Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Draft Thread - 1st page Updated with current roster.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 56, 57, 58  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 25121
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so we are all in favor of banning WH for having us draft an FSU QB, yes?
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CowboysTilIDie


Joined: 09 Jan 2012
Posts: 3716
Location: Amarillo, TX
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Okay, so we are all in favor of banning WH for having us draft an FSU QB, yes?


Aye.
_________________

Thanks for the sig LORK!

Official Supporter of "The Process."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GeneralDissaray


Joined: 07 Apr 2006
Posts: 5506
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
If we were to trade down with the Dolphins for both their 2nds and their 4th

2nd - Sylvester Williams DT N.Carolina
2nd - Tank Carradine, DE, Florida State
2nd - Kyle Long, OG, Oregon
3rd - Giovani Bernard, RB, UNC
4th - Chris Faulk, OT, LSU
4th - Josh Evans, S, Florida
5th -Gerald Hodges, OLB, Penn State
6th - Mychal Rivera, TE, Tennessee

Although, I believe we take a WR. Don't know why I believe that - gut feeling.


I like it sorta....using same scenerio

[2] - Kwann Short, DT, Purdue
[2] - EJ Manuel, QB, FSU
[2] - Larry Warford, OG, Kentucky
[3] - Barrett Jones, OL, Alabama
[4] - TJ McDonald, FS, USC
[4] - Devin Taylor, DE, South Carolina
[5] - Corey Fuller, WR, VaTeach
[6] - Sean Porter, OLB, Texas A&M


When did Porter become a 6th round prospect?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MaddHatter


Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Posts: 45386
Location: ROH Class of 14
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.18 - Jarvis Jones (OLB) Georgia
After a poor pro-day, he falls on Draft Day and the Cowboys gladly scoop him up. He immediately starts at 4-3 OLB and provides a Von Miller type impact to our defense.

2.47 - Larry Warford III (G) Kentucky
An impact player from day one, the drop from Warmack to Warford is small and he starts immediately at Right Guard where he's most comfortable. He also provides us interior depth at Center.

3.80 - Phillip Thomas (S) Fresno State
A versatile safety who can play man or zone, strong or free - I love his potential impact and ability to come in and start day 1 or backup Church and Johnson who both have serious injury concerns.

4.115 - Brennan Williams (OT) North Carolina

5.151 - Kwame Geathers (DT) Georgia

6.189 - Micah Hyde (CB) Iowa
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WizardHawk


Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 10501
Location: Hawkeye State
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
If we were to trade down with the Dolphins for both their 2nds and their 4th

2nd - Sylvester Williams DT N.Carolina
2nd - Tank Carradine, DE, Florida State
2nd - Kyle Long, OG, Oregon
3rd - Giovani Bernard, RB, UNC
4th - Chris Faulk, OT, LSU
4th - Josh Evans, S, Florida
5th -Gerald Hodges, OLB, Penn State
6th - Mychal Rivera, TE, Tennessee

Although, I believe we take a WR. Don't know why I believe that - gut feeling.


I like it sorta....using same scenerio

[2] - Kwann Short, DT, Purdue
[2] - EJ Manuel, QB, FSU
[2] - Larry Warford, OG, Kentucky
[3] - Barrett Jones, OL, Alabama
[4] - TJ McDonald, FS, USC
[4] - Devin Taylor, DE, South Carolina
[5] - Corey Fuller, WR, VaTeach
[6] - Sean Porter, OLB, Texas A&M


When did Porter become a 6th round prospect?


Meh, probably a bit of a stretch, but only plays around 230, doesn't shed blocks well and runs in the 4.65-4.75 neighborhood. Those numbers don't exactly bode well for him, despite his production.
_________________

Ace5 wrote:
OH GOD ITS ALL OVER THE WALLS.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 20857
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
1.18 - Jarvis Jones (OLB) Georgia
After a poor pro-day, he falls on Draft Day and the Cowboys gladly scoop him up. He immediately starts at 4-3 OLB and provides a Von Miller type impact to our defense.

2.47 - Larry Warford III (G) Kentucky
An impact player from day one, the drop from Warmack to Warford is small and he starts immediately at Right Guard where he's most comfortable. He also provides us interior depth at Center.

3.80 - Phillip Thomas (S) Fresno State
A versatile safety who can play man or zone, strong or free - I love his potential impact and ability to come in and start day 1 or backup Church and Johnson who both have serious injury concerns.

4.115 - Brennan Williams (OT) North Carolina

5.151 - Kwame Geathers (DT) Georgia

6.189 - Micah Hyde (CB) Iowa


That would be an OUTSTANDING draft, MH. In my opinion, Jarvis Jones - bad pro day or not - is the best player in the draft, so getting him at 18 would be a coup. He's the perfect embodiment of the 4-3 "Elephant" OLB.

Warford is a stud, Phillip Thomas is the most underrated Safety in the entire draft class, and both Williams and Geathers have the ability to develop into long-term starters. Plus, Williams was recruited and coached by Butch Davis, so you know that I'm on board with selecting him.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MaddHatter


Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Posts: 45386
Location: ROH Class of 14
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
1.18 - Jarvis Jones (OLB) Georgia
After a poor pro-day, he falls on Draft Day and the Cowboys gladly scoop him up. He immediately starts at 4-3 OLB and provides a Von Miller type impact to our defense.

2.47 - Larry Warford III (G) Kentucky
An impact player from day one, the drop from Warmack to Warford is small and he starts immediately at Right Guard where he's most comfortable. He also provides us interior depth at Center.

3.80 - Phillip Thomas (S) Fresno State
A versatile safety who can play man or zone, strong or free - I love his potential impact and ability to come in and start day 1 or backup Church and Johnson who both have serious injury concerns.

4.115 - Brennan Williams (OT) North Carolina

5.151 - Kwame Geathers (DT) Georgia

6.189 - Micah Hyde (CB) Iowa


That would be an OUTSTANDING draft, MH. In my opinion, Jarvis Jones - bad pro day or not - is the best player in the draft, so getting him at 18 would be a coup. He's the perfect embodiment of the 4-3 "Elephant" OLB.

Warford is a stud, Phillip Thomas is the most underrated Safety in the entire draft class, and both Williams and Geathers have the ability to develop into long-term starters. Plus, Williams was recruited and coached by Butch Davis, so you know that I'm on board with selecting him.


Potential lineup:

Romo
Murray
Dez
Austin
Witten
Smith
Livings
Costa
Warrford
Williams/Parnell

Spencer
Hatcher
Ratliff
Ware
Jones
Lee
Carter
Carr
Church
Thomas
Claiborne
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
flyingmonkey30


Moderator
Joined: 04 Mar 2007
Posts: 6680
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
1.18 - Jarvis Jones (OLB) Georgia
After a poor pro-day, he falls on Draft Day and the Cowboys gladly scoop him up. He immediately starts at 4-3 OLB and provides a Von Miller type impact to our defense.

2.47 - Larry Warford III (G) Kentucky
An impact player from day one, the drop from Warmack to Warford is small and he starts immediately at Right Guard where he's most comfortable. He also provides us interior depth at Center.

3.80 - Phillip Thomas (S) Fresno State
A versatile safety who can play man or zone, strong or free - I love his potential impact and ability to come in and start day 1 or backup Church and Johnson who both have serious injury concerns.

4.115 - Brennan Williams (OT) North Carolina

5.151 - Kwame Geathers (DT) Georgia

6.189 - Micah Hyde (CB) Iowa


That would be an OUTSTANDING draft, MH. In my opinion, Jarvis Jones - bad pro day or not - is the best player in the draft, so getting him at 18 would be a coup. He's the perfect embodiment of the 4-3 "Elephant" OLB.

Warford is a stud, Phillip Thomas is the most underrated Safety in the entire draft class, and both Williams and Geathers have the ability to develop into long-term starters. Plus, Williams was recruited and coached by Butch Davis, so you know that I'm on board with selecting him.


Just out of curiosity, why do you love players coached by Butch Davis? I don't know if I have ever heard the reason
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WizardHawk


Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 10501
Location: Hawkeye State
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
1.18 - Jarvis Jones (OLB) Georgia
After a poor pro-day, he falls on Draft Day and the Cowboys gladly scoop him up. He immediately starts at 4-3 OLB and provides a Von Miller type impact to our defense.

2.47 - Larry Warford III (G) Kentucky
An impact player from day one, the drop from Warmack to Warford is small and he starts immediately at Right Guard where he's most comfortable. He also provides us interior depth at Center.

3.80 - Phillip Thomas (S) Fresno State
A versatile safety who can play man or zone, strong or free - I love his potential impact and ability to come in and start day 1 or backup Church and Johnson who both have serious injury concerns.

4.115 - Brennan Williams (OT) North Carolina

5.151 - Kwame Geathers (DT) Georgia

6.189 - Micah Hyde (CB) Iowa


That would be an OUTSTANDING draft, MH. In my opinion, Jarvis Jones - bad pro day or not - is the best player in the draft, so getting him at 18 would be a coup. He's the perfect embodiment of the 4-3 "Elephant" OLB.

Warford is a stud, Phillip Thomas is the most underrated Safety in the entire draft class, and both Williams and Geathers have the ability to develop into long-term starters. Plus, Williams was recruited and coached by Butch Davis, so you know that I'm on board with selecting him.


Just out of curiosity, why do you love players coached by Butch Davis? I don't know if I have ever heard the reason


Not speaking for Plan or attempting to steal his thunder, but since I'm here, I'll throw out my opinion on why. The man has a great eye for talent. I couldn't give an accurate number of guys he has recruited at the college level who have had outstanding NFL careers.
_________________

Ace5 wrote:
OH GOD ITS ALL OVER THE WALLS.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 20857
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
1.18 - Jarvis Jones (OLB) Georgia
After a poor pro-day, he falls on Draft Day and the Cowboys gladly scoop him up. He immediately starts at 4-3 OLB and provides a Von Miller type impact to our defense.

2.47 - Larry Warford III (G) Kentucky
An impact player from day one, the drop from Warmack to Warford is small and he starts immediately at Right Guard where he's most comfortable. He also provides us interior depth at Center.

3.80 - Phillip Thomas (S) Fresno State
A versatile safety who can play man or zone, strong or free - I love his potential impact and ability to come in and start day 1 or backup Church and Johnson who both have serious injury concerns.

4.115 - Brennan Williams (OT) North Carolina

5.151 - Kwame Geathers (DT) Georgia

6.189 - Micah Hyde (CB) Iowa


That would be an OUTSTANDING draft, MH. In my opinion, Jarvis Jones - bad pro day or not - is the best player in the draft, so getting him at 18 would be a coup. He's the perfect embodiment of the 4-3 "Elephant" OLB.

Warford is a stud, Phillip Thomas is the most underrated Safety in the entire draft class, and both Williams and Geathers have the ability to develop into long-term starters. Plus, Williams was recruited and coached by Butch Davis, so you know that I'm on board with selecting him.


Just out of curiosity, why do you love players coached by Butch Davis? I don't know if I have ever heard the reason


Not speaking for Plan or attempting to steal his thunder, but since I'm here, I'll throw out my opinion on why. The man has a great eye for talent. I couldn't give an accurate number of guys he has recruited at the college level who have had outstanding NFL careers.


Pretty much this. Butch Davis has one of the best eyes for high school talent and a unique ability to develop them into very productive pros. I'd be hard pressed to find a guy who is able to do as much with a prospect as he does. Nick Saban does quite a bit, but I'd argue that Butch Davis does more.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CowboysTilIDie


Joined: 09 Jan 2012
Posts: 3716
Location: Amarillo, TX
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else come across this draft simulator game? It's really cool. You are the GM and you pick for your team. You can even make trades. It's not always very realistic and some of their player grades are very questionable, but hey, the draft itself is always unpredictable anyways.

http://www.first-pick.com/

Here is one that I came away with after trading down a couple of times:

Quote:
Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 1 (JAX): Jonathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina (A)
Round 2 Pick 14 (STL): Markus Wheaton, WR, Oregon State (C)
Round 2 Pick 15: Cornellius Carradine, DE, Florida State (B-)
Round 3 Pick 2 (JAX): Dallas Thomas, OT, Tennessee (C)
Round 3 Pick 16 (STL): Bennie Logan, DT, LSU (B)
Round 3 Pick 18: D.J. Swearinger, FS, South Carolina (C+)
Round 4 Pick 17: Mike Gillislee, RB, Florida (A)
Round 5 Pick 18: Mychal Rivera, TE, Tennessee (B-)
Round 6 Pick 17: Gerald Hodges, OLB, Penn State (B-)


Try it out and post it!
_________________

Thanks for the sig LORK!

Official Supporter of "The Process."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 25121
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notice you only got two A grades. One happens to be a Gator. Cool
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
flyingmonkey30


Moderator
Joined: 04 Mar 2007
Posts: 6680
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did a lot of trading in mine Laughing

Here is what I ended up with...

Round 1 Pick 26 (G.B.): Jonathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina (A)
Round 2 Pick 15: Jonathan Cyprien, SS, Florida International (A)
Round 2 Pick 23 (G.B.): D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama (B)
Round 3 Pick 26 (G.B.): Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina (A)
Round 3 Pick 28 (DEN): Lavar Edwards, DE, LSU (C-)
Round 4 Pick 17: Brian Schwenke, C, California (A)
Round 4 Pick 27 (HOU): Da'Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech (B+)
Round 4 Pick 30 (ATL): Zac Dysert, QB, Miami (Ohio) (B+)
Round 5 Pick 18: Gerald Hodges, OLB, Penn State (C-)
Round 5 Pick 27 (HOU): John Boyett, FS, Oregon (C)
Round 6 Pick 17: Dennis Johnson, RB, Arkansas (E)
Round 6 Pick 30 (ATL): Chris Gragg, TE, Arkansas (A)

Not bad I think, but I wasn't paying too much attention so I might have forgotten something important.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CowboysTilIDie


Joined: 09 Jan 2012
Posts: 3716
Location: Amarillo, TX
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Notice you only got two A grades. One happens to be a Gator. Cool


They don't know a good draft when they see one Very Happy
_________________

Thanks for the sig LORK!

Official Supporter of "The Process."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nextyearfordaboyz


Joined: 11 Jan 2005
Posts: 17328
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
1.18 - Jarvis Jones (OLB) Georgia
After a poor pro-day, he falls on Draft Day and the Cowboys gladly scoop him up. He immediately starts at 4-3 OLB and provides a Von Miller type impact to our defense.

2.47 - Larry Warford III (G) Kentucky
An impact player from day one, the drop from Warmack to Warford is small and he starts immediately at Right Guard where he's most comfortable. He also provides us interior depth at Center.

3.80 - Phillip Thomas (S) Fresno State
A versatile safety who can play man or zone, strong or free - I love his potential impact and ability to come in and start day 1 or backup Church and Johnson who both have serious injury concerns.

4.115 - Brennan Williams (OT) North Carolina

5.151 - Kwame Geathers (DT) Georgia

6.189 - Micah Hyde (CB) Iowa


That would be an OUTSTANDING draft, MH. In my opinion, Jarvis Jones - bad pro day or not - is the best player in the draft, so getting him at 18 would be a coup. He's the perfect embodiment of the 4-3 "Elephant" OLB.

Warford is a stud, Phillip Thomas is the most underrated Safety in the entire draft class, and both Williams and Geathers have the ability to develop into long-term starters. Plus, Williams was recruited and coached by Butch Davis, so you know that I'm on board with selecting him.


I am very curious to know what the Cowboys are thinking about the pass rushers in this draft. We know they like the guards, DTs, and Vaccaro. We've even heard they have some interest in Tavon Austin.

But Ansah, Jarvis Jones, Carradine, Werner... Not much of a peep, even though they could all potentially be the value pick there at #18. I would love to get some info from Valley Ranch about where we stand with guys like this.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 57 of 58

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group