Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Why the NFC North is the Best Division
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
th87

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay Cutler's personality thing is way overblown. He just doesn't wild out like Favre did. Who cares.

Rodgers has been a little less accurate than he is capable of, true. He reportedly has a stronger arm this year, so maybe he just needs to get used to the cannon again.
TearsOfPurple

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Right, so if Cutler's line cant block for him and he is getting slammed to the ground, your saying he wont chew his line out like he usually does. Or ignore his offensive coordinator who is trying to fix things that arent going right. That is my point, you rattle Cutler, knock him on the ground a few times, the ugly side is bound to quickly show. We have seen so many incidents with Cutler where when he is rattled, he becomes a cancer. Fortunately for him, his defense is usually there to bail out his offense.
First, we've never seen any incident from Cutler where he becomes a cancer. He said it best on his radio show today, he can't win w/ the media. If he talks he's villified, if he says nothing he's villified, if he sits on the bench he's villified, if he gets up and drinks water he's villified. Did you notice how every former athlete all said the same thing between last night and today, it was a nonissue, something that happens ALL THE TIME. Some even praised Cutler's maturity for walking away rather than getting into a screaming match. And yeah if he's getting sacked he's going to chew out his line, so does every other QB in the league. This idea that he crumbles is complete and total BS.

Eh, I've always felt Cutler came off as hostile towards people. Maybe not coaches/players, but towards everyone else, yeah.

So if that wasn't the case, he probably wouldn't be villified for everything he does.
I just have never gotten that from him. For the last 3 years he's routinely called into the Waddle & Silvy show b/c he's a fan of Tom Waddle's. He has a great personality, he's very funny and very entertaining. And this wasn't a scheduled or paid appearance, but literally him just randomly calling the show. He doesn't give a lot to the media, but you also have to look at how the media has treated him going all the way back to his Denver days. This year he has his own show on Waddle & Silvy and its great.

If I'm not mistaken he called out Denver fans in a bad way and it has boiled to what the media thinks of him today. I personally get a "I'm a jerk" vibe from him, but that's just my opinion.

Bridgewater's response to "Teddy Time"
Quote:
Itís not [nice], Iím still the young guy here and I still have a lot to prove and I still have a lot to work for.
Devin23Hester

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ECPackers wrote:
Badger75 wrote:
Bears win the North. Not GB's year.

so, 2 weeks ago the bears were completely obliterated by the packers..... and now the bears are amazing again cause they beat the cowboys?

It was one game. The Bears can easily come back and beat the Packers at Soldier Field later in the season. And who cares who wins the North anyways as long as both get to the playoffs. The Bears won the North 3 years ago and the Packers won the Super Bowl.
Willink

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

The Packers are having serious offensive troubles right now, and let's put aside them playing a CFL defense in NO, they're not that good

Did you actually watch the game? NO clearly played their best game of the season offensively. Line played well, receivers caught the ball better than they have all season, didn't make typical moronic mistakes. FO noted there were some plays in the 4th Q for both teams executed to perfection defensively that both QB's still converted.

NO still only scored 27 points (which doesn't really scream "CFL defenders"), seven of which (and 80 of Brees passing yards) came on a single busted coverage. Brees threw 20 incompletions, had 2~ dropped interceptions and went 2/4 in the redzone.

That is not to mention at all the referee assistance against the Packers (Colston committing blatant PI on TD, Graham catch that wasn't, Sproles not-fumble. All easy calls that were made incorrectly that had the announcers comparing the game to the Seahawk debacle).

Of course one poor game against a great QB putting stuff together miraculously wipes out all the good GB's defense did before the game, and the fact GB is metrically clearly outperforming its defense from last season.

Quote:

No, it was from watching some of the Saints game.

Yep, he didn't play well. Er,

Quote:
Rodgers was a beast in the red zone, going 7-of-10 for 63 yards with four touchdowns and another first down. (League averages in the red zone this year: 54.6 percent completion rate, 3.98 yards per pass, 22.2 percent touchdown rate.)

Quote:
Surprisingly, Rodgers only attempted one ball over 20 yards downfield. Instead, Rodgers masterfully picked the New Orleans defense apart with short throws, completing an absurd 24-of-25 on passes under 10 yards.

Quote:
If I have not lost my mind I can sometimes hear it preparing to defect
LUKE232323

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some fans are getting a little overconfident after 4 weeks considering:

1. The Packers are essentially 3-1. We can debate it all we want, standings say 2-2, but they are a 3-1 team right now.

2. The Packers defense is without question improved significantly from last year just due to overall depth in the front 7 and secondary.

3. The Packers offense will only get better from where it is now. They are adjusting to new coaches, a different scheme RB, and they have played #2, #4, and #5 scoring defenses in 3 of their first 4 games.

The Packers are 7-0 in their last 7 NFC North games. Until the North teams starting beating them, it's their division to lose. But the Packers team we have seen so far will not be the Packers team we see down the stretch. Count on that.
BlackandBlue

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1_two_3_forte wrote:
Nbanflguy wrote:
Nbanflguy wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
The Lions have lost three close games, two to quality opponents, and due to uniquely terrible ST play. They haven't played well at any point over the last three weeks, yet were bounces away from winning.

If they find an offensive identity, and shore up the ST play, there isn't a reason why they can't win a bunch of games down the stretch.

9 of the injury riddled Vikings 13 losses last year were by 7 points or less, but no one cared. Everyone said bad teams find a way to lose games and thats what the Lions are doing. They had a 5-0 start last year and even that was kind of fluky with 2 huge comebacks against the Vikes and Cowboys. Since then they are 6-10. 6-10 over the past 16 games. They are simply not that good. Over the past 16 games they havent been able to run the ball, stop the run, stop the pass, or convert 3rd downs. They score alot of points, but they give up alot of points to. Their special teams is horribly bad. They commit a ton of penalties and play undisciplined football. Stafford is good, but overrated and throws alot of ints. Calvin Johnson is amazing, but no other wr on their team can catch a pass. They also havent beat a team over .500. They have beat no good teams and struggled to beat some bad teams.

The truth is, they got out to a hot start last year against bad and injured teams and since then they have come back to earth.

Am I really the only one who sees this?

Dude, I've been saying this for a long time.

Lions are overrated. Last year, they did not be ONE winning team.

They had to overcome 15 point leads in 3 games to win IIRC....against losing teams.

They lose those games? They win 7 games...and they are an afterthought.
They are simply OVERRATED.

The same is true of the Giants last year- it took them a bunch of comebacks against middling teams to get to wins. Doesn't mean they aren't talented.

And again- the Lions didn't allow an offensive touchdown last week. If the Lions offense and defense are bad, then how can one logically argue that the Vikings' are any better?
PackerPride

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point it takes a special kind of stupidity to bet against Aaron Rodgers, keep it coming SnA.
Frank Costello

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackerPride wrote:
At this point it takes a special kind of stupidity to bet against Aaron Rodgers, keep it coming SnA.

Agreed. But I will say the Packers offense has looked 'off' this year, compared to seasons past. So while I still think the Packers are the front runners in the North. They're not going to roll over teams quite as often this season. Especially divisional games.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank Costello wrote:
PackerPride wrote:

Agreed. But I will say the Packers offense has looked 'off' this year, compared to seasons past. So while I still think the Packers are the front runners in the North. They're not going to roll over teams quite as often this season. Especially divisional games.

Especially against the games against MN, MN isnt nearly as bad as they were last year. I expect the Packers to sweep the Vikes, but I generally expect the games to be close. I dont think its out of the question at this point that the Vikes could possibly beat the Packers in MN.
Nbanflguy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="BlackandBlue"]
1_two_3_forte wrote:
Nbanflguy wrote:
Nbanflguy wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
The Lions have lost three close games, two to quality opponents, and due to uniquely terrible ST play. They haven't played well at any point over the last three weeks, yet were bounces away from winning.

If they find an offensive identity, and shore up the ST play, there isn't a reason why they can't win a bunch of games down the stretch.

9 of the injury riddled Vikings 13 losses last year were by 7 points or less, but no one cared. Everyone said bad teams find a way to lose games and thats what the Lions are doing. They had a 5-0 start last year and even that was kind of fluky with 2 huge comebacks against the Vikes and Cowboys. Since then they are 6-10. 6-10 over the past 16 games. They are simply not that good. Over the past 16 games they havent been able to run the ball, stop the run, stop the pass, or convert 3rd downs. They score alot of points, but they give up alot of points to. Their special teams is horribly bad. They commit a ton of penalties and play undisciplined football. Stafford is good, but overrated and throws alot of ints. Calvin Johnson is amazing, but no other wr on their team can catch a pass. They also havent beat a team over .500. They have beat no good teams and struggled to beat some bad teams.

The truth is, they got out to a hot start last year against bad and injured teams and since then they have come back to earth.

They had to overcome 15 point leads in 3 games to win IIRC....against losing teams.

The same is true of the Giants last year- it took them a bunch of comebacks against middling teams to get to wins. Doesn't mean they aren't talented.

And again- the Lions didn't allow an offensive touchdown last week. If the Lions offense and defense are bad, then how can one logically argue that the Vikings' are any better?[/quote]

We are going off a 16 game sample size, not 1 game.
Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's how I see the NFC North shaping up:

1) Vikings - They are in first place right now, but I don't see that holding up for much longer. As a Vikings fan, it's encouraging to see them doing a lot better than expected at this point in the season. The only thing is they are a young team with an inexperienced quarterback. For this reason I was originally predicting another 2-4 win season in 2012. It's pretty obvious now that we should do better than that, but I think we will ultimately just miss the playoffs with a final record of around 8-8.

2) Bears - I've been saying since the end of last year that the Bears will be the class of the division this year. Although they started off slowly, they looked great against the Cowboys on Monday Night, and that showed me that they are a very solid and complete team. I think they will win the division this year, and could very well be the NFC's representative in the Super Bowl this year.

3) Packers - In the offseason I predicted that the Packers would not come back and be as dominant on offense as they were last year. I didn't have any specific reason for that prediction other than the fact that I've noticed that when teams suffer demoralizing losses in the playoffs like they did last year, they never seem to come back the same the following year. Having said this, the Packers are still one of the better teams in the NFC, and when all is said and done, I definitely see them making the playoffs and possibly making a deep run. The addition of Cedric Benson could prove to be a very smart one. You need to be able to run the ball in the playoffs.

4) Lions - After last week's game against the Vikings, this team has become a real surprise. I expected them to be a lot better all around than they are. Maybe they can still get it together in time to get into the playoffs. I just don't even know what to say about them at this point.

A big thanks to gopherwrestler for this awesome sig! ^ ^

Boltstrikes wrote:
Being the best quarterback of 2014 does not make you the GOAT.
BlackandBlue

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Nbanflguy"]
BlackandBlue wrote:
1_two_3_forte wrote:
Nbanflguy wrote:
Nbanflguy wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:

And again- the Lions didn't allow an offensive touchdown last week. If the Lions offense and defense are bad, then how can one logically argue that the Vikings' are any better?[/quote]

We are going off a 16 game sample size, not 1 game.

The team this year is nothing like the team of last year. Their defense has been above average in every single game, their offense has been mediocre. Their only problem through four games has been historically bad special teams play.
Pugger

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Right, so if Cutler's line cant block for him and he is getting slammed to the ground, your saying he wont chew his line out like he usually does. Or ignore his offensive coordinator who is trying to fix things that arent going right. That is my point, you rattle Cutler, knock him on the ground a few times, the ugly side is bound to quickly show. We have seen so many incidents with Cutler where when he is rattled, he becomes a cancer. Fortunately for him, his defense is usually there to bail out his offense.
First, we've never seen any incident from Cutler where he becomes a cancer. He said it best on his radio show today, he can't win w/ the media. If he talks he's villified, if he says nothing he's villified, if he sits on the bench he's villified, if he gets up and drinks water he's villified. Did you notice how every former athlete all said the same thing between last night and today, it was a nonissue, something that happens ALL THE TIME. Some even praised Cutler's maturity for walking away rather than getting into a screaming match. And yeah if he's getting sacked he's going to chew out his line, so does every other QB in the league. This idea that he crumbles is complete and total BS.

Eh, I've always felt Cutler came off as hostile towards people. Maybe not coaches/players, but towards everyone else, yeah.

So if that wasn't the case, he probably wouldn't be villified for everything he does.

I don't think Cutler is hostile, just dour. He has this demeaner that some folks are put off by. It didn't help his reputation as a sour puss by sulking on the sidelines during the NFC Champ game against my Packers either.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devin23Hester wrote:
ECPackers wrote:
Badger75 wrote:
Bears win the North. Not GB's year.

so, 2 weeks ago the bears were completely obliterated by the packers..... and now the bears are amazing again cause they beat the cowboys?

It was one game. The Bears can easily come back and beat the Packers at Soldier Field later in the season. And who cares who wins the North anyways as long as both get to the playoffs. The Bears won the North 3 years ago and the Packers won the Super Bowl.

And you guys beating the Cowboys was one game. I suspect both of us will be in the playoffs as long as our QBs stay healthy.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willink wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

The Packers are having serious offensive troubles right now, and let's put aside them playing a CFL defense in NO, they're not that good

Did you actually watch the game? NO clearly played their best game of the season offensively. Line played well, receivers caught the ball better than they have all season, didn't make typical moronic mistakes. FO noted there were some plays in the 4th Q for both teams executed to perfection defensively that both QB's still converted.

NO still only scored 27 points (which doesn't really scream "CFL defenders"), seven of which (and 80 of Brees passing yards) came on a single busted coverage. Brees threw 20 incompletions, had 2~ dropped interceptions and went 2/4 in the redzone.

That is not to mention at all the referee assistance against the Packers (Colston committing blatant PI on TD, Graham catch that wasn't, Sproles not-fumble. All easy calls that were made incorrectly that had the announcers comparing the game to the Seahawk debacle).

Of course one poor game against a great QB putting stuff together miraculously wipes out all the good GB's defense did before the game, and the fact GB is metrically clearly outperforming its defense from last season.

Quote:

No, it was from watching some of the Saints game.

Yep, he didn't play well. Er,

Quote:
Rodgers was a beast in the red zone, going 7-of-10 for 63 yards with four touchdowns and another first down. (League averages in the red zone this year: 54.6 percent completion rate, 3.98 yards per pass, 22.2 percent touchdown rate.)

Quote:
Surprisingly, Rodgers only attempted one ball over 20 yards downfield. Instead, Rodgers masterfully picked the New Orleans defense apart with short throws, completing an absurd 24-of-25 on passes under 10 yards.

Had that guy not poked Rodgers in the eye we would have scored another 3 or 7 points there and there would not have been a turnover on the next play so the score would not have been as close as it was. This is a crazy season for us so far. We had everything go our way in 2011 for the most part and now several screwy things are happening against us.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: