Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Everyone's favorite fivehead: Broncos @ Patriots GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win?
Patriots
71%
 71%  [ 20 ]
Broncos
28%
 28%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 28

Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
Richter wrote:

Effing ridiculous. Might as well have the scabs in there.

Yeah, that's exactly what was done to Ninkovich on the Ravens' 27 yard pass that set up the TD to put them within 2.

Yep, happened a number of times to Jones against the Ravens, all season long actually.
Tom Brady Tribute
Richter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Sciz wrote:
Richter wrote:

Yeah, that's exactly what was done to Ninkovich on the Ravens' 27 yard pass that set up the TD to put them within 2.

Yep, happened a number of times to Jones against the Ravens, all season long actually.

What I don't get is why seemingly all of these are being missed. This is a textbook example of holding, in plain view with no other players around to obscure the action, the ref in perfect position, and nothing. I get that Jones is a rookie and because human beings are irrational idiots on the whole, rookies aren't typically afforded the same respect in terms of getting calls, but when it's blatant and ubiquitous, you'd think he'd get at least a few of these calls.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Sciz wrote:
Richter wrote:

What I don't get is why seemingly all of these are being missed. This is a textbook example of holding, in plain view with no other players around to obscure the action, the ref in perfect position, and nothing. I get that Jones is a rookie and because human beings are irrational idiots on the whole, rookies aren't typically afforded the same respect in terms of getting calls, but when it's blatant and ubiquitous, you'd think he'd get at least a few of these calls.

What i don't get is how come Belichick doesn't send a letter to the league or talking to refs about this issue since it's been going on for 5 games now and he obviously see it on tape... and if he did, how come nothing changed?

I remember against the Saints in pre-season he drew a couple of holding calls but nothing since despite the fact he is still getting held.

Edit:
Could it be because Jones doesn't cry to ref after it happens? because i know nearly all players do after getting held [even elite players, actually often elite players] but i didn't notice he does [probably since he's a rookie]
Tom Brady Tribute
Richter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Richter wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Sciz wrote:
Richter wrote:

What i don't get is how come Belichick doesn't send a letter to the league or talking to refs about this issue since it's been going on for 5 games now and he obviously see it on tape... and if he did, how come nothing changed?

I remember against the Saints in pre-season he drew a couple of holding calls but nothing since despite the fact he is still getting held.

Edit:
Could it be because Jones doesn't cry to ref after it happens? because i know nearly all players do after getting held [even elite players, actually often elite players] but i didn't notice he does [probably since he's a rookie]

I dunno, when a guy wraps his arm around your throat, you'd probably want to complain about it, rookie or not. And if it has gotten to the point that players have to cry to the refs to get a deserved flag, we really might as well have the scabs out there.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Brady Tribute
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Richter wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Sciz wrote:
Richter wrote:

Edit:

I dunno, when a guy wraps his arm around your throat, you'd probably want to complain about it, rookie or not. And if it has gotten to the point that players have to cry to the refs to get a deserved flag, we really might as well have the scabs out there.

I don't know if it's the reason obviously, i don't get it either. That should be called and it cost us the Ravens game possibly because it wasn't. [of course the Ravens got two phantom DPI calls]
Tom Brady Tribute
Richter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Richter wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Richter wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Sciz wrote:
Richter wrote:

Edit:

I don't know if it's the reason obviously, i don't get it either. That should be called and it cost us the Ravens game possibly because it wasn't. [of course the Ravens got two phantom DPI calls]

If they had called every play in the Ravens game properly, Michael Oher alone would have had three football fields worth of penalty yardage.
Troy Brown

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure it's been discussed in this thread already but do the Patriots have the best run game in the league?

ELRammy
Richter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troy Brown wrote:
I'm sure it's been discussed in this thread already but do the Patriots have the best run game in the league?

A little premature for that, but in terms of depth and flexibility, it's arguable. Ridley is a true feature back in my opinion.

What's more interesting is that the Pats might have the best defense in the division. You could make a strong case for the Dolphins, but the Jets minus Revis have allowed more points in four games than the Pats have in five, and Buffalo is Buffalo. Not to say that the Pats' defense is great, but they're definitely ahead of where they were last year.
samgurl775

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
Richter wrote:

For kicks and giggles.

Troy Brown wrote:
But thing is, you're like half-girl. You like sports and seemingly think logically.
patsfan25

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alfonzo Dennard: STUD

He was playing the #2 CB by the second half. In his first game, against a QB like Manning as well. I hope we found the steal of the draft in him, because we need someone in the secondary with the swagger and confidence he has.

Tavon Wilson also played exceptionally well. Chung is one of my favorite guys but he has been abysmal the last few games.

Cunningham has carved himself a nice role on this defense as a situational rusher. Looks like he can be put anywhere on the line and do well.

I'm more excited than usual for next week. That Seattle defense is physical, but our "Go-Go" offense is gonna kill and exhaust that big secondary they have.

Logan Ryan
Tackles:13 Forced Fumbles:1
PDs:3 INTs:1 Pick 6s:

Deadpulse Ink.
Pats#1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
Just look at the position of that ref, and where he's looking. What could he possibly be thinking that prevents his hand from reflexively pulling the flag out of his pocket? Just an absolute farce.

What is this ones name again?

Sig credit: Deadpulse
Pats#1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

samgurl775 wrote:
Sciz wrote:
Richter wrote:

For kicks and giggles.

Guys, they're obviously just doing the limbo...

Sciz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats#1 wrote:
Richter wrote:
Just look at the position of that ref, and where he's looking. What could he possibly be thinking that prevents his hand from reflexively pulling the flag out of his pocket? Just an absolute farce.

Assuming Steratore had the same crew as last week:
umpire Bill Schuster
head linesman Wayne Mackie
line judge Jeff Seeman
field judge Bob Waggoner
side judge Jimmy De Bell
back judge Greg Steed

And I'll admit that I have no idea which one that is
Pats#1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
Richter wrote:

Assuming Steratore had the same crew as last week:
umpire Bill Schuster
head linesman Wayne Mackie
line judge Jeff Seeman
field judge Bob Waggoner
side judge Jimmy De Bell
back judge Greg Steed

And I'll admit that I have no idea which one that is

haha, I guess I should of explained....I was posting an answer to the guys question as to what made this ref not call the hold.

So really I was saying that the ref was thinking to himself, "What's this ones name again?" as in Jones isn't a popular name around the league yet and therefore doesn't get respect.

bad joke on my part Embarassed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 41 of 45

Jump to: