Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Weakest positions after 4 games.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DawgX

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
EL Brownso wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
DawgX wrote:
EL Brownso wrote:
1. CB. After Haden there is a severe downgrade. Patterson is decent and Skrine is improving, but they should be our nickle and dime backs..

They are the nickel and dime CBs when Haden is playing.

Cornerback isn't that big of an issue. Every CB is forced one spot up the depth chart which causes them to not look good. When Haden returns and the players go back to their original spot on the depth chart, all of the cornerbacks will look better.

So Skrine and Patterson are the nickle and dime when Haden is on the field then who does that leave as the #2? Sheldon Brown our 23 year old super star?

Sorry to burst your bubble but there is no way around it CB is a need.

Patterson was running the #2 spot when Haden was there and Skrine was playing over Brown. I don't see how anyone could be satisfied with our secondary. FS is a need but it would almost be like drafting for a WLB when MLB is a need or RG when LG is a need. If we could get a blue chip FS or a second tier CB give me the FS all day, but if they are projected even it would have to be the CB.

I disagree.

Skrine and Wade have shown flashes that they can play in this league. They are worth letting develop. Patterson can play the slot with the best of them.

AT FS, however, there is no "flash". The FO lost faith in Hagg and Young couldn't keep the job from a 7th round pick. There is no one at FS.

Exactly. I'm not against drafting a cornerback, but I think a free safety is a much bigger need. The Browns have some potential at cornerback with Skrine and Wade but they have nothing at free safety.
cattleman78

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reginaldm9 wrote:
cattleman78 wrote:
While I think free safety is a big need I just don't see a top 15 safety prospect in the draft right now. Right now I'd go corner or def. end with our top pick. This could change though.

Eric Reid, FS LSU will shoot up boards like Barron last year.

Yeah he could but right now he is not. There is a lot of college ball left. I think Jonathan Banks c.b. miss. st. may shoot up the board also.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
pnies20

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cattleman78 wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:
cattleman78 wrote:
While I think free safety is a big need I just don't see a top 15 safety prospect in the draft right now. Right now I'd go corner or def. end with our top pick. This could change though.

Yeah he could but right now he is not. There is a lot of college ball left. I think Jonathan Banks c.b. miss. st. may shoot up the board also.

Banks is already considered to be a mid-first rounder. I like him a lot too. Decent size and ball skills

MINGO ATE YO BABY!
Reginaldm9

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pnies20 wrote:
cattleman78 wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:
cattleman78 wrote:

Banks is already considered to be a mid-first rounder. I like him a lot too. Decent size and ball skills

If we somehow came away with both Reid and Banks, our defense would be a pass-rusher away from being elite.

*edit* and a run stout LB.

Adopt-a-Brown: Joe Haden
Stats: 1 big fat pay day
cattleman78

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pnies20 wrote:
cattleman78 wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:
cattleman78 wrote:

I mean I could see him shooting into the top 8-10. Ilike this kid a lot. Isn't he like 6 foot 1 or 2. Helps us cover the A.J. Greens of the world.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
pnies20

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cattleman78 wrote:
pnies20 wrote:
cattleman78 wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:
cattleman78 wrote:

I mean I could see him shooting into the top 8-10. Ilike this kid a lot. Isn't he like 6 foot 1 or 2. Helps us cover the A.J. Greens of the world.

Yeah he's like 6'1 180

He Rhodes and Milliner are all over 6'1

MINGO ATE YO BABY!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: