Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Draft Thread - 1st page Updated with current roster.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 56, 57, 58  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShineOnStar wrote:
Made a big, elaborate mock, turns out I wasn't logged in and I lost it. Sad I'll post what I remember later.

That is the worst d'oh!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE BIG CHEEZE wrote:
2013 free agents signed

Andy Levitre OG

Michael Johnson DE

Anthony Spencer OLB

cut/ released

Mike Jenkins

lance Dunbar

Brady Poppinga

Phillip tanner

Vince Agnew

Dan Conner

Derrick Dockery

Marcus Spears

Trades

Dallas trades their 1st pick # 17 to the Kansas City Chiefs for the first pick in the second round, and fourth round and first next year.

2nd Tavon Austin- something tells me Jerry Jones wants more play makers. I think he goes after the best Percy Harvin clone.

2nd DJ Fluker G Alabama- Big Fella

3rd Khaled Holms, C, USC

4th Seantrel Henderson OT/OG Miami

4th Montee Ball RB Wisconsin I Love his vision and nose for the end zone. I hope Jerry and Jason do to.

5th John Simon OLB THE OHIO STATE

6th Tyran Mathieu LSU DB - See what happens

7th Prentiss Waggner SS -Tennessee

7th Kevin Reddick ILB North Carolina

Two of the biggest twits (Henderson and Mathieu) playing pigskin getting drafted by Dallas isn't going to happen. Henderson in the 4th is a massive reach too. Also, where does Tavon fit? Miles and Dez are solid 1/2 punch. Harris has been coming on. Beastly is....well, beastly.

^^Kiltman^^
Ace5 wrote:
OH GOD ITS ALL OVER THE WALLS.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE BIG CHEEZE wrote:
Why terrible, and why weak?

1. We don't need a slot WR. I like Tavon Austin, but he is not a Percy Harvin clone. They're not remotely close to the same player. And if they were, I'd run away from him because Harvin isn't that good. He's above average, but he isn't anything special.

2. Khaled Holmes has injury issues. Talented kid and great value in the 3rd round, but it's something to pay attention to.

3. Seantrel Henderson is trash. Bad work ethic, never in shape, and major character issues. No thanks.

4. What role would Ball play on this team? He's really slow. I'm a big fan of Wisconsin's o-linemen, but not their RB's. The run like they're ankle deep in mud.

Quote:
I think Montae Ball would give us a real redzone threat from the ground thats proven in (college).

So you want to use a 4th round pick on a guy who would only be a red zone threat? I'd rather look for a starter.

Quote:
Also Tavon austin would be a real threat from anywhere to score and from many positions.

Not with our o-line he wouldn't. Our problems aren't at WR. They're on o-line. And I certainly wouldn't be interested in using a 2nd round pick on a guy who won't be a starter since he's not going to supplant either Austin or Bryant.

Quote:
John Simon is one of the best players Urban Meyer has ever coached. Also he has a great motor and a team captain. Yes I am biased but I love the way that kid never gives up, and he's also built like a brick.

I'm sorry.....what? I can give you a long list of guys who are far and away superior players to John Simon whom Meyer coached. You can't possibly believe that a guy who you have as a 5th round pick can be compared to the likes of:

Alex Smith
Tim Tebow
Percy Harvin
Brandon Spikes
The Pouncey Brothers
Joe Haden

I can go on, but you get the point. Comparing anyone at Ohio State to the talent he coached at Florida is laughable and absurd.

Quote:
Kevin Reddick and Prentiss Wagner are great Physical talents that have not put it together yet. I also like butch davis coached defensive players. As for the honey badger, he is a play maker that could be a real player. We turned around Dez's career with some guidance and structure (fingers crossed). Why not try with the honey badger? As for the lineman I wouldn't care if we drafted 7, seriously.

Honey Badger is hooked on drugs and is a character risk.

And we don't have any 7th round picks.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:

Quote:
John Simon is one of the best players Urban Meyer has ever coached. Also he has a great motor and a team captain. Yes I am biased but I love the way that kid never gives up, and he's also built like a brick.

I'm sorry.....what? I can give you a long list of guys who are far and away superior players to John Simon whom Meyer coached. You can't possibly believe that a guy who you have as a 5th round pick can be compared to the likes of:

Alex Smith
Tim Tebow
Percy Harvin
Brandon Spikes
The Pouncey Brothers
Joe Haden

I can go on, but you get the point. Comparing anyone at Ohio State to the talent he coached at Florida is laughable and absurd.

How did I miss this? Simon is a nice player, but Meyer has coached some fantastic talent.

In short, PREACH. I co-sign Plan9's post.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
ShineOnStar wrote:
Made a big, elaborate mock, turns out I wasn't logged in and I lost it. Sad I'll post what I remember later.

That is the worst d'oh!

You could have clicked the back arrow on your browser, and then copied and pasted into notepad, logged in, and then re-paste. I've had to do this a number of times.
THE BIG CHEEZE

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
THE BIG CHEEZE wrote:
Why terrible, and why weak?

1. We don't need a slot WR. I like Tavon Austin, but he is not a Percy Harvin clone. They're not remotely close to the same player. And if they were, I'd run away from him because Harvin isn't that good. He's above average, but he isn't anything special.

Tavon Austin is a stud with great stop start talent. I also believe that with Miles's injury issues and Bigger contract that he might be out the door.

2. Khaled Holmes has injury issues. Talented kid and great value in the 3rd round, but it's something to pay attention to.

3. Seantrel Henderson is trash. Bad work ethic, never in shape, and major character issues. No thanks.

He is also a big kid who can block. Sometimes guys with attitudes pan out to be great NFL players.

4. What role would Ball play on this team? He's really slow. I'm a big fan of Wisconsin's o-linemen, but not their RB's. The run like they're ankle deep in mud.

Montae Ball doesn't have super speed, and so what? He's more than fast enough, and he has great vision. I bet Felix is faster than Demarco, and Felix sucks. Vision , I'll say it again is a quality that great running backs have. As for picking a back up player in the fourth, who cares? Every player we draft is going to be starter? Like Jason Williams, or Tyrone Crawford? Ball could start in this league, and one day he will be a teams starter.

Quote:
I think Montae Ball would give us a real redzone threat from the ground thats proven in (college).

So you want to use a 4th round pick on a guy who would only be a red zone threat? I'd rather look for a starter.

Quote:
Also Tavon austin would be a real threat from anywhere to score and from many positions.

Not with our o-line he wouldn't. Our problems aren't at WR. They're on o-line. And I certainly wouldn't be interested in using a 2nd round pick on a guy who won't be a starter since he's not going to supplant either Austin or Bryant.

I thought the draft and free agency addressed the offensive line issues.

Quote:

Alex Smith
Tim Tebow
Percy Harvin
Brandon Spikes
The Pouncey Brothers
Joe Haden

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/48964/buckeyes-know-they-can-rely-on-simon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmBpjGMk0gI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kmmNJxmBfI

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1317128-ohio-state-football-is-john-simon-the-best-player-urban-meyer-has-ever-coached

I only said it, because he said it. I never said he was THE BEST, just one of. and if Urban Meyer keeps saying it. I would find it laughable and absurd to disagree, wouldn't you?

Quote:
Kevin Reddick and Prentiss Wagner are great Physical talents that have not put it together yet. I also like butch davis coached defensive players. As for the honey badger, he is a play maker that could be a real player. We turned around Dez's career with some guidance and structure (fingers crossed). Why not try with the honey badger? As for the lineman I wouldn't care if we drafted 7, seriously.

Honey Badger is hooked on drugs and is a character risk.

The honey badger doesn't give a @#$# what you say.

And we don't have any 7th round picks.
THE BIG CHEEZE

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q3UOd9_Tkw

Tavon Austin highlight film says he is special as well his numbers. Not to mention how he as performed against SEC Defense's, and other elite teams in big games. Saying he isn't special is also laughable and absurd.

As for Seantrel, he was overhyped in high school and had to live up to huge expectations. He has battled through bad press, a back injury and transferring from USC to Miami. Through all that he made it back into the starting lineup and began to dominate. I like a player that can persevere, I know some of those wounds were self inflicted but, he's still playing (with an attitude). That also brings me to another point, I think this team lacks an attitude, we have a bunch of winey dudes outside of Dez, Ratliff, Witten or Demarco there aren't many "NFL tough guys". All of those guys are tough, but compared to other teams we look like pushovers. The Patriots during there success had guys like Harrison, Wilfork, Bruschi, Vrabel, Moss, Kevin Faulk, Seymour, that were tough and had attitudes. The Entire Tampa Bay team had an attitude. Even Brady has an attitude. The entire giants defensive line has bad attitudes. They complain, talk trash, and complain in the media. They also dominate. I'm tired of this so called RKG, I want football players. I also want lineman that have Attitudes more than the RKG stiffs that are trying to get Romo's head torn off.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Austin, but Henderson is garbage. He hasn't dominated at all this year. And its probably going to be why he doesn't declare this year

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st - John Jenkins NT Georgia
2nd - Larry Warford OG Kentucky
3rd - Tyler Bray QB Tennessee
4th - Johnathan Franklin RB UCLA
5th - Abry Jones DE Georgia
6th - Tyrann Mathieu CB unknown
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scrambol2000 wrote:

I don't think Bray will fall to the 3rd, given his physical tools. But it is possible. However, I think the Honey Badger is an awful pick for this team. At best I see him as a Slot Corner - and we have Scan for that.

In Redball I Trust!
scrambol2000

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
scrambol2000 wrote:

I don't think Bray will fall to the 3rd, given his physical tools. But it is possible. However, I think the Honey Badger is an awful pick for this team. At best I see him as a Slot Corner - and we have Scan for that.

HB is a big risk, but it's a 6th rd pick.

Let's replace HB with Graham Pocic C Illinois
Revenant04

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dallas is now 25 million over the cap

(I got the figures below from another site. Let me know if they are wrong)

Restructure Romo Save 8.8 Million

Cuts/Trades Savings
Ratliff 4 Million (post June 15)
Spears 1.6 Million (post June 15)
Free 7 Million (post June 15)
Austin 3.6 Million
(Austin was traded for a 2nd round pick to Miami)
Arkin .4 Million
Brent .6 Million

Convert Wittens salary to Bonus saves 3 Million

Savings 29 Million

4 Million to sign draft picks and free agents
(Hint- No free agents to be signed)

8.2 dead money in 2013

Carr could be restructured but I doubt they want to do that,

Needs- DT, DE, OLB, RT, G, RB, CB, WR, C, S
1- Jonathon Jenkins DT
2- Cyril Richardson OG/RT
2- Chase Thomas OLB
3- Ryan Swope WR
4- Jamar Taylor CB
5- Spencer Nealy DE
6- Braxton Cave C

UFA- Kerwynn Williams RB
Quentin Dial DE
Josh Johnson CB

Roster
QB- Romo, Orton
RB- Murray, Tanner, Williams
FB- Vickers
T- Smith, Richardson, Parnell
OG- Livings, Bernadeau, Costa, Kowalski, Leary
C- Costa, Cook, Kowalski
WR- Bryant, Harris, Beasley, Swope, Holmes, Benford
TE- Witten, Phillips Hannah

S- Church, Sens, Johnson, McCray
ILB- Carter, Lee, Connor, Lemon
OLB- Ware, Thomas, Butler, Wilber, Albright
DE- Hatcher, Lissenmore, Crawford, Bass, Nealy, Dial
DT, Jenkins, Lissenmore, Callaway
CB- Carr, Claiborne, Scandrick, Taylor, Johnson

Special-
LS- Loudaceour
P- Mooreman (or UFA)
K- Bailey

Practice Squad-
Cave Center

2014 Needs
RT after Richardson moves to guard
Safety
Center
DE (if hatcher is not resigned)
Guard
ILB

2014 Cuts
Connor, Bernadeau, Sensabaugh

Last edited by Revenant04 on Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not buying it. I'd like to see those figures. Got a link?

^^Kiltman^^
Ace5 wrote:
OH GOD ITS ALL OVER THE WALLS.
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be a mistake to lose Spears, Coleman, Rat, and Brent in one off-season.

In Redball I Trust!
Revenant04

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
Not buying it. I'd like to see those figures. Got a link?

http://boards.dallascowboys.com/topic/8676-cowboys-2013-salary-cap-situation-according-to-stephen-jones/

Check in the comments section.

Someone added them up based on sportrac

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 25 of 58

Jump to: