Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Draft Thread - 1st page Updated with current roster.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 28400
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
buckwild wrote:
If the Cowboys sign Barwin this time next year y'all will be wishing the Cowboys had found the money to resign Spencer. You think Spencer was inconsisitent, but Barwin is ten times more inconsisitent than Spencer.

He is a nice player, but not worth 5-6 million a year in FA. Only has had 1 good year, and the others have been Spencer-esque. 4 or 5 sacks a year with about 50-60 tackles.

Richardson is a Top 15 pick so unless we trade up he won't be a Cowboy.

Jesse Williams is more like a 4th round pick, and has too many injury issues.

Larry Worford would be a nice pick up in the 2nd Round.

Don't really know about the other players, and Houston isn't giving the Cowboys a 4th for Ratliff. Cowboys will be lucky to get a 5th for him, because once people find out Cowboys are trying to move Ratliff most teams will just wait for Cowboys to release him.


Thank you! I thought I was the only person on Earth who thinks that Williams is massively overrated


Ok, ok...fine....I've updated. I think T_O will like this one better anyway Laughing
_________________

^^^Deadpulse
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
buckwild


Joined: 25 Jan 2011
Posts: 1979
Location: Ft Worth, Tx
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
I don't think anyone has come close to say that Barwin > Spencer. What people are saying is that the price difference between the difference in play is acceptable.


I understand what your trying to say, but I'm just preparing the Cowboy fans for what Barwin will bring to the Cowboys. 5-6 sacks per year, and some games where he totally disappers in games. Needs to work on more pass rush moves rather than just trying to use his speed to get aroung the OT. I see the Cowboys doing whatever they can to re-sign Spencer rather than giving money to a bunch of Free Agents. JMHO
_________________


Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DKDALfan


Joined: 18 Mar 2011
Posts: 2428
Location: Denmark
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

playa-hater wrote:
I like the overall thinking. Good job, but I can't see getting a 2nd for Ratliff. If we can't, why not just finally move Rat over to a DE spot after drafting Jenkins?


first of all, its not just a 2nd. It's a late 2nd for Ratliff AND a 4th. This is for a team that is in win now mode with an aging QB. They have few needs, a young cornerback, a ILB and a DT. Ratliff has a lot of potential, and has displayed that he can play as one of the best. check out the Denver forum, they do need a 3 down player at DT. Ratliff is that. I would agree that he doesnt have that good value for us, but in a 4-3 I think his value rises. I think that in the begining of the season where we did line more up in a 4-3 then past seasons, he played improved.
- I think that pretty much everyone can agree that Ratliff is a better fit in a 4-3, and I see no reason for why he shouldnt be able to bounce back in that system. Even at the level Ratliff has played the last couple of season, he would likely have more of an impact then any late 2nd round DT in the draft. I see this deal being good for both teams, I would do it both if I was Denver and if I was Dallas. I think it's a win - win situation.

why not move him to DE? because he clearly has showen the coaches that he doenst fit at that position. There's a reason why they have been reluctant to move him there for all these years. Ratliff is now IMO strictly a 4-3 player or a 3-4 NT in limited action mostly on passing downs IMO. He clearly can't play NT on consistent basis.


Last edited by DKDALfan on Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
buckwild


Joined: 25 Jan 2011
Posts: 1979
Location: Ft Worth, Tx
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
buckwild wrote:
If the Cowboys sign Barwin this time next year y'all will be wishing the Cowboys had found the money to resign Spencer. You think Spencer was inconsisitent, but Barwin is ten times more inconsisitent than Spencer.

He is a nice player, but not worth 5-6 million a year in FA. Only has had 1 good year, and the others have been Spencer-esque. 4 or 5 sacks a year with about 50-60 tackles.

Richardson is a Top 15 pick so unless we trade up he won't be a Cowboy.

Jesse Williams is more like a 4th round pick, and has too many injury issues.

Larry Worford would be a nice pick up in the 2nd Round.

Don't really know about the other players, and Houston isn't giving the Cowboys a 4th for Ratliff. Cowboys will be lucky to get a 5th for him, because once people find out Cowboys are trying to move Ratliff most teams will just wait for Cowboys to release him.


Nice to know you can predict the future.


Nice to know you can also since your the one posting the Mock Offseason.

Why do you have us drafting a OL, and signing one in FA? When we just signed 2 last offseason.

So your keeping B-[inappropriate/removed] over Livings? Please explain

Can you elaborate the extensions that you referred? Years, money?

Romo is going to want 4 years for 70-75 million

Why re-sign Sean Lee until he actually plays a full season without getting hurt?

Wouldn't it benefit the team more to get a safety in the 2nd rather than another DL since we have Crawford that we drafted last year?

I agree with most of your offseason, but just didn't understand some of your rationale behind them.

Has anyone figured out what the cap situation will look like for this off season. My gut says listen to Stephen since he deals with the finances more than Jerry does on a day to day basis.
_________________


Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
flyingmonkey30


Moderator
Joined: 04 Mar 2007
Posts: 6581
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think (from what I understand), we are currently projected to be around $20M over the cap. However, there are plenty of ways for us to create more money with cuts, restructures, etc. If we really wanted to make a move for a big name free agent, we could. But its probably not in the best interest of the team long term. This is all my understanding of it, which is probably fairly average, so if someone else wants to chime in, go for it
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 28400
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
1. Why do you have us drafting a OL, and signing one in FA? When we just signed 2 last offseason.

2. So your keeping B-[inappropriate/removed] over Livings? Please explain

3. Can you elaborate the extensions that you referred? Years, money?

4. Romo is going to want 4 years for 70-75 million

5. Why re-sign Sean Lee until he actually plays a full season without getting hurt?

6. Wouldn't it benefit the team more to get a safety in the 2nd rather than another DL since we have Crawford that we drafted last year?

I agree with most of your offseason, but just didn't understand some of your rationale behind them.


1. Livings and Bernadeau were stop-gaps. Livings certainly wasn't intended to be here long-term and I don't believe Bernadeau was intended to be a starter. Slauson is familiar with Callahan's blocking scheme and would be an improvement over Livings at LG, Warford would be an upgrade over Bernadeau.

2. Bernadeau has shown he has the ability to play at guard or at center. He's a reliable swing option should someone go down with injury. He's also young.

3. I'm not a cap guy, but I'd assume that by restructuring the contracts of Free and Carr, and re-signing Lee to a long-term deal as well as giving Romo an extension should free up enough cap space to allow for the free agent signings.

4. I'm sure Romo would be willing to sign a reasonable enough deal as not to prohibit the front office from improving the team.

5. See point #3.

6. Crawford could rotate with Hatcher (who's in his 30s) for at least one more season before taking over the job. Grabbing Floyd to plug in at RDE gives us another young, talented player at the other DE spot.
_________________

^^^Deadpulse
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
buckwild


Joined: 25 Jan 2011
Posts: 1979
Location: Ft Worth, Tx
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
buckwild wrote:
1. Why do you have us drafting a OL, and signing one in FA? When we just signed 2 last offseason.

2. So your keeping B-[inappropriate/removed] over Livings? Please explain

3. Can you elaborate the extensions that you referred? Years, money?

4. Romo is going to want 4 years for 70-75 million

5. Why re-sign Sean Lee until he actually plays a full season without getting hurt?

6. Wouldn't it benefit the team more to get a safety in the 2nd rather than another DL since we have Crawford that we drafted last year?

I agree with most of your offseason, but just didn't understand some of your rationale behind them.


1. Livings and Bernadeau were stop-gaps. Livings certainly wasn't intended to be here long-term and I don't believe Bernadeau was intended to be a starter. Slauson is familiar with Callahan's blocking scheme and would be an improvement over Livings at LG, Warford would be an upgrade over Bernadeau.

2. Bernadeau has shown he has the ability to play at guard or at center. He's a reliable swing option should someone go down with injury. He's also young.

3. I'm not a cap guy, but I'd assume that by restructuring the contracts of Free and Carr, and re-signing Lee to a long-term deal as well as giving Romo an extension should free up enough cap space to allow for the free agent signings.

4. I'm sure Romo would be willing to sign a reasonable enough deal as not to prohibit the front office from improving the team.

5. See point #3.
6. Crawford could rotate with Hatcher (who's in his 30s) for at least one more season before taking over the job. Grabbing Floyd to plug in at RDE gives us another young, talented player at the other DE spot.


You didn't answer the question? You not being a cap guy has nothing to do with the question I asked.

I'm not questioning Sean Lee abilities, but don't want to give him a contract a year too soon.

Just want him to show us that he can stay healthy.
_________________


Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 28400
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
You didn't answer the question? You not being a cap guy has nothing to do with the question I asked.

I'm not questioning Sean Lee abilities, but don't want to give him a contract a year too soon.

Just want him to show us that he can stay healthy.


It isn't as though he has suffered the same injuries during his three years in the league. Lee is easily one of our best defensive players, and a vital member in the future of our defense. I believe we could sign him to a reasonable extension this off-season. I'd rather sign him a year too soon at a more manageable rate than a year too late and have to break the bank to re-sign him.
_________________

^^^Deadpulse
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Football Mensa


Joined: 13 Dec 2012
Posts: 621
Location: Texas via Louisiana and I love being Cajun...
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you wanting to restructure contracts , it's cap suicide. Jerry doesn't need to keep doing this. Somewhere down the road you have to pay the piper.

We've seen this rerun by the front office too many times. What is the definition of insanity ?
_________________
A circle. The direction the Cowboys continue to travel.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hiero


Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Posts: 7983
Location: Midtown Sacramento
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya I'm not sure how people see us signing a bunch of free agents but ok it's December
_________________

Props to IDOG_det on the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
textaz03


Moderator
Joined: 09 Nov 2004
Posts: 11346
Location: Land of the Jersey Devil!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
For those of you wanting to restructure contracts , it's cap suicide. Jerry doesn't need to keep doing this. Somewhere down the road you have to pay the piper.

We've seen this rerun by the front office too many times. What is the definition of insanity ?
well, we only have to do it for this upcoming season. We have a lot of dead money on the books for 2013 and most of it will be off in 2014. And the CAP is supposed to increase significantly when the new TV deal money hits. Other than that, we will also have that extra 5 Mil back that we didn't have in 2012 and again in 2013 due to our fine.
_________________




"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
ninjaneer


Joined: 25 Jan 2008
Posts: 2354
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draft:
1. Jonathan Cooper G N.Carolina
2. Margus Hunt DE SMU
3. Jordan Hill DT Penn State
4. Travis Long OLB Washington State
5. Marcus Lattimore RB S. Carolina (will go to reserve for '13)
6. Montel Harris RB Temple

Team:
QB: Romo, Orton
RB: Murray, Dunbar, M.Harris, Vickers
TE: Witten, Hanna, F/A (undecided)
WR: Bryant, Austin, D.Harris, Beasley, Coale
C: Cook, Costa
G: Cooper, Bernedeau, Livings, Leary, Arkin
OT: Smith, Parnell, Weems

CB: Carr, Claiborne, Scandrick, Moore, Coe
S: Sensebaugh, Church, Frampton, Peprah, Johnson
ILB: Lee, Carter, Albright, Sims, Popinga
OLB: Ware, Spencer, Butler, Long
DT: Ratliff, Lissemore, Hill
DE: Hatcher, Crawford, Hunt, Spears

K: Bailey
P: C.Jones
LS: UDFA
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tony7188


Joined: 02 Jan 2011
Posts: 3497
Location: Baltimore, MD
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjaneer wrote:
Draft:
1. Jonathan Cooper G N.Carolina
2. Margus Hunt DE SMU
3. Jordan Hill DT Penn State
4. Travis Long OLB Washington State
5. Marcus Lattimore RB S. Carolina (will go to reserve for '13)
6. Montel Harris RB Temple

Team:
QB: Romo, Orton
RB: Murray, Dunbar, M.Harris, Vickers
TE: Witten, Hanna, F/A (undecided)
WR: Bryant, Austin, D.Harris, Beasley, Coale
C: Cook, Costa
G: Cooper, Bernedeau, Livings, Leary, Arkin
OT: Smith, Parnell, Weems

CB: Carr, Claiborne, Scandrick, Moore, Coe
S: Sensebaugh, Church, Frampton, Peprah, Johnson
ILB: Lee, Carter, Albright, Sims, Popinga
OLB: Ware, Spencer, Butler, Long
DT: Ratliff, Lissemore, Hill
DE: Hatcher, Crawford, Hunt, Spears

K: Bailey
P: C.Jones
LS: UDFA


No way for two RB's imo and I'm starting to think we should look elsewhere about Hunt. I really liked him and his potential until I seen that he will be 26 next season
_________________

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
buckwild


Joined: 25 Jan 2011
Posts: 1979
Location: Ft Worth, Tx
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
buckwild wrote:
You didn't answer the question? You not being a cap guy has nothing to do with the question I asked.

I'm not questioning Sean Lee abilities, but don't want to give him a contract a year too soon.

Just want him to show us that he can stay healthy.


It isn't as though he has suffered the same injuries during his three years in the league. Lee is easily one of our best defensive players, and a vital member in the future of our defense. I believe we could sign him to a reasonable extension this off-season. I'd rather sign him a year too soon at a more manageable rate than a year too late and have to break the bank to re-sign him.


Does it really matter if its the same injury or to the same part of the body?

My point is that he is injury prone, and he is what 25-26. What's going to happen in 3-4 years? Just don't want to get stuck the same way the Cowboys are now with Jay Ratliff. Making a significant salary, but not being able to stay on the field.

Don't care if Lee is a "team" guy, but he will want a significant raise since he didn't get the "big" contract when he was drafted. No matter how good a guy them seem to the public. They want ever cent they can get from any team.
_________________


Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tony7188


Joined: 02 Jan 2011
Posts: 3497
Location: Baltimore, MD
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my offseason:

Resigned/restructure:
Tony Romo (contract extension)
Miles Austin (contract restructured)

FA addition signings:
Andy Levitre OG - Replaces Bernadeau and starts at RG. Letting Spencer walk gives us the cap space to sign Levitre.

Unresigned/Cuts:
Anthony Spencer - will be too expensive to keep with our salary cap issues.
Gerald Sensabaugh - declined play and helps with salary cap.
Eric Frampton
Doug Free - production has declined and is too expensive to keep.
Kenyon Coleman
Mike Jenkins
Felix Jones
Brady Poppinga
Phil Costa
Mackenzy Bernadeau

1st round: Enzekiel Ansah OLB - The Cowboys need a replacement for Spencer and this it it. I think he will blow up the combine and he will go in the first round. Has good size and great speed with long arms. He is still raw but I think Rob Ryan will make him a stud. With his name being compared to JPP I think Jerry will get flashbacks of how JPP ruined our chance to go the playoffs in 2011 and will want to get someone similar.

2nd round: Matt Elam Florida S - Gerald Sensabaugh is 30 and is becoming a liability. This pick gives us more speed and some hard hitting ability in the secondary. With Elam and Church our secondary is finished.

3rd round: Ricky Wagner Wisconsin OT - Battle between him and Parnell for the RT position in TC.

4th round: William Gholston MSU DT/DE - Another player with really good potential. Can be the backup nose in case of injury but will play DE.

5th round: Brandon Jenkins FSU OLB - His Specialty is pass rushing and could fill Victor Butler's role nicely. His injury this year at FSU costs him a couple of rounds in the draft.

6th round: CB
_________________

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 37 of 58

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group