Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Why the NFC North is the Best Division
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
Badger75 wrote:
Some really good team is going to go wheeling into Detroit and find themselves in a trap game. Wink

The Vikings get a hot schedule at the end. Week 10 they host the Lions, a bye, Week 12 at Bears, Week 13 at GB, Week 14 host Bears, Week 16 at Texans and they conclude by hosting the Packers. Shocked

and the only one that scares me from that list is the Texans.

But, they could be resting their starters.

I feel Minnesota could take Chicago, Greenbay and St. Louis.

We shall see about that soon. I still say GB sweeps the Vikes.

I agree, I think GB is too good for MN this year and will sweep the Vikes. Not next year though!

As for the Bears, I think the Vikes can split. Cutler is a few big sacks from completely crumbling in the game and that plays to the Vikes advantage at home. The Bears should kill the Vikes in Chicago. I dont see the Vikes losing to Detroit in MN. So sweep Detroit, split with Chicago and get swept by Gb. I can live with that. Though the Packers could have the NFC North and the #1 seed locked up Week 17 and they could rest there starters. That would be probably the only shot MN has to win Week 17.

Though stranger things have happened.
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
Badger75 wrote:
Some really good team is going to go wheeling into Detroit and find themselves in a trap game. Wink

The Vikings get a hot schedule at the end. Week 10 they host the Lions, a bye, Week 12 at Bears, Week 13 at GB, Week 14 host Bears, Week 16 at Texans and they conclude by hosting the Packers. Shocked

I agree, I think GB is too good for MN this year and will sweep the Vikes. Not next year though!

As for the Bears, I think the Vikes can split. Cutler is a few big sacks from completely crumbling in the game and that plays to the Vikes advantage at home. The Bears should kill the Vikes in Chicago. I dont see the Vikes losing to Detroit in MN. So sweep Detroit, split with Chicago and get swept by Gb. I can live with that. Though the Packers could have the NFC North and the #1 seed locked up Week 17 and they could rest there starters. That would be probably the only shot MN has to win Week 17.

Even if our position is locked up by week 17 and Rodgers sits, there will be no Week 17 miracle a la Matt Flynn With Harrell as our backup.

Revel8 wrote:
I believe I may have already found it. Not only the way to cure ebola, but every virus period.

PSN: ShiiNyIV
eagles101

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nbanflguy wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
Nbanflguy wrote:
Nbanflguy wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
The Lions have lost three close games, two to quality opponents, and due to uniquely terrible ST play. They haven't played well at any point over the last three weeks, yet were bounces away from winning.

If they find an offensive identity, and shore up the ST play, there isn't a reason why they can't win a bunch of games down the stretch.

9 of the injury riddled Vikings 13 losses last year were by 7 points or less, but no one cared. Everyone said bad teams find a way to lose games and thats what the Lions are doing. They had a 5-0 start last year and even that was kind of fluky with 2 huge comebacks against the Vikes and Cowboys. Since then they are 6-10. 6-10 over the past 16 games. They are simply not that good. Over the past 16 games they havent been able to run the ball, stop the run, stop the pass, or convert 3rd downs. They score alot of points, but they give up alot of points to. Their special teams is horribly bad. They commit a ton of penalties and play undisciplined football. Stafford is good, but overrated and throws alot of ints. Calvin Johnson is amazing, but no other wr on their team can catch a pass. They also havent beat a team over .500. They have beat no good teams and struggled to beat some bad teams.

The truth is, they got out to a hot start last year against bad and injured teams and since then they have come back to earth.

Am I really the only one who sees this?

i think so...its kind of a silly post in general.

they are 2 or 3 players picking up there game from getting back in the hunt. they dont have a running game but thats because there rb is injured. titus young seems like a good option for them. if pettigrew could learn how to catch easy passes they would be doing a lot better. also if they fixed there special teams there team improves seven fold.

discipline is there biggest issue. they play very undisciplined football. if there team fixed that they can be going places even if they dont fix the other things.

I respect your opinion, but I disagree. Almost every thing I said was not an opinion. They were facts. They are 6-10 over their past 16 games. They did not beat 1 team last year that finished over .500, They cant run the ball, they cant stop the run, they cant stop the pass, they give up points they commit penalties and are undisciplined, their special teams is horrific, they dont convert 3rd downs, and any wr not named Calvin can not catch. Those are not opinions. Those are facts.

Are you saying they cant run because Javhid Best is hurt? The same guy who has a 3.7 ypc for his career and if you take out 1 game it goes down to 3.2.

that is an opion. there other two wrs are actually pretty good. they are not world beaters but they get the job done. and didnt the patriots only beat one winning team last year and thats including the playoffs. they also have most the things that you mentioned. besides the disciplines ones like penalties, and special teams (they dont stay in there lanes)

and javid best greatly improved there run game. but he has injury problems. they also suck at play calling for the run.

im not saying they are good this year but they are right there at the line of becoming a great team....but at the same time it might as well be a million miles away. discipline is a hard thing to push into people, but sometimes it just clicks.

I don't understand most of that, but I can tell it's probably inaccurate.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
Badger75 wrote:

This crap is so old

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, so if Cutler's line cant block for him and he is getting slammed to the ground, your saying he wont chew his line out like he usually does. Or ignore his offensive coordinator who is trying to fix things that arent going right. That is my point, you rattle Cutler, knock him on the ground a few times, the ugly side is bound to quickly show. We have seen so many incidents with Cutler where when he is rattled, he becomes a cancer. Fortunately for him, his defense is usually there to bail out his offense.
Nbanflguy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:
Nbanflguy wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
Nbanflguy wrote:
Nbanflguy wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
The Lions have lost three close games, two to quality opponents, and due to uniquely terrible ST play. They haven't played well at any point over the last three weeks, yet were bounces away from winning.

If they find an offensive identity, and shore up the ST play, there isn't a reason why they can't win a bunch of games down the stretch.

9 of the injury riddled Vikings 13 losses last year were by 7 points or less, but no one cared. Everyone said bad teams find a way to lose games and thats what the Lions are doing. They had a 5-0 start last year and even that was kind of fluky with 2 huge comebacks against the Vikes and Cowboys. Since then they are 6-10. 6-10 over the past 16 games. They are simply not that good. Over the past 16 games they havent been able to run the ball, stop the run, stop the pass, or convert 3rd downs. They score alot of points, but they give up alot of points to. Their special teams is horribly bad. They commit a ton of penalties and play undisciplined football. Stafford is good, but overrated and throws alot of ints. Calvin Johnson is amazing, but no other wr on their team can catch a pass. They also havent beat a team over .500. They have beat no good teams and struggled to beat some bad teams.

The truth is, they got out to a hot start last year against bad and injured teams and since then they have come back to earth.

Am I really the only one who sees this?

i think so...its kind of a silly post in general.

they are 2 or 3 players picking up there game from getting back in the hunt. they dont have a running game but thats because there rb is injured. titus young seems like a good option for them. if pettigrew could learn how to catch easy passes they would be doing a lot better. also if they fixed there special teams there team improves seven fold.

discipline is there biggest issue. they play very undisciplined football. if there team fixed that they can be going places even if they dont fix the other things.

I respect your opinion, but I disagree. Almost every thing I said was not an opinion. They were facts. They are 6-10 over their past 16 games. They did not beat 1 team last year that finished over .500, They cant run the ball, they cant stop the run, they cant stop the pass, they give up points they commit penalties and are undisciplined, their special teams is horrific, they dont convert 3rd downs, and any wr not named Calvin can not catch. Those are not opinions. Those are facts.

Are you saying they cant run because Javhid Best is hurt? The same guy who has a 3.7 ypc for his career and if you take out 1 game it goes down to 3.2.

that is an opion. there other two wrs are actually pretty good. they are not world beaters but they get the job done. and didnt the patriots only beat one winning team last year and thats including the playoffs. they also have most the things that you mentioned. besides the disciplines ones like penalties, and special teams (they dont stay in there lanes)

and javid best greatly improved there run game. but he has injury problems. they also suck at play calling for the run.

im not saying they are good this year but they are right there at the line of becoming a great team....but at the same time it might as well be a million miles away. discipline is a hard thing to push into people, but sometimes it just clicks.

The Patriots are an established team and have a history of winning. The Lions have historically been bad, get out to a 5-0 start before coming back to earth and going 6-10 over their next 16 games and everyone now thinks they are good. How does Javhid Best make their running game better? He has averaged 3.7 ypc over his career and if you take 1 game out it goes all the way down to 3.2. That is not good at all
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
Badger75 wrote:

Join the other 30 clubs who said they'd beat Minnesota with ease. Laughing

I'm hoping for a sweep by the Vikings, but I see it going 1-1.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Right, so if Cutler's line cant block for him and he is getting slammed to the ground, your saying he wont chew his line out like he usually does. Or ignore his offensive coordinator who is trying to fix things that arent going right. That is my point, you rattle Cutler, knock him on the ground a few times, the ugly side is bound to quickly show. We have seen so many incidents with Cutler where when he is rattled, he becomes a cancer. Fortunately for him, his defense is usually there to bail out his offense.
First, we've never seen any incident from Cutler where he becomes a cancer. He said it best on his radio show today, he can't win w/ the media. If he talks he's villified, if he says nothing he's villified, if he sits on the bench he's villified, if he gets up and drinks water he's villified. Did you notice how every former athlete all said the same thing between last night and today, it was a nonissue, something that happens ALL THE TIME. Some even praised Cutler's maturity for walking away rather than getting into a screaming match. And yeah if he's getting sacked he's going to chew out his line, so does every other QB in the league. This idea that he crumbles is complete and total BS.

SteelKing728

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
First, we've never seen any incident from Cutler where he becomes a cancer. He said it best on his radio show today, he can't win w/ the media. If he talks he's villified, if he says nothing he's villified, if he sits on the bench he's villified, if he gets up and drinks water he's villified. Did you notice how every former athlete all said the same thing between last night and today, it was a nonissue, something that happens ALL THE TIME. Some even praised Cutler's maturity for walking away rather than getting into a screaming match. And yeah if he's getting sacked he's going to chew out his line, so does every other QB in the league. This idea that he crumbles is complete and total BS.

Eh, I've always felt Cutler came off as hostile towards people. Maybe not coaches/players, but towards everyone else, yeah.

So if that wasn't the case, he probably wouldn't be villified for everything he does.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
NFC West....?

Niners > Packers
Cardinals > Vikings
Seahawks > Lions
Rams > Bears

Say what?

Thanks to Walter on the sig!^
G3RMANATOR

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Pack4life7 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
NFC West....?

Niners > Packers
Cardinals > Vikings
Seahawks > Lions
Rams > Bears
So I guess where Chicago just beat the Rams 23-6 didn't happen?

I'm not sold on Chicago being a good team. At all. They're the definition of bipolar.

I think the Niners are the only REAL contender from either division, then you have a bunch of teams in the middle, then you have Chicago and STL at the bottom of each.

Lets just pretend that any of that stuff you just wrote is accurate, it still in no way explains how you think the Bears are worse than the Rams after they stomped all over them just a week ago.

And LOL at the Packers not being a real contender. What a joke.

The Packers are having serious offensive troubles right now, and let's put aside them playing a CFL defense in NO, they're not that good.

I forgot that Chicago wiped STL clean so I'll give you guys that one, but I'm still taking Arizona over Detroit and Seattle over Minnesota at this point.

And whoever said Chicago is a contender to win it all must obviously not watch their offensive line. There's no way they win it all with that offensive line.

So do you honestly believe were gonna average 20 points per game this year after we averaged 35 the year before? Listen we played 3 top 5 defenses so far this year and our offense has been outta rhythym. The NFC West has gotten off to a hot start this year but the best has yet to come from the NFC North.

Thanks to Walter on the sig!^
Badger75

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bears win the North. Not GB's year.
ECPackers

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badger75 wrote:

so, 2 weeks ago the bears were completely obliterated by the packers..... and now the bears are amazing again cause they beat the cowboys?

packers 11-5
bears 10-6
vikings 11-5 to 9-7...not sure, but they're not as bad as ppl think
lions, who the hell knows? 6-10 to 12-4. never know. nobody does.
Bucks
Badgers
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

Eh, I've always felt Cutler came off as hostile towards people. Maybe not coaches/players, but towards everyone else, yeah.

So if that wasn't the case, he probably wouldn't be villified for everything he does.
I just have never gotten that from him. For the last 3 years he's routinely called into the Waddle & Silvy show b/c he's a fan of Tom Waddle's. He has a great personality, he's very funny and very entertaining. And this wasn't a scheduled or paid appearance, but literally him just randomly calling the show. He doesn't give a lot to the media, but you also have to look at how the media has treated him going all the way back to his Denver days. This year he has his own show on Waddle & Silvy and its great.

JBURGE25

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ECPackers wrote:
Badger75 wrote:

so, 2 weeks ago the bears were completely obliterated by the packers..... and now the bears are amazing again cause they beat the cowboys?

packers 11-5
bears 10-6
vikings 11-5 to 9-7...not sure, but they're not as bad as ppl think
lions, who the hell knows? 6-10 to 12-4. never know. nobody does.

I'm gonna call

Packers 12-4
Bears 11-5
Vikings 8-8
Lions 6-10

Revel8 wrote:
I believe I may have already found it. Not only the way to cure ebola, but every virus period.

PSN: ShiiNyIV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: