Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Greg Cossell not a fan of the 49ers offense.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thoroughly impressed with Alex on Sunday. He was hitting everyone on Sunday. We seriously need to keep this type of play up and nobody can stop us. Imagine what things will be like once Randy burns a couple of guys for TDs??? I think we'll see a big Moss TD this weekend.

Thanks to Peppers90 on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
Poster4613

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
I was thoroughly impressed with Alex on Sunday. He was hitting everyone on Sunday. We seriously need to keep this type of play up and nobody can stop us. Imagine what things will be like once Randy burns a couple of guys for TDs??? I think we'll see a big Moss TD this weekend.

Alex was a boss but the coverage was REALLY bad. The wideouts were wayyyy too open on a lot of the plays. It's crazy to think like 50 yards were taken away by holding. Shocked
big9erfan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:

I hope we've been saving him for a big game (as opposed to he's just too over the hill to earn his way onto the field) and this Sunday would be just the time to hit him deep a couple of times.

Last edited by big9erfan on Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we'll see more of Moss this week.

Location: Buring the eternal flame Candlestick Park - you will always be in my heart
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NINERFAN_4_LIFE wrote:
first post on page one

I would just like to point out how I called it, this was the first time we used alex and CK on the field at the same time. it wasnt the option but still... I believe that this is just the beginning of a two QB offense that will solidify our team and bring everything together the way in which would give mike nolantary a wet dream.

I would also like to reminisce on the fact that we used to have michael robinson and arnaz battle and how guys like maiocco would say that we had a potential for some really fun trick plays but we never ran any, thank the 49er gods that we finally have a creative coaching staff again Mr. Green

cant wait to see some two pass plays, some direct snaps to different players in odd shotgun formations, maybe a screen or two after faking a handoff in another direction, sneaky reverses and quick hitters up the middle.... and I always love the deep passing game when the defense gives no S help over the top and one on one coverage. everytime they show that defense we need to ATTACK down the field. once the defense is on their heels there is no stopping us.

we are really starting to come into our own and the sky is the limit. lets be aggressive and assertive

^a seahawks fan in reference to 2013

FOREVER FAITHFUL
the niners lost the superbowl
FOREVER HATEFUL

SaveourSonics wrote:
Some Seattle fans are really getting out of hand.
SFaithful97

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NINERFAN_4_LIFE wrote:
NINERFAN_4_LIFE wrote:
first post on page one

I would just like to point out how I called it, this was the first time we used alex and CK on the field at the same time. it wasnt the option but still... I believe that this is just the beginning of a two QB offense that will solidify our team and bring everything together the way in which would give mike nolantary a wet dream.

I would also like to reminisce on the fact that we used to have michael robinson and arnaz battle and how guys like maiocco would say that we had a potential for some really fun trick plays but we never ran any, thank the 49er gods that we finally have a creative coaching staff again Mr. Green

cant wait to see some two pass plays, some direct snaps to different players in odd shotgun formations, maybe a screen or two after faking a handoff in another direction, sneaky reverses and quick hitters up the middle.... and I always love the deep passing game when the defense gives no S help over the top and one on one coverage. everytime they show that defense we need to ATTACK down the field. once the defense is on their heels there is no stopping us.

we are really starting to come into our own and the sky is the limit. lets be aggressive and assertive
I agree. The only issue I had is that every time they ran a play like that (with Kap out wide to start, 3 snaps I believe) it started with Kap to the right of the formation. If they just flipped it, he would be in a much better position to pass the football as a right handed passer. He would also be in position to pump fake to freeze defenders chasing him down and create extra space for a long run. I really didn't understand why they had him line up so if he was to throw he would either need the time to square up or he would have to throw across his body.
oldman9er

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFaithful97 wrote:
with Kap to the right of the formation. If they just flipped it, he would be in a much better position to pass the football as a right handed passer. He would also be in position to pump fake to freeze defenders chasing him down and create extra space for a long run. I really didn't understand why they had him line up so if he was to throw he would either need the time to square up or he would have to throw across his body.

That's a really good point that I had not considered.

___
SFaithful97

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
SFaithful97 wrote:
with Kap to the right of the formation. If they just flipped it, he would be in a much better position to pass the football as a right handed passer. He would also be in position to pump fake to freeze defenders chasing him down and create extra space for a long run. I really didn't understand why they had him line up so if he was to throw he would either need the time to square up or he would have to throw across his body.

It didn't occur to me until I re-watched the game, but it really does take nearly a full extra second to turn your body to step into a throw, and it forces you to stop your momentum or risk throwing an errant/inaccurate pass.
rudyZ

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFaithful97 wrote:
NINERFAN_4_LIFE wrote:
NINERFAN_4_LIFE wrote:
first post on page one

I agree. The only issue I had is that every time they ran a play like that (with Kap out wide to start, 3 snaps I believe) it started with Kap to the right of the formation. If they just flipped it, he would be in a much better position to pass the football as a right handed passer. He would also be in position to pump fake to freeze defenders chasing him down and create extra space for a long run. I really didn't understand why they had him line up so if he was to throw he would either need the time to square up or he would have to throw across his body.

I think they're setting up that formation so that next time we run it, Alex fakes the toss to CK, rolls to his right and is able to throw it deep. If we do it with CK on the left, running right, the fake and rollout to the left would put him in a bad position to throw. That's what it will ultimately come too. But yeah, we'll see another formation, or a flipped formation, with CK coming in from the left, I'm sure. Against the Jets, there was this one play he lined up wide on the left side, but the Jets called a timeout.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
sbrown

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFaithful97 wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
SFaithful97 wrote:

It didn't occur to me until I re-watched the game, but it really does take nearly a full extra second to turn your body to step into a throw, and it forces you to stop your momentum or risk throwing an errant/inaccurate pass.

If I remember correctly if Kap is lined up far right he wouldnt be throwing across his body because he would already be square. but that is only if he is not trying to roll to the right which in that case he would have to square his body to point his toe to the direction he is attempting to pass. if he is on the move right then he is facing the sidelines and has to turn to square his body. if he is square already at the catch of the ball he should be square at that point to attempt the pass. But it really wouldnt matter because if he is on the right OR left a pass would be thrown to that corresponding side of the field. or a pass that doesnt cross the hash lines.

This again is what I was saying in another post. I love the football IQ on this board. yall know your stuff!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all a chess game. Everyone knows that generally speaking a right handed qb has a harder time throwing when rolling to his left than his right. So defenses may play him to run just a bit more and that might open up a receiver. So it's a harder throw but just maybe a more open target. Roll him to his right and they'll tend to play it a little more straight up. Besides, while defenses might react instinctively and close on the potential run when they see him rolling left, he actually throws very well when rolling to his left.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You were big on him coming out. I dont remember alot of passes on the roll, however I wouldnt have him throw across the field but If the TE lines up on left side of the formation and runs a drag route left to right, and you take the right slot wr and have him run a deep post corner Kap would have run pass options with a TE drag and deep corner route. Both routes would be on the right side of the field which at that point would cause him to throw across his body.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbrown wrote:
You were big on him coming out. I dont remember alot of passes on the roll, however I wouldnt have him throw across the field but If the TE lines up on left side of the formation and runs a drag route left to right, and you take the right slot wr and have him run a deep post corner Kap would have run pass options with a TE drag and deep corner route. Both routes would be on the right side of the field which at that point would cause him to throw across his body.

I dont exactly remember when it was said, but I remember an interview with Trent Baalke where he said Kap was the one of the most accurate throwers on the run he's ever seen and that he could do it rolling to the right or the left equally well. I believe he said it was the reason we drafted him

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
big9erfan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kikuchiyo wrote:
sbrown wrote:

I dont exactly remember when it was said, but I remember an interview with Trent Baalke where he said Kap was the one of the most accurate throwers on the run he's ever seen and that he could do it rolling to the right or the left equally well. I believe he said it was the reason we drafted him

I'm obviously not a professional scout, but I think this is true as well. He has a really, really strong arm so he can get a lot on passes without setting his feet and getting his whole body into it. I think that in the end the run/pass pressure he's going to put on defenses will be incredible.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not worried about our offense anymore under harbaugh. Obviously he coaches to win and that's what the 49ers have been doing. He isn't worried about stats at all. What we have here is a coach who with his staff see,s to be at the top in play design. I love watching our offense every week, the different formations, the different pulls by our lineman; our offense is fun and creative to watch.

On top of it all, we hardly turn the ball over which makes our team very difficult to beat.

My favorite play is still the Alex smith naked bootleg from last years playoffs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: