Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Draft Thread - 1st page Updated with current roster.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57, 58  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
buckwild wrote:
bigtec8700 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Welcome to the board bigtec

Thanks! For the record tho I see Jonathan cooper and warmack sliding come draft day due to barkley and geno going to bills and Arizona. Also I can't see the titans picking and guard over the top dtackles left a taking Richardson or lotulelei over the two guards.

Their is no way in hell that Smith and Barkley both go in the Top 10, and I would be shocked if a QB was taken in the Top 15. If the Cowboys go to ZBS they want no part of Warmack, and Cooper is their target. IMHO, I feel that they are going DL in the 1st unless they fall in love with Kenny Vaccaro.

Warmack is more of a mauler and with the ZBS you want lighter OL who are quicker. With the ability to get to the 2nd level, and if they do go to the ZBS look for the Cowboys to look at a RB who has worked in the ZBS.

I think your scouting of Warmack is off - he has gotten rave reviews from scouts after his pro day that offset the PERCEPTION that he's not fluid and mobile.

And I think you'll be surprised by the QB draft this year. I think a team trades up for Geno, and a run is sparked with Buffalo and Arizona desperately in need of a starting QB and several others who would see several guys as an upgrade to their current starter even in such a weak class. I think atleast 2 go Top 10.

I just see Warmack as Leonard Davis 2.0, but Warmack isn't trying to deceive everyone into thinking he can also play OT to increase his draft stock.

ZBS OL are not maulers, but rely on quickness to open lanes for RB. Don't scout, but just rely on my gut feeling about players. I have seen enough drafts to project a players future, and everything is telling me that Warmack will be pushing 350 by the end of his rookie contract. JMO

I'll be pretty shocked if he is 350. He weighed in at 317 at the combine. But I agree, he isn't a ZBS kind of guy. He is better in space than he gets credit for, but he is no Cooper in that regard. However, I don't even know exactly what kind of blocking scheme we run here. I think we have the ability to go either way to be honest. So I will be happy with Warmack, Cooper, or even Warford should he fall in the 2nd.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="buckwild"]
MaddHatter wrote:
buckwild wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
buckwild wrote:
bigtec8700 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Welcome to the board bigtec

Thanks! For the record tho I see Jonathan cooper and warmack sliding come draft day due to barkley and geno going to bills and Arizona. Also I can't see the titans picking and guard over the top dtackles left a taking Richardson or lotulelei over the two guards.

Their is no way in hell that Smith and Barkley both go in the Top 10, and I would be shocked if a QB was taken in the Top 15. If the Cowboys go to ZBS they want no part of Warmack, and Cooper is their target. IMHO, I feel that they are going DL in the 1st unless they fall in love with Kenny Vaccaro.

Warmack is more of a mauler and with the ZBS you want lighter OL who are quicker. With the ability to get to the 2nd level, and if they do go to the ZBS look for the Cowboys to look at a RB who has worked in the ZBS.

I think your scouting of Warmack is off - he has gotten rave reviews from scouts after his pro day that offset the PERCEPTION that he's not fluid and mobile.

And I think you'll be surprised by the QB draft this year. I think a team trades up for Geno, and a run is sparked with Buffalo and Arizona desperately in need of a starting QB and several others who would see several guys as an upgrade to their current starter even in such a weak class. I think atleast 2 go Top 10.

I just see Warmack as Leonard Davis 2.0, but Warmack isn't trying to deceive everyone into thinking he can also play OT to increase his draft stock.

ZBS OL are not maulers, but rely on quickness to open lanes for RB. Don't scout, but just rely on my gut feeling about players. I have seen enough drafts to project a players future, and everything is telling me that Warmack will be pushing 350 by the end of his rookie contract. JMO

So you've seen more drafts than the actual scouts who are paid to go out and scout players to help their franchise make the right decision? I'll trust the pro's over your gut but to each their own

I have watched every draft since 1986, and I'm not on here to meet your high expectations. I was just stating my opinion, and that's what I thought this forum was made for. Or I guess some people use it as an ego boost to make themselves seem bigger than they actually are in the real world.[/quote

Warmack or cooper at 18 wouldn't be bad value either way for us, covers a need and out of the best 17 players for the cowboys to be likely available if tht doesn't happen. The cowboys 18th.pick might be a good tradeup for a team wanting geno or barkly. Then the cowboys could target, fluker, elam, Reid, sylvester, or carradine etc. The options are quite unlimited in the way this draft is so rich in dbs and linemen
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Warmack osnt a ZBS fit but Fluker is?

Sig courtesy of mack.
bigtec8700

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:

Fluker in my eyes can be a guard or a rt in the nfl and if we trade dwn and decided to take him I wouldn't be upset.
buckwild

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:

Nope! Lane Johnson is the best ZBS OT prospect that the Cowboys have a shot at in the 1st round.

So have the Cowboys decided that they are going to the ZBS?

Because if they come out and say they are going to the ZBS. Then don't expect them to pick OL in the 1st 2 rounds as many ZBS OL can be found later in the draft since they usually lack the size many NFL teams want from OL.

Who said Fluker was a fit in the ZBS?

Look at the Texans OL and the only guy drafted in the first 3 rounds is at LT. Most of the other guys were taken in the 4th or later.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
ninjaneer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using current CBS Sports rankings (3/17/13)

18. Jonathan Cooper OG N.Carolina (14)
47. Sylvester Williams DT N.Carolina (4Cool
80. Bacarri Rambo FS Georgia (90)
114. Sean Porter OLB Texas A&M (114)
151. Brennan Williams OT North Carolina (160)
185. Knile Davis RB Arkansas (261)
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjaneer wrote:

I can live with that

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
ninjaneer wrote:

I can live with that

Me too or Sheldon Williams at 18, which I think the cowboys would like. Alot of our guys we want will fall due to Geno and Matt barkley being chosen in the top ten. I really due see Arizona and Buffalo grabbing them. I pick dt over guard bc there are a lot more guard center and ot in this draft but isn't deep for that warren sapp type of player. People would argue tht ratliff is already in tht role. But due to his decline and off the field issues he is good as gone before next season, barring he can't play to the level of past.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjaneer wrote:

47. Sylvester Williams DT N.Carolina (48 )

I think ht's head would explode if we drafted Knile Davis and his exploding everything. If you think Murray is fragile, Davis can't walk and chew gum at the same time without hurting himself.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated Mock 3-20:

Geno Smith is still on the board at #18. Unless Jacksonville, Philly, or Buffalo move down, I do not think they will take a qb with their current first round picks. Buffalo pulls another J.P. Losman, and gives up a future first to move up. Dallas receives 2013 2.9 and 5.10 and 2014 1st round pick for 2013 1.18. Draft picks are worth more, since creating the rookie cap. Thus, Buffalo ups it's offer, and throws in a 5th round pick in 2013.

2.9(41)(Buf)Travis Frederick, G/C, Wisconsin
2.15(47)Larry Warford, G, Kentucky
3.18(80) Brandon Williams, NT, Missouri Southern
4.17(114)Chris Faulk, OT, LSU
5.10(143)(Buf)Marcus Lattimore, RB, South Carolina
5.18(151)Nick Kasa, TE, Colorado
6.17(185)Aaron Mellette, WR, Elon

UDFA Signing
Armonty Bryant, DE, East Central University
Prentiss Waggner, CB/S, Tennessee
Brad Madison, DE, Missouri
Cooper Taylor, S, Richmond
Jamaine Cook, RB, Youngstown State University
Alex Carder, QB, Western Michigan

Note: If you're just gonna say, "No way this guy will be available here, or that's way too early for him", at least please explain.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a solid draft GD. I like the Kasa pick quite a bit. He can be the blocking tight end that we need

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
ninjaneer wrote:

I think ht's head would explode if we drafted Knile Davis and his exploding everything. If you think Murray is fragile, Davis can't walk and chew gum at the same time without hurting himself.

Y'all know I watch a ton of Arkansas football, listen to Arkansas Sports Talk Radio, keep track of Arkansas player's workouts and offseason program news. I used to be a HUGE fan of Knile Davis, in fact, I think that if Knile Davis could stay healthy, he would be better than Darren McFadden and Felix Jones combined. Then again, if my aunt had a sack she'd be my uncle.

The fact of the matter is, the guy just can't stay healthy and hasn't been right since the 2010 season, when he led the SEC in rushing. Add in the fact that he devoloped fumblitis this past season, and I really want nothing to do with Knile Davis in Dallas.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
ninjaneer wrote:

Y'all know I watch a ton of Arkansas football, listen to Arkansas Sports Talk Radio, keep track of Arkansas player's workouts and offseason program news. I used to be a HUGE fan of Knile Davis, in fact, I think that if Knile Davis could stay healthy, he would be better than Darren McFadden and Felix Jones combined. Then again, if my aunt had a sack she'd be my uncle.

Would he/she have a nice set of boobs? I know that you don't live in Kentucky where subhuman behavior like that is totally acceptable and as normal as the sun coming up, but I felt compelled to ask, anyway.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we were to trade down with the Dolphins for both their 2nds and their 4th

2nd - Sylvester Williams DT N.Carolina
2nd - Tank Carradine, DE, Florida State
2nd - Kyle Long, OG, Oregon
3rd - Giovani Bernard, RB, UNC
4th - Chris Faulk, OT, LSU
4th - Josh Evans, S, Florida
5th -Gerald Hodges, OLB, Penn State
6th - Mychal Rivera, TE, Tennessee

Although, I believe we take a WR. Don't know why I believe that - gut feeling.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
If we were to trade down with the Dolphins for both their 2nds and their 4th

2nd - Sylvester Williams DT N.Carolina
2nd - Tank Carradine, DE, Florida State
2nd - Kyle Long, OG, Oregon
3rd - Giovani Bernard, RB, UNC
4th - Chris Faulk, OT, LSU
4th - Josh Evans, S, Florida
5th -Gerald Hodges, OLB, Penn State
6th - Mychal Rivera, TE, Tennessee

Although, I believe we take a WR. Don't know why I believe that - gut feeling.

I like it sorta....using same scenerio

[2] - Kwann Short, DT, Purdue
[2] - EJ Manuel, QB, FSU
[2] - Larry Warford, OG, Kentucky
[3] - Barrett Jones, OL, Alabama
[4] - TJ McDonald, FS, USC
[4] - Devin Taylor, DE, South Carolina
[5] - Corey Fuller, WR, VaTeach
[6] - Sean Porter, OLB, Texas A&M

Bob Sturm wrote:
If you expect me to stop rooting against Philadelphia, their fans, or their football team, then lower your expectations. It won't happen.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 56 of 58

Jump to: