Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Draft Thread - 1st page Updated with current roster.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 56, 57, 58  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mock draft:

Norv Turner gets signed as OC (Pray), which allows Garrett to stay the HC.

Jenkins, Spencer, Coleman, Ogletree and Jones is guys worth noting that won't be resigned.
Spencer and Jenkins is too expensive. If Coleman and/or Jones sits long enough in FA without any interest, they will be worth resigning if they take a very cheap deal.

Sims and Peprah will get an extension (if I remember correctly they got a one year deal? please correct me if i'm wrong..), so will Romo which saves us some cap space.
Costa, Phillips, Ladecour, Butler and Lemon will be resigned as well.

Connor will be offered a new deal which he will accept or othervise get cut. So will Sensabaugh.

FA:
nothing really. Offcourse we will be looking at some signings around TC when we get an idea about what we got. But the signings will offcourse most be to upgrade the bottom of our roster.

Round 1:
Jonathan Cooper, OG.

- Love this guy. Best guard prospect this year for sure IMO. This will allow the Cowboys QB to feel safe about his left side for 10+ years. The best aspect of Coopers play is how he blocks in space, and does it consistently. I would love to see more screen plays. Also, this guy has some of the best footwork I've seen. He's so quick feet. There's a lot of potential here!

Round 2:
Chase Thomas, OLB.

This years draft class really offers a lot of passrushers, Thomas drops to here because of that. Many teams will prefer bigger sack numbers and better athletes, but he's the perfect pick for Cowboys because he's ready to step into a starting role with his experience from a 3-4. This guy won't get as many sacks as a lot of other rookies, but he will get pressure and a lot of tackles for loss.

*****TRADE*****
Cowboys trade Ratliff + 4th round pick to Denver Broncos, recieves their 2nd round pick.
- makes sense because Denver needs DT help while they want to win now while Peyton Manning can play football on the level that he can right now. A shame that Saints don't have a 2nd rounder, we might would have been able to get a better price. We are close to the cap limit, so we would love to let Ratliff and his 7m pay go. He's not a big contributer anyway.. I wouldnt mind adding a late 2014 pick to the deal also.

Round 2b:
Margus Hunt, DE.

This guy is a freak athlete. And at 6'8 280 pounds he has the perfect size to play 3-4 DE after gaining 15-20 more punds of weight. This guy has showed a fast rising learning curve and I defintly see him as a contributer from game 1. With around 17 blocked kicks so far, he looks like a guy who can be a dangerous weapon on ST and offer some value there too.
In passrushing situations, I would love to see a Dline of: Hatcher - Lissemore - Hunt. That could be a very dangerous trio IMO.
Hunt reminds me a bit of JJ Watt, just a lot less developed and I doubt that he ever will be that good. But I'm looking forward to finally see a Dallas Cowboy bat a lot of passes at the LOS.

Round 3:
Robert Lester, S.

With such a deep safety class, some safety had to fall here. Might not be Lester, but someone. Safety would take care of another need and Lester defintly has some ball hawk skills too which we need. Church, Johnson and Lester would be our top 3 safeties, which I like. If no top prospect have dropped here, I would take a long hard look at Phillip Thomas. I would love to be able to mock Rambo for us here, but not gonna happen with his off the field issues..

Round 4:
***traded to Denver***

Round 5:
Rod Sweeting, CB.

Jenkins is gone and we need depth. Don't know that much about Sweeting other then he's projected to go here and that his name is AWESOME.

Round 6:
Marcus Lattimore, HB.

injuries should scare teams away a long with him lacking some break away speed, but here his talent makes me feel like we should take a look at him. We need something serious behind Murray whos carreer also has been plagued by injuries. Lattimore will be by far the best talent in the 6th round.

Round 7:
***Traded to Miami***

Last edited by DKDALfan on Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
fredsnotdeadyet

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rtnldave wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
What does everyone think of Dallas propensity to gamble on injured prospects?

Its definitely a risk/reward thing. You tend to get great value in guys, but then run the risk of the staying injured their whole careers. It comes down to really evaluating what type of injuries they've had and if they are ones likely to reoccur.

A guy that fits that mold for this year would be Brandon Jenkins. Any interest in him as an OLB?

Nope! That position is the least of our needs.

As flyingmonkey said, if we don't resign Spencer, it becomes an enormous need. One that would require addressing in the first 3 rounds for sure.

And FM, do you think he lasts that long?

So then why are we carrying guys like Alex Albright, Orie Lemon, Victor Butler, etc. This 3/4 defense seems to be predicated on having an inordinate amount of LB's. It seems like every year we are in dire need of a frickin' LB! That sucks. I mean, last year we drafted 2 of them! 2 LB's and 0 O linemen. Oh yeah I forgot, the hobbled, busted knee saviour, old dolly bell what's his face, who can't even get on the darn field! Yeah that works.

Problem with continually drafting LB's early is OUR O LINE SUCKS!!!!! In case you haven't taken notice. How about this, how bout we draft a solid NT that can penetrate the middle thus giving more opportunity to the DE's thus giving a decent LB and a stud (Ware) a better chance of doing their jobs well.

IMO, the LB position is not the problem, with or without Spencer, the D line sucks! We get no pressure up front and we haven't done a damn thing in the draft or FA to address it. This team, and some people on this site, are LB/CB happy. That's all you ever want to draft thinking it will solve our problems. NEWS FLASH-IT WONT! It hasn't in 5 years! Why do you think it will chnage now? Wasn't Spencer a 1st round pick? Wasn't Kyle Wilber a 2nd round pick? If we lose Spencer, we should already have his replacement in Wilber.

The 1 constant in this teams miserable existance for the past 2 decades is that we have virtually ignored the trenches when it comes to drafting early. And look where we are year in and year out. So your answer is what? DRAFT ANOTHER LB???!!! OMG, do you see a pattern here? One that isn't working???

I have no clue where you are getting thet Kyle Wilber was a 2nd round pick but your 2 rounds off. We didnt have a 2nd last year because of the Claiborne trade so how did we draft Wilber in the 2nd without a 2nd. Are we talking about Kyle Wilber that we drafted in the 4th round?

props to Joe_is_the_best
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fredsnotdeadyet wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

Its definitely a risk/reward thing. You tend to get great value in guys, but then run the risk of the staying injured their whole careers. It comes down to really evaluating what type of injuries they've had and if they are ones likely to reoccur.

A guy that fits that mold for this year would be Brandon Jenkins. Any interest in him as an OLB?

As flyingmonkey said, if we don't resign Spencer, it becomes an enormous need. One that would require addressing in the first 3 rounds for sure.

So then why are we carrying guys like Alex Albright, Orie Lemon, Victor Butler, etc. This 3/4 defense seems to be predicated on having an inordinate amount of LB's. It seems like every year we are in dire need of a frickin' LB! That sucks. I mean, last year we drafted 2 of them! 2 LB's and 0 O linemen. Oh yeah I forgot, the hobbled, busted knee saviour, old dolly bell what's his face, who can't even get on the darn field! Yeah that works.

Problem with continually drafting LB's early is OUR O LINE SUCKS!!!!! In case you haven't taken notice. How about this, how bout we draft a solid NT that can penetrate the middle thus giving more opportunity to the DE's thus giving a decent LB and a stud (Ware) a better chance of doing their jobs well.

IMO, the LB position is not the problem, with or without Spencer, the D line sucks! We get no pressure up front and we haven't done a damn thing in the draft or FA to address it. This team, and some people on this site, are LB/CB happy. That's all you ever want to draft thinking it will solve our problems. NEWS FLASH-IT WONT! It hasn't in 5 years! Why do you think it will chnage now? Wasn't Spencer a 1st round pick? Wasn't Kyle Wilber a 2nd round pick? If we lose Spencer, we should already have his replacement in Wilber.

The 1 constant in this teams miserable existance for the past 2 decades is that we have virtually ignored the trenches when it comes to drafting early. And look where we are year in and year out. So your answer is what? DRAFT ANOTHER LB???!!! OMG, do you see a pattern here? One that isn't working???

I have no clue where you are getting thet Kyle Wilber was a 2nd round pick but your 2 rounds off. We didnt have a 2nd last year because of the Claiborne trade so how did we draft Wilber in the 2nd without a 2nd. Are we talking about Kyle Wilber that we drafted in the 4th round?

Not to mention, Albright is strictly on the team because of ST, Lemon isn't an OLB, he is an ILB, and Butler is also a free agent. So on roster, our outside linebackers will be Demarcus Ware and Kyle Wilber, with Albright as the swing man. That is terrible outside of Ware. Linebacker wasn't a need last year, but pass rusher was.

And who is saying that OLB is our ONLY need? Every single person on this forum realizes that the offensive line needs to be addressed before anything else. But hey, if a guy like Damontre Moore is there for the taking, and Warmack and Cooper are off the board, how do you say no to that?

Additionally, nobody was talking about Brandon Jenkins in the first three rounds either. He is a 2nd round talent who can be had in the 4th or 5th round due to a previous injury. The line can (and should) still be addressed earlier on, but we don't need to go offensive and defensive line in all 7 rounds to fix the team

Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
ShineOnStar

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKDALfan wrote:
Mock draft:

Norv Turner gets signed as OC (Pray), which allows Garrett to stay the HC.

Jenkins, Spencer, Coleman, Ogletree and Jones is guys worth noting that won't be resigned.
Spencer and Jenkins is too expensive. If Coleman and/or Jones sits long enough in FA without any interest, they will be worth resigning if they take a very cheap deal.

Sims and Peprah will get an extension (if I remember correctly they got a one year deal? please correct me if i'm wrong..), so will Romo which saves us some cap space.
Costa, Phillips, Ladecour, Butler and Lemon will be resigned as well.

Connor will be offered a new deal which he will accept or othervise get cut. So will Sensabaugh.

FA:
nothing really. Offcourse we will be looking at some signings around TC when we get an idea about what we got. But the signings will offcourse most be to upgrade the bottom of our roster.

Round 1:
Jonathan Cooper, OG.

- Love this guy. Best guard prospect this year for sure IMO. This will allow the Cowboys QB to feel safe about his left side for 10+ years. The best aspect of Coopers play is how he blocks in space, and does it consistently. I would love to see more screen plays. Also, this guy has some of the best footwork I've seen. He's so quick feet. There's a lot of potential here!

Round 2:
Chase Thomas, OLB.

This years draft class really offers a lot of passrushers, Thomas drops to here because of that. Many teams will prefer bigger sack numbers and better athletes, but he's the perfect pick for Cowboys because he's ready to step into a starting role with his experience from a 3-4. This guy won't get as many sacks as a lot of other rookies, but he will get pressure and a lot of tackles for loss.

*****TRADE*****
Cowboys trade Ratliff + 4th round pick to Denver Broncos, recieves their 2nd round pick.
- makes sense because Denver needs DT help while they want to win now while Peyton Manning can play football on the level that he can right now. A shame that Saints don't have a 2nd rounder, we might would have been able to get a better price. We are close to the cap limit, so we would love to let Ratliff and his 7m pay go. He's not a big contributer anyway.. I wouldnt mind adding a late 2014 pick to the deal also.

Round 2b:
Margus Hunt, DE.

This guy is a freak athlete. And at 6'8 280 pounds he has the perfect size to play 3-4 DE after gaining 15-20 more punds of weight. This guy has showed a fast rising learning curve and I defintly see him as a contributer from game 1. With around 17 blocked kicks so far, he looks like a guy who can be a dangerous weapon on ST and offer some value there too.
In passrushing situations, I would love to see a Dline of: Hatcher - Lissemore - Hunt. That could be a very dangerous trio IMO.
Hunt reminds me a bit of JJ Watt, just a lot less developed and I doubt that he ever will be that good. But I'm looking forward to finally see a Dallas Cowboy bat a lot of passes at the LOS.

Round 3:
Robert Lester, S.

With such a deep safety class, some safety had to fall here. Might not be Lester, but someone. Safety would take care of another need and Lester defintly has some ball hawk skills too which we need. Church, Johnson and Lester would be our top 3 safeties, which I like. If no top prospect have dropped here, I would take a long hard look at Phillip Thomas. I would love to be able to mock Rambo for us here, but not gonna happen with his off the field issues..

Round 4:
***traded to Denver***

Round 5:
Rod Sweeting, CB.

Jenkins is gone and we need depth. Don't know that much about Sweeting other then he's projected to go here and that his name is AWESOME.

Round 6:
Marcus Lattimore, HB.

injuries should scare teams away a long with him lacking some break away speed, but here his talent makes me feel like we should take a look at him. We need something serious behind Murray whos carreer also has been plagued by injuries. Lattimore will be by far the best talent in the 6th round.

Round 7:
***Traded to Miami***

I could easily get under this. Very realistic.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's do another one! Very Happy

This one is going to be a little different, but the same general format. Let me know what y'all think (more crazy trades and moves in this one).

Schedule
@NYG - W
@SEA - L
TB - W
CHI - L
@BAL - L
@CAR - W
NYG - L
@ATL - L
@PHI - W
CLE - W
WAS - L
PHI - W
@CIN - L
PIT - L
NO - L
@WAS - L

Final Record: 6-10

Quote:
Obviously, 6-10 is not where we want to be. Let's be real here, this is not a team that is one player away from being a playoff contender. We have a lot of holes to fill. Remember, this is a team that has not been above .500 since 2009. I believe that you win in the trenches, and that is what our offseason will try to accomplish. Priority number one is keeping Tony Romo on his feet. Priority number two is to keep opposing quarterbacks on the ground. We are looking to build through the draft, and supplement through free agency. We have one splash in mind, but everything else will be about role players.

Free Agency

Re-Signed

LS L.P. Ladouceur
S Danny McCray
TE John Phillips
P Brian Moorman
C Ryan Cook
ILB Ernie Sims

Release/Not Re-Signed

OT Doug Free
S Gerald Sensabaugh
OLB Anthony Spencer
QB Rudy Carpenter
RB Felix Jones
C Phil Costa
S Eric Frampton
S Charlie Peprah
P Chris Jones
WR Kevin Ogletree
OG Derrick Dockery
OG Mackenzy Bernadeau
LB Orie Lemon
OLB Victor Butler
DE Kenyon Coleman
DE Marcus Spears
CB Mike Jenkins

*Also restructured the deals of Brandon Carr and extended Tony Romo to create more cap space. Additionally rolled over unused cap space from the previous year.

Free Agency

OG Andy Levitre signed to a 5 year deal worth $30M

Quote:
This is the one big splash that I was speaking of. The Buffalo Bills need to franchise one of their key free agents, and since they chose Byrd, Levitre chose to test the market. Our top priority this year was to get an experienced, talented interior lineman to help keep Romo upright. It was a huge reason that we failed given our talent all over the rest of the field. He is just now hitting his prime, as he will start the season at age 27. We passed on Levitre in the draft to move back just a few years ago, and now we are going to right that wrong.

CB Pat Lee signed to a two year deal worth $1.5M

Quote:
Losing Mike to free agency obviously hurts, and it makes us fairly thin at corner. We aren't bringing in Lee asking him to set the world on fire, but we believe that he can suffice as a dime corner. Additionally, he is an above average player on special teams, and we really need to improve there. We kept our ace in Danny McCray, but Lee will just help shore things up. He will compete for the fourth cornerback spot.

WR/KR Josh Cribbs signed to a three year deal worth $7M

Quote:
Cribbs is well known as one of the best return men in the NFL. Anytime he touches the ball, he is a threat to go for six. I firmly believe that special teams changes the game. Field position is extremely underrated in today's day and age of football. One of our goals was to bring in an electric return man not named Dez Bryant. Now, Dez can focus solely on his duties as a wide receiver.

OT Robert Turner signed to a two year deal worth $1.5M

Quote:
Turner is a nice swing tackle that knows Callahan. He can play both tackle positions and helps out on special teams as well. It is an under the radar signing, but we feel much more comfortable knowing that we have a guy like Turner available should we have a bad injury on the line.

*Pre Draft Trade*

The Dallas Cowboys have traded Jay Ratliff to the Denver Broncos for a 4th round draft pick (122nd overall).

Quote:
We love Jay, but we need to move on from him to clear a little cap space. The Broncos came calling, ready to offer a 5th round draft. We convinced them to bump it up to a fourth, and accepted the offer. We want to thank Jay for everything he has done for Dallas, and we wish him the best of luck in Denver.

The Draft

The Cowboys will pick 9th overall.

With the 9th overall pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys select DL Johnathan Hankins, Ohio State.

Quote:
We were targeting two impact defensive lineman with this pick, and one of our choices (Lotulelei) went in the top five. Fortunately, Hankins dropped to number nine. Had he not, we were prepared to move back. But let's talk about Hankins here for a moment. Big John can play anywhere in a 3-4, and will play inside for our 4-3 fronts. He can line up over the nose, or slide over to the five technique. We have a few players that can do this, and we love that flexibility. He possesses violent hands and disrupts plays on the regular.

With the 41st overall pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys select OT Eric Fisher, Central Michigan.

Quote:
Unfortunately, our right tackle position was just a revolving door last year. We saw a lot of promise in Doug Free for a while, but it did not make sense to keep him around after his poor showing last season. We are ecstatic to have Fisher as his replacement. It will be like having two left tackles on our line. Fisher is ridiculously long and a pretty good athlete. He gets knocked for playing in a mediocre conference, but he played well against great teams like Michigan State. He is also a punishing run blocker that should open up holes for our backs.

With the 73rd overall pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys select S T.J. McDonald, Southern California.

Quote:
We loved McDonald last year as a potential draft pick, and we love him just as much this year. McDonald does everything well for USC, and would have been a higher pick had the safety class not been so deep. He is a great centerfield type of safety that can create turnovers at opportune times. We had a huge problem creating turnovers in the secondary, so McDonald will definitely give us some help in that department.

With the 105th overall pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys select WR Aaron Dobson, Marshall.

[img]http://cache2.asset-cache.net/gc/153100100-aaron-dobson-of-the-marshall-thundering-herd-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QWFZPcAEq532%2FnPCC6rc4d48q2LzcJEyVaED5pF7ymi%2BXx%2FninJPltsSvdyntOWjIA%3D%3D[/img]

Quote:
A lot of people want to penalize Dobson for not playing in one of the top football conferences. That is fair, but we see a great receiver in Dobson. He has a big 6'2, 209 pound frame. He has big, strong hands and has the "my ball" mentality that we want in receivers. We have a lot of smaller guys like Danny Coale, Cole Beasley, and Dwayne Harris, so we wanted to get a bigger, possession receiver.

With the 122nd overall pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys select QB Mike Glennon, North Carolina State.

Quote:
Glennon is the kind of quarterback that we want to bring in the groom under Romo. He still needs some work with his mechanics and he needs time to add some weight to his long, 6'7 frame. He has tremendous tools, specifically a huge arm that you just cannot teach. We have a few concerns with Glennon, but we think that by spending a few years behind Romo, he will really benefit quite a bit. Has potential to be a fantastic player one day.

With the 169th overall pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys select HB Marcus Lattimore, South Carolina.

[img]http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/001/966/159/hi-res-128790021_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75[/img]

Quote:
Lattimore has had some terrible luck, and I can't say I blame him for declaring early despite a huge draft hit. Lattimore is the kind of player that you can take a risk on this late in the draft, however. His recent injury was just bad luck, there is nobody who can come out of that hit without a terrible injury. Lattimore runs hard, blocks well, and can receive out of the backfield. Lattimore and Murray are two backs with some injury history, but both are talented players, and would give us a ridiculously talented backfield.

With the 201st overall pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys select OLB Brandon Jenkins, Florida State.

Quote:
Like Lattimore, Jenkins' stock took a big hit when he got injured. And yet again, this is a risk that we are more than willing to take. Jenkins has the makings of a great SOLB, which we need now that Spencer is gone. He is a second or third round talent that slipped to the early sixth due to an unfortunate injury. We have had success with players like Jenkins in the past, so we are happy to have him in Dallas.

Notable UDFA's
Nick Florence QB Baylor
Richard Samuel FB Florida State
Marquise Goodwin WR Texas
Luke Marquardt OT Azusa Pacific
Joe Madsen OC West Virginia
Quinton Dial DE/DT Alabama
Broderick Brown CB Oklahoma State
Nigel Malone CB Kansas State

Idea of a Depth Chart:

QB: Tony Romo | Kyle Orton | Mike Glennon
RB: Demarco Murray | Marcus Lattimore | Lance Dunbar
FB: Lawrence Vickers
WR: Dez Bryant | Aaron Dobson | Cole Beasley
WR: Miles Austin | Dwayne Harris | Danny Coale
TE: Jason Witten | James Hanna | John Phillips
LT: Tyron Smith | Jeremy Parnell
LG: Andy Levitre | David Arkin
C: Kevin Kowalski | Ryan Cook
RG: Nate Livings | Mackenzy Bernadeau
RT: Eric Fisher | Robert Turner

DE: Jason Hatcher | Tyrone Crawford
NT: Johnathan Hankins | Josh Brent
DE: Sean Lissemore | Ben Bass
OLB: DeMarcus Ware | Alex Albright
ILB: Sean Lee | Dan Connor | Caleb McSurdy
ILB: Bruce Carter | Ernie Sims
OLB: Kyle Wilber | Brandon Jenkins
CB: Brandon Carr | Orlando Scandrick | Broderick Brown
S: T.J. McDonald | Danny McCray
S: Matt Johnson| Barry Church
CB: Morris Claiborne | Pat Lee

K: Dan Bailey
P: Brian Moorman
LS: L.P. Ladouceur
KR: Josh Cribbs

Idea of a Practice Squad:

QB Nick Florence
RB Jamize Olawale
WR Andre Holmes
FB Richard Samuel
OG Ron Leary
OC Joe Madsen
DE Quinton Dial

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Tha King

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Pretty nice throughout,love Hankins and the additions of Fisher/Levitre would be great.

Costa is a RFA so I see no reason to get rid of him just yet,he had an above average game against Baltimore and deserves a chance to prove himself next year.

Don't see Lattimore and Glennon lasting that long,Lattimore,although having serious injuries to both knees in two years is a near-elite talent when healthy,add that to his work ethic/great character and I see a team taking a chance on him somewhere around the 3rd round.Glennon could also go as early as the 3rd,possibly 2nd based on where the other QBs go.

All in all,this is looking pretty.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tha King wrote:
^ Pretty nice throughout,love Hankins and the additions of Fisher/Levitre would be great.

Costa is a RFA so I see no reason to get rid of him just yet,he had an above average game against Baltimore and deserves a chance to prove himself next year.

Don't see Lattimore and Glennon lasting that long,Lattimore,although having serious injuries to both knees in two years is a near-elite talent when healthy,add that to his work ethic/great character and I see a team taking a chance on him somewhere around the 3rd round.Glennon could also go as early as the 3rd,possibly 2nd based on where the other QBs go.

All in all,this is looking pretty.

Ah gotcha, I thought that Costa was a UFA. Good call on that.

Also, you never know with injured players, so I just threw them in for good measure. Depending on who declares (Bray, Murray, etc) Glennon may or may not slide

Rtnldave

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fredsnotdeadyet wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

Beg your pardon, you are correct. I was confusing the fact the we drafted Lee and Carter in the 2nd round. Thank you for correcting my english which stinks.

However, my point is till valid.
Tha King

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Spencer isn't resigned than OLB definitely becomes one of our major needs,maybe not as important as Offensive lineman but it's up there.I don't know about you,but I'm not comfortable with having Albright/Wilber starting opposite Ware... It doesn't have to be our first,but it should most definitely be a day 2 pick at the latest.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am loving the Robert Turner and Pat Lee additions. Cool

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
I am loving the Robert Turner and Pat Lee additions. Cool

Gotta give my assistant GM some love Wink

GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Shot at this!

Remaining Schedule:
5-6 Current Record
6-6 Beat Eagles
6-7 Loss to Bengals
6-8 Loss to Steelers(Assuming Ben is playing)
6-9 Loss to Saints
6-10 Loss to Redskins

Our own free agents and player moves:

Anthony Spencer- Won't have cap room to franchise. Gone.
Felix Jones- Goodbye.
Mike Jenkins- Won't have cap room to franchise. Gone.
Victor Butler- Goodbye.
John Phillips- Like to re-sign if extremely cheap 2-3yr contract.
Kevin Ogletree- Goodbye.
L.P. Ladouceur- re-sign.

Gerald Sensabaugh cut.
Doug Free significant restructure or released.
Dallas trades NT Jay Ratliff to Tampa Bay for their 3.20 pick

2013 Draft
6-10 Would put us at around the 10th pick.

10th value = 1300
Trade with team at 18th pick
1.18(900) +2.18(400)

1.18 Chance Warmack, G, Alabama
2.10 Barrett Jones, G/C/T, Alabama or Dallas Thomas, G/OT, Tennessee Both of these guys give us flexibility.
2.18 Brandon Jenkins, DE/OLB, Florida State
3.10 Zac Dysert, QB, Miami of Ohio
3.20 Bacarri Rambo, S, Georgia
4.10 Le'Veon Bell*, RB, Michigan State : Everyone thinks we need a speed back. Murray has been too injury prone for me. Rather have someone who can consistently get positive yards.
5.10 Kevin Reddick, ILB, North Carolina : Gives us a backup, after Connor leaves after the 2013 season.
6.10 Nigel Malone, CB, Kansas State : Slot corner.

Didn't include comp pick, because I still have a better understanding of Calculus than the comp pick process.
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
My Shot at this!

Remaining Schedule:
5-6 Current Record
6-6 Beat Eagles
6-7 Loss to Bengals
6-8 Loss to Steelers(Assuming Ben is playing)
6-9 Loss to Saints
6-10 Loss to Redskins

Our own free agents and player moves:

Anthony Spencer- Won't have cap room to franchise. Gone.
Felix Jones- Goodbye.
Mike Jenkins- Won't have cap room to franchise. Gone.
Victor Butler- Goodbye.
John Phillips- Like to re-sign if extremely cheap 2-3yr contract.
Kevin Ogletree- Goodbye.
L.P. Ladouceur- re-sign.

Gerald Sensabaugh cut.
Doug Free significant restructure or released.
Dallas trades NT Jay Ratliff to Tampa Bay for their 3.20 pick

2013 Draft
6-10 Would put us at around the 10th pick.

10th value = 1300
Trade with team at 18th pick
1.18(900) +2.18(400)

1.18 Chance Warmack, G, Alabama
2.10 Barrett Jones, G/C/T, Alabama or Dallas Thomas, G/OT, Tennessee Both of these guys give us flexibility.
2.18 Brandon Jenkins, DE/OLB, Florida State
3.10 Zac Dysert, QB, Miami of Ohio
3.20 Bacarri Rambo, S, Georgia
4.10 Le'Veon Bell*, RB, Michigan State : Everyone thinks we need a speed back. Murray has been too injury prone for me. Rather have someone who can consistently get positive yards.
5.10 Kevin Reddick, ILB, North Carolina : Gives us a backup, after Connor leaves after the 2013 season.
6.10 Nigel Malone, CB, Kansas State : Slot corner.

Didn't include comp pick, because I still have a better understanding of Calculus than the comp pick process.

OMG I FRICKIN LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!! Applause Awesome job G.D!!!! Not to mention we may be able to pick up some FA help as well, which you did address in your title.
ShineOnStar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A NEW MOCK 4 U

We finish the year at a highly disappointing 6-10.

Redball keeps his job, but turns over play calling duties to Callahan.

Big Resignings:
We resign Anthony Spencer to a 4 year deal. He costs alot of money, but is worth it based on how he has performed as of late.

Jenkins, Jones, and Costa leave down due to a combination of being obsolete, costing too much, and just plain being untalented.

We shake a few contracts (Romo, Carr) to clear some more cap space and put ourselves in position to sign some people.

Free agent signings:

Jarius Byrd, S, 5 years
I absolutely hate the Bills, so I make a point to watch their games. And I have grown to hate this guy. He is a huge playmaker and can at the very least compete for a safety position. Not the best in coverage, but not terrible.

Quentin Jammer, CB, 2 years
Jammer may be 34, but he can still play as out nickel corner. He has nice talent and can help fill Jenkin's gap.

Josh Cribbs, WR, 3 years
Can play as our slot WR

Draft!

Round 1 (10): Johnathan Hankins, NT/DE
Now, our defensive line might choose to do something instead of having all the work on Ware and Spencer! He is a fit for both NT and DE positions, particularly in our case NT, and we should see a much improved pass rush no matter what. (BQ: what do you think Hankins would play for us?)

Round 2 (41): Barret Jones, OC/OG
We pull off a great pick from a deep draft class. Jones and Warmack both went in the first round, and both fir our scheme better, but Jones is a great consolation prize. He will likely play center for us, with the release of Costa.

Round 3 (73): Larry Warford, OG
We continue to rebuild our crappy O-Line. Warford is a huge guard taht excels in run blocking and is good in pass blocking. He can play RG next to Free and hopefully help sure up that right side.

Round 4 (105): Knile Davis, HB
A big power back to send in on short yardage situations. He also provides excellent depth behind the oft-injured Murray.

Round 5 (138): Kyle Long, OT
We have NO depth at OT. Long has awesome size for a tackle. He can keep the O-Line alive in the case of a bad injury.

Round 6 (169): Baker Steinkuhler, DE
Stein has experience in a 3-4 defensive set. He is not a huge playmaker, but is stout and solid. His talents are very good for what his role would be on our team when he does play.
cowboys321

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st rd targets- Chance Warmack G Bama/ Barrett Jones C/G Bama/

Jonathan Cooper G UNC/ John Jenkins NT UGA/

Sam Montgomery DE LSU

2nd rd targets- Larry Warford G KY/ Margus Hunt DE SMU /

Tony Jefferson S Oklahoma/ Khaled Holmes C USC

John Simon DE Ohio State

3rd rd targets- Brandon Jenkins OLB FSU/ Omoregie Uzzi OG GT/

Will Sutton DT/DE Arizona St/ Mike Glennon QB N.C. State/

Bacarri Rambo S Georgia

4th rd targets- Kenny Stills WR Oklahoma/ Alvin Bailey G ARK/

Ryan Swope WR Tex A&M/ Datone Jones DE UCLA/

Eddie Lacy RB Bama

5th rd targets- Melvin White CB Louisiana-Lafayette/ Graham Pocic C Illinois/

B.W. Webb CB William&Mary/ D.J. Swearinger S South Carolina

Vince Williams LB FSU

6th rd targets- Damione Square DE Bama/ Brandon Jones CB/S Rutgers

Cory Grissom DT South FLA/ Alonzo Highsmith OLB Arkansas

Rod Sweeting CB Georgia Tech

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 23 of 58

Jump to: