and about 80 more yards. (12/21 for 220 wouldnt have been bad at all with our game plan) There were some more questionable plays that could have/should have been caught (another Givens deep ball, miscommunication with Amendola) and we still cant run a screen to save our lives. We tried 2 of them to D-Rich and neither one of those were close. So of his 14 incompletions, thats now atleast 7 that Sam couldnt do much about with another questionable few.

I know it sounds like Im being an apologist for Sam, but there were things I didnt like. You cant let D-lineman bat down passes, I know it was just one, but he has had problems in the past. That miss throw to Pettis could have been a huge play. And while the INT wasnt terrible and I liked the idea, he needs to know he has a rookie still getting his feet wet up against Patrick Peterson. Tossing up a jump ball in the back of the endzone to your Tall WR is a great idea, against just about anyone else who cant make that crazy play. Just tuck it for the Sack and take the points there.

Overall it was a better than OK game for Sam. He looked good moving in the pocket, he was making the right reads mostly, it was just the connection on the other end that is killing him right now.
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another big win for this team, the EJD is starting to become a worrisome place for opponents to play in again...

IDOG_det on the sig...
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was there a better image for last nights game than seeing the Trainer checking the Jaw of Kolb with a bloody Lip? We were harassing him, got a few questionable flags, and they wouldnt call Holding on their OTs all night long.

What is going to happen when we play a team without a mobile QB?
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As good as Hunter has played, I hope Saffold comes back soon. Getting him and Wells back will be a big boost for the team.

Smith saw some time at LG yesterday also.
bluesfreak74

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRamsFan99 wrote:
As good as Hunter has played, I hope Saffold comes back soon. Getting him and Wells back will be a big boost for the team.

Smith saw some time at LG yesterday also.

Hunter the last two games combined: no sacks, one hit, and three hurries.

Going up against two pretty damn good Dlines.

Ramster, do you have a replay of the game? I forgot to DVR the game and would like to see how Bradford looked again a day later.

El Ramster on this beaut!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: