Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Monday Night Football - Week 5: Texans @ Jets GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What will be the game result?
Texans win big
63%
 63%  [ 12 ]
Texans win close
36%
 36%  [ 7 ]
Jets win big
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Jets win close
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 19

green24

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
DRC29 INT wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
Texans: 30
Jets: 17

I'd be stunned if you guys gave up 17 points to that offense.

For some reason I think we are going to give up that many points to the Jets. Just my gut feeling. Laughing

I'm trying to think of how the Jets would score those points. Unless Stephen Hill returns this week, the Jets' only WRs are Jeremy Kerley, Chaz Schilens, and Clyde Gates. I don't see Shonn Greene running for anything in this game. Dustin Keller might return though. Maybe Bilal Powell or Jonathan Grimes break out.
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
DRC29 INT wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:

For some reason I think we are going to give up that many points to the Jets. Just my gut feeling. Laughing

I'm trying to think of how the Jets would score those points. Unless Stephen Hill returns this week, the Jets' only WRs are Jeremy Kerley, Chaz Schilens, and Clyde Gates. I don't see Shonn Greene running for anything in this game. Dustin Keller might return though. Maybe Bilal Powell or Jonathan Grimes break out.

Tate fumble and Coples return it for a TD, Tebow rushing TD, and a FG. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
green24 wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
DRC29 INT wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:

Tate fumble and Coples return it for a TD, Tebow rushing TD, and a FG. Laughing

I would love if Coples did something like that. He looked very good last game, but he hasn't been getting enough snaps. I really want to see Grimes score against his former team. Laughing
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I always worry a bit about teams in the Jets situation as as bad as they looked, those are still pro football players over there and Rex will have their undivided attention for 7 days in practice. Their jobs and pride are on the line while the Texans are sitting with a 3 game lead on the division. I watched a Jets team featuring a reach of a rookie QB and rookie Head Coach absolutely punch the Texans in the mouth in 2009 in one of the most pathetic defeats in franchise history as far as I'm concerned & certainly Kubiak's worst hour with a woefully unprepared team. That wasn't exactly a stacked team either as the likes of Jericho Cotchery and Chansi Stuckey burned Brice McCain and Glover Quin and Thomas Jones and Leon Washington ran over a team featuring Cushing, Cody, Barwin, and Antonio Smith for almost 200 yards. As for the offense, the swat from Kris Jenkins says it all.

Sure, the Texans are a very different team from that one that had Steve Slaton racking up 17 yards and Chris Brown 15 and JJ Watt is the one delivering the swats these days, but I doubt many had the Vikings thumping the Lions last week, Chiefs beating Saints the week before and so on. Any given Sunday, especially on the road and against a wounded team on national TV with a team like ours that hasn't exactly experienced life on top very often. Yes, we should thump the Jets and it would behoove us to get up early and crush any remaining spirit and get the Tebow chants rolling, but we better not be thinking we'll walk into any stadium and not face a fight. We need to continue playing like grown ups and put the bad teams away because the following two weeks get really tough with Green Bay and Balt and 4-0 can become 4-3 before we know it.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two words: Te-bow.

Jets roll, 41-7. Texans get routed on national TV, Stuart Scott says something annoyingly dumb, Chris Berman innundates us with constant "WHOOP!!!" sound effects, I can't even watch the game because the wife and I will be watching Homeland On Demand (it's a pretty boss show, you should check it out) Plaxico Burress shoots himself again, Rex Ryan comes out with a Megaphone ala some WWE star and talks trash to everyone in the post game presser, Shonn Greene goes for 302 and 4 TDs (while sitting on my damn bench) and...Te-bow.

Yet another reminder to me why national TV games suck, IMO. Just play us at 4:00 every Sunday. I can get things DONE when it's 4:00 on Sunday. You start messing with the time, I can't watch. If I can't watch, I get angry. When I get angry, I cry. Yes, I cry. I'm man enough to admit that. Don't you judge me, plebians. I'll tell my mom.

ET80, OUT!

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor Jets, Santonio has the dreaded Lisfranc injury.

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
11 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 2 ff
kenney

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:

Geez. There was question whether Schaub would be able to play again after his, and he's only a quarterback.

Holmes might be looking at a career-ending injury Shocked
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Revis, No Problem. The Jets still have a good CB in Cromartie and he will be on AJ all game long. For what ever reason it seems that if AJ has a decent CB playing him then Schaub doesn't even look at him.

So Matt Schaub i know your out there, and ET80 i know your really Gary Kubiak, so listen up! 76 Yards!!!! 1st and 10 from the 20, throw it deep to Andre! 4th and inches on the 50, throw it deep to Andre! 1st and goal at the 2, run a punt formation, tell the QB to sprint backwards 30 yards and throw it deep to Andre!

I know all coaches and players will tell you that they dont pay attention to stuff like this, but lets get Andre his 10,000 on Monday Night Football in the largest media network in the country.

all in all i think the texans are too strong for the Jets, but lets not forget the Jets did destroy the bills and they somehow managed to outgun Ryan Tannehill. they rank bottom 3rd in offense and are 31st in rush defense. They do rank 4th in pass Defense but without Revis that takes a hit

Texans win a closer game than it should be 20-14

2014 Adopt-A-Texan
Andre Johnson
6 catches 93 yards
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Stephen Hill, Santonio Holmes and Dustin Keller all possibly out or limited, i kinda get scared thinking a lot of Tim Tebow, Shon Greene and Joe McKight might be a bad thing (see Chris Johnson)

2014 Adopt-A-Texan
Andre Johnson
6 catches 93 yards
DreDay80

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to see Andre go up against Revis, even though Revis would probably end up winning the match-up once again. Crying or Very sad
green24

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
With Stephen Hill, Santonio Holmes and Dustin Keller all possibly out or limited, i kinda get scared thinking a lot of Tim Tebow, Shon Greene and Joe McKight might be a bad thing (see Chris Johnson)

Joe McKnight is a CB now. You should not be scared of Shonn Greene, he is averaging 2.8 YPC this season. Even though Greene is the starter, Bilal Powell is probably the best RB on the team.
bunnyracin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:

that word will always make me sick

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
Two words: Te-bow.

Jets roll, 41-7. Texans get routed on national TV, Stuart Scott says something annoyingly dumb, Chris Berman innundates us with constant "WHOOP!!!" sound effects, I can't even watch the game because the wife and I will be watching Homeland On Demand (it's a pretty boss show, you should check it out) Plaxico Burress shoots himself again, Rex Ryan comes out with a Megaphone ala some WWE star and talks trash to everyone in the post game presser, Shonn Greene goes for 302 and 4 TDs (while sitting on my damn bench) and...Te-bow.

Yet another reminder to me why national TV games suck, IMO. Just play us at 4:00 every Sunday. I can get things DONE when it's 4:00 on Sunday. You start messing with the time, I can't watch. If I can't watch, I get angry. When I get angry, I cry. Yes, I cry. I'm man enough to admit that. Don't you judge me, plebians. I'll tell my mom.

ET80, OUT!

I can't believe the NFL would mess with the schedule of APeterson_Texan. Shocked Evil or Very Mad

I'm going to be unable to watch the game as well, but I'm not sure if that's really a bad thing for me.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple of key things which might not rear it's head this week maybe for next, but

1) Who plays the role of out highly used 3rd safety, Ball, Keo, or Nolan?

2) What do we do if Tate can't go this week? Does Kub trust Forsett or do we continue to pile on carries to Arians workload.

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
11 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 2 ff
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Couple of key things which might not rear it's head this week maybe for next, but

1) Who plays the role of out highly used 3rd safety, Ball, Keo, or Nolan?

2) What do we do if Tate can't go this week? Does Kub trust Forsett or do we continue to pile on carries to Arians workload.

1. I hope we use Nolan when a 3rd Safety has to come in. Frankly Ball and Keo have no business on this team.
2. I think Kubiak trusts Forsett if Tate can't play. We've got to start lightening Arians workload and keep him rested for the playoffs.

Texans - 27
Jets - 13

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: