Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jaguars will host the 49ers at Wembley Stadium in 2013
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:15 am    Post subject: Jaguars will host the 49ers at Wembley Stadium in 2013 Reply with quote

Quote:
The NFL and Jaguars will announce this AM in London that Jacksonville will play San Francisco at Wembley in October 2013.

http://twitter.com/SI_PeterKing/statuses/256340872956899328
Tom Brady Tribute
Jeebs

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankfully, this is a Jaguars home game.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boooooo!!!! Why??? We played there once already!!! Why couldn't a team who hasn't played there play there???

Thanks to Peppers90 on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
burlow

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am fine with an overseas game as long as it is not a home game for us. It would be good if we played out east for a game then went on to London to get adjusted to the time difference.

The easily identified good side: People outside the normal viewing market will not have trouble finding the game.

Thanks y2 for the sig - and it has nothing to do with the trash who wore number 32 (I had to look it up, he will stay unnamed).
Ataal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of like these overseas games. Amazing to see how many people outside the US watch "American" football.

I'm a little ho-hum about the matchup, though. The Jags? The team that Chicago just routed 41-3? On the flip side, they put up a better fight against the Vikings than we did. Would have liked the Saints or Patriots game, though. Better matchup and takes their home field advantage away. :p

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dancing Today is a good day! Dancing

How many of you would have travelled to Jacksonville anyway? Like you say at least its a road game.

So if you can't be happy yourselves, just be happy for me! Very Happy

Still equates to a 400 mile round trip, but its a bit closer than California!
mrscottso

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hate that they want football in other countries.

BlaqOptic wrote:
Dan Connor is twice the LineBacker that "PWilly" will ever be.
sethscalvard

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

WHAT?! WHY!?

I come here and very rarely comment but read other comments and look for links to articles etc. I am a HUGE 49ers fan and have been for as long as I can remember (having decided to follow them while my old man tried to convince me the Raiders were the best team!). I also happen to be from and live in the UK.

I have been to San Fran but it was in the offseason so have never been able to go to a game there but did go and see the niners at Wembley a few years ago against the Broncos. It was great to be able to see the team I have followed since a child and probably know as much about as most fans (although it was a dire game but the mighty Troy Smith came through in the end!)

I think a lot of americans would be surprised with the level of interest in the NFL here and the more exposure people get to it the better. I now get the landlord of my local pub to put the NFL on the TV on Sunday nights to watch redzone and even after the first few weeks a number of my friends now take an interest. This surely can only be a good thing for the NFL and playing in the UK could attract new fans of the 49ers which surely is good for the franchise?

I understand not wanting to lose a home game but a) this is a Jags home game and b) it always comes across that players enjoy coming to the UK and experiencing something new that can have a positive affect on team unity.
adamq

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at least it's not a home game for us, and as someone else mentioned it will be a lot easier for some of us fans not around SF to watch it.. Harbaugh & Co. have been great about managing our guys on the road, so I don't see anything affecting the team's play.

-kiltman

Uncle Buck wrote:
I'd rather have Tebow than any other QB in the NFL besides Rodgers, and I may even take him over Rodgers due to the difference in age.
in po we trust

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may be a Jags home game on paper, but I can't imagine the crowd being any less than 90% pro-49ers.

Here's to hoping that they're still starting Gabbert and coached by Mike Mularkey by the time this game rolls around next year.

*(as an extra blocker)
rudyZ

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in po we trust wrote:
This may be a Jags home game on paper, but I can't imagine the crowd being any less than 90% pro-49ers.

Here's to hoping that they're still starting Gabbert and coached by Mike Mularkey by the time this game rolls around next year.

I was at the game in London in 2010, and I can assure you fans will be on our side. They love the niners. What I loved more than anything is how everybody cheered when they updated the score of the Cowboys game, and they were losing. People hate the Cowboys, and that just warmed my heart.

And honestly, we owe London, because last time, we gave them Troy Smith's first start with the niners, and a very bad game overall, with Hostler-like offensive playcalling. We did win, but only because the Broncos played an even worse game than us. So, they deserve better, next time.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
mrscottso

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sethscalvard wrote:
Quote:

WHAT?! WHY!?

I come here and very rarely comment but read other comments and look for links to articles etc. I am a HUGE 49ers fan and have been for as long as I can remember (having decided to follow them while my old man tried to convince me the Raiders were the best team!). I also happen to be from and live in the UK.

I have been to San Fran but it was in the offseason so have never been able to go to a game there but did go and see the niners at Wembley a few years ago against the Broncos. It was great to be able to see the team I have followed since a child and probably know as much about as most fans (although it was a dire game but the mighty Troy Smith came through in the end!)

I think a lot of americans would be surprised with the level of interest in the NFL here and the more exposure people get to it the better. I now get the landlord of my local pub to put the NFL on the TV on Sunday nights to watch redzone and even after the first few weeks a number of my friends now take an interest. This surely can only be a good thing for the NFL and playing in the UK could attract new fans of the 49ers which surely is good for the franchise?

I understand not wanting to lose a home game but a) this is a Jags home game and b) it always comes across that players enjoy coming to the UK and experiencing something new that can have a positive affect on team unity.

Mainly I think it definitely messes with the players.

BlaqOptic wrote:
Dan Connor is twice the LineBacker that "PWilly" will ever be.
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrscottso wrote:
sethscalvard wrote:
Quote:

WHAT?! WHY!?

Nah we'll be fine - Harbaugh will just have the team spend a week in Wales.

Frank Gore 10,000 yard tracker:

Currently - 9,967
Ranked 29th all-time
ninerfanwheelz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
mrscottso wrote:
sethscalvard wrote:
Quote:

WHAT?! WHY!?

Nah we'll be fine - Harbaugh will just have the team spend a week in Wales.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Perfect

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
I hear within 5 years the fans at Jags games will be able to vote via Twitter on the in-game playcalls.
English49er

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They can come and stay with me for the week! I'll put some tents up in my garden!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: