Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Draft Thread - 1st page Updated with current roster.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 56, 57, 58  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trenches. Period. Gimme...

1.) OG - Barrett Jones/Jonathon Cooper
2.) DT/NT - Kawann Short/Sylvester Williams
3.) C - Mario Benavides
4.) FS - Daimion Stafford

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
htfryar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:

3.) C - Mario Benavides

Jones looks so good at Center, why would you not put him there and then draft an OG later on? The C is the QB of the o-line. Seems to me that the higher pick should be used on the more important position.

Homer Simpson wrote:
Beer, the cause of, and solution to all of life’s problems.
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:

3.) C - Mario Benavides

Jones looks so good at Center, why would you not put him there and then draft an OG later on? The C is the QB of the o-line. Seems to me that the higher pick should be used on the more important position.

I agree. If we go Guard in the 1st, I want Warmack.

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
Desperado82

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have confidence that Arkin is going to develop into a starter, so if available, I want Barrett Jones. I doubt we'd go OL in back-to-back rounds, and I think the OL depth is better in this draft at OG than at center.

I think we could grab Jones in the 1st, take a DL or some other position in the 2nd, then go back to the OL and grab someone like Braden Hansen out of BYU or Alvin Bailey from Arkansas in round three.

^^^mack
Tony7188

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
I have confidence that Arkin is going to develop into a starter, so if available, I want Barrett Jones. I doubt we'd go OL in back-to-back rounds, and I think the OL depth is better in this draft at OG than at center.

I think we could grab Jones in the 1st, take a DL or some other position in the 2nd, then go back to the OL and grab someone like Braden Hansen out of BYU or Alvin Bailey from Arkansas in round three.

If Barrett Jones is there when we pick, we should go DL and then Matt Elam in the 3rd.

I think it all depends on what we do with Anthony Spencer. I can see Dallas letting him walk, meaning that we could have to make a move (in FA or draft) for a new OLB.

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
ChiefMoccanooga

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Te'o is available we would be crazy to pass up. Sadly, at this rate he may be there in the top 10.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChiefMoccanooga wrote:
If Te'o is available we would be crazy to pass up. Sadly, at this rate he may be there in the top 10.

Just curious, how so? I think we are pretty set at ILB. If no other good options are there for us, I would rather just trade back.

Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My way-early-and-still-a-work-in-progress mock.

If you don't know how I do mocks - understand I don't accept the "that player will never fall that far" as a logical answer. The honest answer is you have no idea where he will be drafted and I don't either. Top prospects fall every year, and no-name players rise. It happens.

Re-Sign
D. McCray signs Tender
B. Church signs Tender
Ladouceur signs 3 year deal

Let's Go
M. Jenkins signs with Atlanta
A. Spencer signs with Indianapolis
F. Jones signs with Tampa

FA Signing
Jairus Byrd - Our Big FA signing. This is in aim of solidifying our secondary.

Pat Lee - Becomes our Dime CB, has plenty of experience, AND is a great ST contributor.

1. Star Lotulelei DT, Utah
2. Jonathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina
3. Demontre Moore, OLB, Texas A&M
4. John Boyett, S, Oregon
5. James Ferentz, C, Iowa
6. Collin Klein, QB, K-State
7. Traded for Ryan Cook

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

If you don't know how I do mocks - understand I don't accept the "that player will never fall that far" as a logical answer. The honest answer is you have no idea where he will be drafted and I don't either. Top prospects fall every year, and no-name players rise. It happens.

Re-Sign
D. McCray signs Tender
B. Church signs Tender

Let's Go

FA Signing

Pat Lee - Becomes our Dime CB, has plenty of experience, AND is a great ST contributor.

7. Traded for Ryan Cook

Solid, I really like Moore a lot. Could have a Von Miller type rise

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Ace5

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

Re-Sign
D. McCray signs Tender
B. Church signs Tender

Let's Go

FA Signing

7. Traded for Ryan Cook

You had me at ladouceur. GOAT mock right here.
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crap. I just realized that would give us a depth chart of 5 S. Which I do not want. Sad Sad

I will have to go and re-work the draft at a later point.

In Redball I Trust!
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd probably rethink the James Ferentz pick too...at least in the 5th rd. I don't think he goes that high. Solid bloodlines and he is a smart player, but his size will likely hurt him. He's listed at 284, but I would bet is closer to 270 mark.

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, Boyett could probably be had a round later. He is injured, plus the safety depth is looking to be pretty deep

flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright round two for me. I'm not doing a whole story, but this is what would happen if I were hired as GM starting...now.

**The Cowboys are 3-4 at the deadline**

Week 8 Trade Deadline

The Dallas Cowboys trade CB Mike Jenkins and a 5th round draft pick to the Minnesota Vikings in exchange for a 2nd round draft pick.

Flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Honestly, sitting at 3-4, we think we are still in a position to compete for the division. It is a tight race that I think we can honestly win. We weren't going into the deadline as buyers or sellers. However, the Vikings are in a thick race of their own, and they apparently felt that they are a cornerback away from winning their division. After speaking with Mike's agent, we don't think we were going to be able to re-sign him after the season. We thank Mike for everything he has given to this organization, but the Vikings made us an offer we couldn't refuse. If I am committed to helping this team win for the future, this was a move I had to make. But it was not an easy decision.

**Assuming the draft order stays the same as it is right now, the Vikings pick would be pick 57. The Cowboys have the 11th pick.**

The Offseason

Quote:
Not only am I committed to helping this team win in the future, but we still have a couple of runs up our sleeves with the current core group. We have identified our immediate and long term needs, and we are going into the offseason looking to address those needs. The $5 million that we lost is going to hurt, but we feel that we can still manipulate the cap to work in our favor.

Free Agency

Re-Signed

LS L.P. Ladouceur
LB Orie Lemon
S Danny McCray
TE John Phillips
OLB Victor Butler
S Barry Church
DE Kenyon Coleman

Released/Not returning

OLB Anthony Spencer
QB Rudy Carpenter
RB Felix Jones
C Phil Costa
OG Derrick Dockery
S Eric Frampton
P Brian Moorman
WR Kevin Ogletree
C Ryan Cook
OG Mackenzy Bernadeau

Quote:
We tried very hard to bring back Spencer. We really did. Unfortunately, we could not work out the dollars. Other teams were offering him contracts that were bigger than we were willing to spend. We did not want to commit to six year deals worth over $40 million. It just wasn't happening for us. We are very happy for Anthony, and wish him the best of luck going forward.

Free Agency

S Jairus Byrd signed to a five year deal worth $36M

Quote:
The safety position has been a disaster in Dallas ever since Darren Woodson retired. My top priority in free agency was to sign a playmaking safety, and we got one. Buffalo decided to slap the tag on Andy Levitre, so we made a play for Byrd. Our secondary was much improved, but we did not force many turnovers. Byrd is the kind of player that can take away half the field, and needs to be accounted for at all times. Because if he isn't, the ball could very well be going the other way, which is exactly what we need. We felt that a deal that was comparable to Eric Weddle would be sufficient.

CB Cedric Griffin signed a two year deal worth $3.5M

Quote:
There is no doubt that Griffin is a talented player. He has just had some really bad luck with his knees. We aren't expecting Cedric to come in here and set the world on fire, but we think that he will bring a veteran presence as our number four corner. I am confident that Orlando Scandrick will continue to play at a high level in the slot.

The Draft

The Dallas Cowboys have traded the 11th overall pick (1250 points) to the Miami Dolphins for the 17th and 49th overall picks (1360 points).

Quote:
We are feeling pretty confident that one of the two main players that we are targeting will be available at 17 overall, and they would be a reach at 11. We feel that we will be in great position with three 2nd round picks. It gives us flexibility to move up or down in the draft. Miami moved up to select Justin Hunter out of Tennessee.

With the 17th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys select OL Barrett Jones, Alabama.

Quote:
Jones is a player that we really coveted in this draft, and we are ecstatic that he fell to the 17th pick. We took a risk, and it panned out. We like Jones' versatility, but we think we are going to plug him in at center from day one. He is an intelligent young man, and we believe that he has the potential to be a top five interior lineman in the game very soon. By adding Jones, we now have two great, young centerpieces to our offensive line. Look for us to add one more guy, so we can really have a strong, young nucleus going forward.

With the 43rd pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys select NT Jonathan Jenkins, Georgia.

Quote:
Fortunately for us, the nose tackle class this year is stacked, and Jon Jenkins fell to us early in the 2nd round. Coach Ryan and I have talked about moving Ratliff over the end in order to prolong his career with us, and Jenkins is the massive nose tackle that Ryan wanted to replace Ratliff. Jenkins will really help us stop the run, but he is improving every day as a pass rusher. He was one of the best players on a tough Georgia defense this past season, and brings an attitude that we want here in Dallas.

With the 49th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys select OG Jonathan Cooper, North Carolina.

Quote:
Coach Callahan wants athletic linemen. There may not be a more athletic lineman in the class. Jonathan Cooper fits the mold that we are looking for in a left guard. This move allows us to do multiple things right off the bat. First, we can start running a hurry up offense. Second, we can move Livings over the right guard. And third, we will have one of the youngest left sides of the line in the NFL. We look forward to seeing them grow as a unit together. Offensive line was my number one priority for the draft, and we are on the right track.

The Dallas Cowboys have traded the 57th overall pick (330 points) to the Carolina Panthers for the 70th and 102nd overall picks (332 points).

With the 70th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys select LB Chase Thomas, Stanford.

Quote:
One of the reasons we felt we could let Spencer go was because we needed a pass rushing threat opposite of Ware. Thomas could be a special player in this league given his talent and work ethic. He is a smart player who can pick up on the system quickly. We fully expect Thomas to start at outside linebacker opposite Ware this coming season. Not only that, but we expect him to have a huge impact. Thomas is getting overlooked because of prospects with "higher upside". I'm telling you, watch out for this kid.

With the 75th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys select WR Tavon Austin, West Virginia.

Quote:
Shame on anyone who says that this kid is too small to play in the NFL. He already plays with a chip on his shoulder, and now he is about to show 31 NFL teams that they made a mistake by passing on him for bigger receivers. The Cowboys have lacked a true playmaker at wide receiver for quite some time. We have a couple of big guys who are very, very talented. But we lack that big play, explosive player that Austin is. Austin is already one of the fastest players in the league, and he hasn't even suited up yet.

With the 102nd pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys select S Matt Elam, Florida.

Quote:
Elam declared thinking that he was going to be a mid 2nd round pick, but a poor showing at the combine led to his falling. We couldn't be happier, as we nearly took him in the third round. Fortunately, Elam doesn't have to start for us right away. He can learn behind Gerald, and take over when his time comes. We are looking forward to a safety duo of Matt Elam and Jairus Byrd in the future.

With the 107th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys select RB Kenjon Barner, Oregon.

Quote:
Kenjon Barner is going to be the guy the Felix Jones never was. We want him to come in and be the third down guy. We need a burner who can change the pace of the football game, and we think that Barner compliments Demarco Murray perfectly. He comes from Oregon, so you know that he has plenty of speed. However, his job is not going to be given out to him on a silver platter. We have a plethora of good backs, including Phillip Tanner, Lance Dunbar, and Olawale. If he wants a spot, he needs to earn it, and we think he will.

With the 171st pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys select QB Jordan Rodgers, Vanderbilt.

Quote:
Jordan Rodgers may not be on the same level as his brother, Aaron, but he is a great quarterback in his own right. It is about time that we give a younger guy a shot to take over in a few years for Romo. He has a very similar play style to Romo, which we like a lot. He is the perfect project player for us to groom going forward.

Draft Recap:

17th Pick: Barrett Jones OL Alabama
43rd Pick: Jonathan Jenkins NT Georgia
49th Pick: Jonathan Cooper OG North Carolina
70th Pick: Chase Thomas OLB Stanford
75th Pick: Tavon Austin WR West Virginia
102nd Pick: Matt Elam S Florida
107th Pick: Kenjon Barner RB Oregon
171st Pick: Jordan Rodgers QB Vanderbilt

Well this one was fun. Obviously, a lot can change between now and the offseason. Just wanted to have fun with this one. The draft order was based off of what the current draft order would be right now, which has us picking 11th. I think in that scenario, it is highly likely that we move back. I like what I came up with here, as I brought in guys that can help both today and for the future.

Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love everything but Tavon Austin.

In Redball I Trust!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 7 of 58

Jump to: