Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Draft Thread - 1st page Updated with current roster.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 56, 57, 58  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Runaway Jim wrote:
I like the trade down to pick up an extra third, but I would turn around and package that with our second and a 2014 pick to move back into the first.

1. Chance Warmack G Alabama
1. Barrett Jones C Alabama
3. Ricky Wagner OT Wisconsin
4. Mike Glennon QB NC State
5. Ray Graham RB Pittsburgh
6. Rod Sweeting CB Georgia Tech

I would tag Spencer again, try to re-sign Jenkins, and let Felix and Ogletree walk.

That is a pipe dream and one that I would LOVE to see happen. Getting Warmack and Jones would be too good to be true. Too bad Jerry would never allow 2 offensive lineman to be taken with our first two picks Crying or Very sad

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
Calvert28

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lmao I can't believe more people aren't laughing at this thread. A few months ago I read many posts that the OL was addressed in FA when asked why didn't address it in the draft. Not every other draft I see in this thread has 2 or 3 linemen taken in the first 4 rounds. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sciz wrote:
The sarcastic comments are getting old. We already dislike you. Don't make it worse.
LIES!
Ace5

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Runaway Jim wrote:
I like the trade down to pick up an extra third, but I would turn around and package that with our second and a 2014 pick to move back into the first.

I would tag Spencer again, try to re-sign Jenkins, and let Felix and Ogletree walk.

That is a pipe dream and one that I would LOVE to see happen. Getting Warmack and Jones would be too good to be true. Too bad Jerry would never allow 2 offensive lineman to be taken with our first two picks Crying or Very sad

And so we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvert28 wrote:
Lmao I can't believe more people aren't laughing at this thread. A few months ago I read many posts that the OL was addressed in FA when asked why didn't address it in the draft. Not every other draft I see in this thread has 2 or 3 linemen taken in the first 4 rounds. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Well, it was addressed. Just not well

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Runaway Jim wrote:

I love the couple of trades made here! Also love the idea of resigning Spencer and Jenkins. However, I would put a rangy FS (which we have NEVER had) as a pretty high priority, making that my 3rd or 4th rd pick. I'm good with Romo for the next 5-6 years, so using a 4th on a QB would just be a waste IMO.
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to give this a shot, albeit a relatively unresearched one. Don't feel like its early enough in the CFB season to tell who will be rising to the occasions once conference play really gets going. But here goes:

- Anthony Spencer is not resigned. We simply can't give him the money he wants.

- Mike Jenkins is not resigned either. See reasoning above.

Round 1, #16: Traded to San Diego for pick #22 and their 3rd and 5th rd. picks.

Round 1, #22: Barrett Jones - G/C, Alabama - Solidifies our Center position for years to come and definitely fits Garretts' RKG mold.

Round 2, #49: Alex Okafor - DE/OLB, Texas - He probably won't make it this far, but crazy things happen on draft day and he would give Wilber some competition for the starting OLB spot opposite of Ware.

Round 3: Jesse Williams - DT/DE, Alabama - Another RKG. Raw, but has enormous power and surprising quickness for his size. Would probably play a 5-technique but could easily slide inside at NT.

Round 3 (from SD): Landry Jones - QB, Oklahoma - I see him free falling on draft day. He's already had a mediocre season this year and I wouldn't take him before the 3rd round, but his physical tools and potential (not to mention his name) is too much to pass up on this late.

Round 4: Gabe Jackson - OG, Missippi St. - Gives us another guy to compete for a Guard spot. He is athletic and would blend well with the type of Lineman we are looking for.

Round 5: Jake Knott - ILB, Iowa St. - Dan Connor just doesn't do it for me. Knott is second fiddle to AJ Klein at Iowa St. but is an instinctive and physical LB. Not the most athletic but is always around the football.

Round 5 (from SD): Demontre Hurst - CB, Oklahoma - Competition for the 4th CB spot with Jenkins gone.

Round 6: Eric Ward - WR, Texas Tech - Ok, this is my homer pick for my draft. But it is totally warranted IMO. He is one of the most physical WR in the country I believe and is an amazing blocker. Solid hands, good size. All he does is catch TDs. If I'm going to compare him to a former NFL player, it would be Hines Ward. Their games resemble each other (and they have the same last name!) greatly.

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
Desperado82

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fourth round added

Round 1, Pick #14: Star Lotulelei DT, Utah
(Pick Before: Terrance Williams WR, Baylor Pick After: Taylor Lewan OT, Michigan)

Round 2, Pick #45: Khaled Holmes C, USC
(Pick Before: Arthur Brown OLB, Kansas State Pick After: Justin Gilbert CB, Oklahoma State)

Round 3, Pick #76: Aaron Murray QB, Georgia
(Pick Before: Shawn Williams SS, Georgia Pick After: Cornelius Carradine DE, Florida State)

Round 4, Pick #107: Alvin Bailey T/G, Arkansas
(Pick Before: Justin Pugh OT, Syracuse Pick After: Marcus Davis WR, Virginia Tech)

^^^Deadpulse
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Des. You win. I'm sold. Star Lotulelei bandwagon, CHOO CHOO!

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Ace5

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

If there's anything less likely in the first round for this team than an interior O-lineman, it's a DT. Take whatever the fans want, and don't pick it. Now, fans are often wrong, and the people who make the picks are paid to be right as often as they can, so its not always a bad thing that this happens. Doesn't mean I hold any hope for a DT, OG or C.
JWingate

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we don't re-sign Spencer.
JWingate wrote:

1. Robert Lester, S, Alabama
2. Dion Jordan, LB, Oregon
3. James Ferentz, C, Iowa
4. Blaze Foltz, OG, TCU
5. Christine Michael, RB, Texas A&M
6. Jordan Rodgers, QB, Vanderbilt
7. Traded for Ryan Cook

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ace5 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

If there's anything less likely in the first round for this team than an interior O-lineman, it's a DT. Take whatever the fans want, and don't pick it. Now, fans are often wrong, and the people who make the picks are paid to be right as often as they can, so its not always a bad thing that this happens. Doesn't mean I hold any hope for a DT, OG or C.

Nobody thought we'd take a tackle in the top ten either.

And T_O, I see you were watching the Utah v. USC game Laughing

^^^Deadpulse
Tha King

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would love to have Star on this team,but I doubt we're in his range(top 10) come draft day.So comes the question,how would people feel if we did a similar deal this draft that we had with Claiborne,Star slips to the 6-9 range and we trade our 2nd and move up from the mid-teens?

Personally,I'm not sure how I feel about it.Star would provide us that pass rush in the middle that we've so desperately needed,but it would again not allow us to per-sue a top-tier Guard/Center,and with there being little to no help in Free Agency,I'm not sure I'd be willing to take the risk of hoping our current guys(Although I'm still hopeful Kevin Kowalski can become something) or a 3rd/4th rounder is ready to start for us next year.
DaBoys

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you guys seeing Star as a 5 tech? He certainly seems to have the burst to do so. His size suggests NT though. With Ratliff and Brent, NT is one of the most solidified positions on the team.

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
CT Cowboy Fan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star looks like a man amongst boys out there. I've watch 3 of his games so far and I'm sold. Reminds me a lot of Ngata, not only because of the Samoan decent but they physically look and play alike. He lives in the backfield, always gets a good push, I even saw him drop back into coverage and make an open field tackle on a WR last night. At 6'4" 330 that pretty impressive. As far as playing him at NT or the 5 tech, I say move him around much like the Raven do Ngata. Ryan (if he's here) loves multiplicity, and Star would give him that across the Dline. I wouldn't do another Claiborne trade to land him because we have other glaring needs at Oline that can't go unaddressed yet another season. But if he somehow slid into our laps I think we'd be hard pressed not to take him, I mean c'mon his name is Star!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CT Cowboy Fan wrote:
I wouldn't do another Claiborne trade to land him because we have other glaring needs at Oline that can't go unaddressed yet another season. But if he somehow slid into our laps I think we'd be hard pressed not to take him, I mean c'mon his name is Star!

That's pretty much why I want him. He isn't just strictly an NT and like I mentioned before, has drawn comparisons to Ngata. He's a versatile player capable of playing either NT or DE. And as much as I like Ratliff, he isn't getting any younger.

Lotulelei would give us an elite threat on the DL (think Watt). If he slides into the mid-teens, and we're picking there, he has to be the pick. We could always use a 2nd to address the OL. However, after watching him last night, I think those concerns of him being overrated that I had heard are bogus and have a hard time believing he'd slide out of the top ten.

^^^Deadpulse

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 2 of 58

Jump to: