Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Why the NFC North is the Best Division
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rrrrrrrams

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pack4life7 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
NFC West....?

Niners > Packers
Cardinals > Vikings
Seahawks > Lions
Rams > Bears

Good God.

First off the Bears destroyed the Rams so I dunno what your logic is right there and second off I'd say most people would consider both the Packers and Bears being legit contenders to win it all (and some the Lions) while the 49ers are really the only team that can say with a straight face that they can win the SB in the NFC West.

no way the rams are better than the bears.
but they destroyed us?
Freakout

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badger75 wrote:
Some really good team is going to go wheeling into Detroit and find themselves in a trap game. Wink

The Vikings get a hot schedule at the end. Week 10 they host the Lions, a bye, Week 12 at Bears, Week 13 at GB, Week 14 host Bears, Week 16 at Texans and they conclude by hosting the Packers. Shocked

The thing is Minnesota has a lot of youth starting and so far that youth has been producing. They should only get better with more experience.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pack4life7 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
NFC West....?

Niners > Packers
Cardinals > Vikings
Seahawks > Lions
Rams > Bears
So I guess where Chicago just beat the Rams 23-6 didn't happen?

I'm not sold on Chicago being a good team. At all. They're the definition of bipolar.

I think the Niners are the only REAL contender from either division, then you have a bunch of teams in the middle, then you have Chicago and STL at the bottom of each.

Lets just pretend that any of that stuff you just wrote is accurate, it still in no way explains how you think the Bears are worse than the Rams after they stomped all over them just a week ago.

And LOL at the Packers not being a real contender. What a joke.

The Packers are having serious offensive troubles right now, and let's put aside them playing a CFL defense in NO, they're not that good.

I forgot that Chicago wiped STL clean so I'll give you guys that one, but I'm still taking Arizona over Detroit and Seattle over Minnesota at this point.

And whoever said Chicago is a contender to win it all must obviously not watch their offensive line. There's no way they win it all with that offensive line.

BlaqOptic wrote:
Salty about Dennis Pitta? Please... Dude is average as average goes...
Mossburg

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Packers are having serious offensive troubles right now, and let's put aside them playing a CFL defense in NO, they're not that good.

The Packers have played 3 outstanding defensive teams in 4 games....

Outside of the 1st half against Seattle, they haven't looked bad at all offensively considering who they were facing.

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -Mark Twain
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg wrote:
Quote:

Outside of the 1st half against Seattle, they haven't looked bad at all offensively considering who they were facing.

It's not even really the defenses they've faced. Just watching Aaron Rodgers, he doesn't look the same. His throws look rushed, his footwork looks suspect at times, and his accuracy is NOT what it was last year.

BlaqOptic wrote:
Salty about Dennis Pitta? Please... Dude is average as average goes...
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Pack4life7 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
NFC West....?

Niners > Packers
Cardinals > Vikings
Seahawks > Lions
Rams > Bears

I'm not sold on Chicago being a good team. At all. They're the definition of bipolar.

I think the Niners are the only REAL contender from either division, then you have a bunch of teams in the middle, then you have Chicago and STL at the bottom of each.

Lets just pretend that any of that stuff you just wrote is accurate, it still in no way explains how you think the Bears are worse than the Rams after they stomped all over them just a week ago.

I forgot that Chicago wiped STL clean so I'll give you guys that one, but I'm still taking Arizona over Detroit and Seattle over Minnesota at this point.

And whoever said Chicago is a contender to win it all must obviously not watch their offensive line. There's no way they win it all with that offensive line.

Packers offense is all about rythum, and the replacement refs took that away from most teams. I along with pretty much everyone else who watches GB regularly expects thence to pick it up.

Houston will be the test. We will see if I'm full of [inappropriate/removed] then

PSN: ShiiNyIV
Mossburg

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Mossburg wrote:
Quote:

It's not even really the defenses they've faced. Just watching Aaron Rodgers, he doesn't look the same. His throws look rushed, his footwork looks suspect at times, and his accuracy is NOT what it was last year.

I'm guessing you're basing this off of the 1st half of the Seattle game.

Rodgers looks fine. The Bears, Seahawks, and Niners made the Packers earn every yard they got. Just because they don't make it look easy does not mean they are not playing good football. Rodgers is still completing 70% of his passes, a lot of it to WRs.

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -Mark Twain
Nbanflguy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
The Lions have lost three close games, two to quality opponents, and due to uniquely terrible ST play. They haven't played well at any point over the last three weeks, yet were bounces away from winning.

If they find an offensive identity, and shore up the ST play, there isn't a reason why they can't win a bunch of games down the stretch.

9 of the injury riddled Vikings 13 losses last year were by 7 points or less, but no one cared. Everyone said bad teams find a way to lose games and thats what the Lions are doing. They had a 5-0 start last year and even that was kind of fluky with 2 huge comebacks against the Vikes and Cowboys. Since then they are 6-10. 6-10 over the past 16 games. They are simply not that good. Over the past 16 games they havent been able to run the ball, stop the run, stop the pass, or convert 3rd downs. They score alot of points, but they give up alot of points to. Their special teams is horribly bad. They commit a ton of penalties and play undisciplined football. Stafford is good, but overrated and throws alot of ints. Calvin Johnson is amazing, but no other wr on their team can catch a pass. They also havent beat a team over .500. They have beat no good teams and struggled to beat some bad teams.

The truth is, they got out to a hot start last year against bad and injured teams and since then they have come back to earth.

Last edited by Nbanflguy on Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Pack4life7 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
NFC West....?

Niners > Packers
Cardinals > Vikings
Seahawks > Lions
Rams > Bears

So Pittsburgh didn't go to a SuperBowl in 2010, or win a SuperBowl in 2008 w/ a horrid OL? The Bears D alone makes them a serious contender, they're playing like the best D in the league allowing 14, 16, 6, & 10 pts so far this year. They're leading the league in sacks, turnovers, & #2 in 3rd down % allowed. Tim Jennings has 4 INTs, has had a major assist in 3 more, and is now not even being targeted, which means teams are throwing to the only CB in NFL history to have 30+ INTs and 30+ FF. The Bears offense isn't even clicking yet, they are still getting used to each other. If you don't think the Bears are a legit SB contender, then who the hell is.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Pack4life7 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
NFC West....?

Niners > Packers
Cardinals > Vikings
Seahawks > Lions
Rams > Bears

So Pittsburgh didn't go to a SuperBowl in 2010, or win a SuperBowl in 2008 w/ a horrid OL? The Bears D alone makes them a serious contender, they're playing like the best D in the league allowing 14, 16, 6, & 10 pts so far this year. They're leading the league in sacks, turnovers, & #2 in 3rd down % allowed. Tim Jennings has 4 INTs, has had a major assist in 3 more, and is now not even being targeted, which means teams are throwing to the only CB in NFL history to have 30+ INTs and 30+ FF. The Bears offense isn't even clicking yet, they are still getting used to each other. If you don't think the Bears are a legit SB contender, then who the hell is.

What was the score in the Packers game again? Are you counting the faked punt td as a special teams td? I guess that makes sense

Frank-O

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Mossburg wrote:
Quote:

Aaron Rodgers has been sacked 16 times already this season. He's still got a rating of 95.7, he's alright and will only get more dangerous. Plus, he's been without Greg Jennings pretty much all year.

Oh, yeah... and that's while playing 3 of the toughest defenses in the league.

Last edited by Frank-O on Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nbanflguy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My take on the Bears is that they are a good team that has a chance to beat almost anyone, but with their OL and Cutler as their QB, they also can lose to anyone.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Pack4life7 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
NFC West....?

Niners > Packers
Cardinals > Vikings
Seahawks > Lions
Rams > Bears

What was the score in the Packers game again? Are you counting the faked punt td as a special teams td? I guess that makes sense
yeah the fake FG was not on the defense, they did their job and got off the field on 3rd down. It was a great call by the ST coordinator from the Packers, b/c in a game where points were seemingly impossible to comeby you fully expect a FG.

TBH, GBs gameplan for the most part was brilliant. They came out and did things they had never shown on tape ever. The Bears had spent just 4 days preparing for one defense, only to come into the game and see a completely different one.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
yeah the fake FG was not on the defense, they did their job and got off the field on 3rd down. It was a great call by the ST coordinator from the Packers, b/c in a game where points were seemingly impossible to comeby you fully expect a FG.

TBH, GBs gameplan for the most part was brilliant. They came out and did things they had never shown on tape ever. The Bears had spent just 4 days preparing for one defense, only to come into the game and see a completely different one.

Now if only we could do that every game Laughing

Badger75

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The NFC N is a rushing division. The Bears are as good as Matt Forte. The Packers will get as hot or cold as Cedric Benson, who can stun you at the worst times. Can Peterson hold up for the Vikings?

Late December will decide the division.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: