Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Draft Thread - 1st page Updated with current roster.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 56, 57, 58  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does everyone think of Dallas propensity to gamble on injured prospects?

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

I mean, its bound to bite you in the butt eventually. At the same time, it could be a huge reward

Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
DaBoys

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

I mean, its bound to bite you in the butt eventually. At the same time, it could be a huge reward

Jerry made his money by taking huge risks and trading. It's kinda in his blood to do things like that. What do I think about it? If we are winning super bowls then I don't care, but it's easy to not like it when we have a losing record and injured prospect guys like Lee, Carter, and Murray are all out.

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

I love it.
DaBoys

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKDALfan wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

I love it.

Laughing

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
CT Cowboy Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fredsnotdeadyet wrote:

Well you are right John Phillips is a FA this season and Hanna doesn't get any playing time since he got a TD. I could actually see us drafting a TE. ILB and STs as well.

If Te'o is there with the first pick maybe we draft him. ILB from ND not sure if I spelled his name right

I was thinking of doing a mock offseason where we take Teo in the 1st and switch to a 4-3. SOLB - Lee, ILB - Teo, WOLB - Carter would be a pretty nasty backer core in the 4-3.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

Its definitely a risk/reward thing. You tend to get great value in guys, but then run the risk of the staying injured their whole careers. It comes down to really evaluating what type of injuries they've had and if they are ones likely to reoccur.

A guy that fits that mold for this year would be Brandon Jenkins. Any interest in him as an OLB?

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Injuries are part of the game, thats a fact. But if a college player shows a propencity for injury, if he is often on the sideline in a walking boot or cast of some sort, then it would stand to reason that is where you will find him in his NFL career. Some players are simply injury prone, its that simple.

Jerry thinks he is being slick by getting a 1st round bargin in the 2nd or 3rd round because said player has a history of injuries and his stock dropped. How is working out so far?

Simple, when the injury-prone players are onthe field, they are lights out. He was correct about their ability to play. However, THEY CAN"T STAY ON THE FRICKIN FIELD!

So how in the world does that help this team????

It has to be thee must frustrating scenario I have witnessed in my time as a Cowboys fan. I find myself constantly saying to my Iggle friends: "Yeah, injuries happen, but next year so and so will be healthy and we should be able to make a run."

Trouble is, with Jerry's approach, next year never comes. Every year is simply a repeat of the last year, and the year before that, and the year before that, etc, etc, etc.

To answer your question, I hate it!
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

Its definitely a risk/reward thing. You tend to get great value in guys, but then run the risk of the staying injured their whole careers. It comes down to really evaluating what type of injuries they've had and if they are ones likely to reoccur.

A guy that fits that mold for this year would be Brandon Jenkins. Any interest in him as an OLB?

Nope! That position is the least of our needs.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rtnldave wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

You sure about that? I would bet good money that if Anthony Spencer doesn't return, that we don't have many more needs than OLB. It would trump just about everything other than OL.

But to answer CTID, yes, I would love Jenkins. Might be a good guy to take in the 4th or 5th round, much like we did with Chris Canty a few years back

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rtnldave wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

As flyingmonkey said, if we don't resign Spencer, it becomes an enormous need. One that would require addressing in the first 3 rounds for sure.

And FM, do you think he lasts that long?

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

As flyingmonkey said, if we don't resign Spencer, it becomes an enormous need. One that would require addressing in the first 3 rounds for sure.

So then why are we carrying guys like Alex Albright, Orie Lemon, Victor Butler, etc. This 3/4 defense seems to be predicated on having an inordinate amount of LB's. It seems like every year we are in dire need of a frickin' LB! That sucks. I mean, last year we drafted 2 of them! 2 LB's and 0 O linemen. Oh yeah I forgot, the hobbled, busted knee saviour, old dolly bell what's his face, who can't even get on the darn field! Yeah that works.

Problem with continually drafting LB's early is OUR O LINE SUCKS!!!!! In case you haven't taken notice. How about this, how bout we draft a solid NT that can penetrate the middle thus giving more opportunity to the DE's thus giving a decent LB and a stud (Ware) a better chance of doing their jobs well.

IMO, the LB position is not the problem, with or without Spencer, the D line sucks! We get no pressure up front and we haven't done a damn thing in the draft or FA to address it. This team, and some people on this site, are LB/CB happy. That's all you ever want to draft thinking it will solve our problems. NEWS FLASH-IT WONT! It hasn't in 5 years! Why do you think it will chnage now? Wasn't Spencer a 1st round pick? Wasn't Kyle Wilber a 2nd round pick? If we lose Spencer, we should already have his replacement in Wilber.

The 1 constant in this teams miserable existance for the past 2 decades is that we have virtually ignored the trenches when it comes to drafting early. And look where we are year in and year out. So your answer is what? DRAFT ANOTHER LB???!!! OMG, do you see a pattern here? One that isn't working???
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

Easily. Would have likely been a 2nd rounder last year

cowboys321

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Barrett Jones C Bama

2. Larry Warford OG Kentucky

3. Brandon Jenkins OLB FSU

4. Mike Glennon QB NC State

5. Kenny Stills WR Oklahoma

6. Damion Square DT/DE Bama
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cowboys321 wrote:
1. Barrett Jones C Bama

2. Larry Warford OG Kentucky

3. Brandon Jenkins OLB FSU

4. Mike Glennon QB NC State

5. Kenny Stills WR Oklahoma

6. Damion Square DT/DE Bama

I can dig that

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 22 of 58

Jump to: