Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Greg Cossell not a fan of the 49ers offense.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rudyZ

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RickyG wrote:
I am not worried about our offense anymore under harbaugh. Obviously he coaches to win and that's what the 49ers have been doing. He isn't worried about stats at all. What we have here is a coach who with his staff see,s to be at the top in play design. I love watching our offense every week, the different formations, the different pulls by our lineman; our offense is fun and creative to watch.

On top of it all, we hardly turn the ball over which makes our team very difficult to beat.

My favorite play is still the Alex smith naked bootleg from last years playoffs.

Last year it was obvious on much more creative we were in run-blocking (and we still are years ahead of several teams in that department, and perhaps a couple centuries ahead of Singletary's offense in that department), but this year, we're showing some of the most creative pass blocking ever, as well. I don't remember ever seeing a guard pull out to his left to set up a pocket. Not a rollout or a screen. A pocket. And the ways tight ends and receivers are used in the run game (Kyle Williams obliterating the Saints DE on Alex's run last year), it's just phenomenal. And I'm sure the receivers love it, love being part of the gameplan, not just being asked to hold their block on the outside, like every other vanilla/pre-historic offense out there. They know that where they're going and what they're doing is all by design and serves a purpose. Very exciting stuff to watch.

One day, the NFL will catch up to what we're doing right now. But I'll enjoy it as long as it is ours.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
big9erfan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
RickyG wrote:
I am not worried about our offense anymore under harbaugh. Obviously he coaches to win and that's what the 49ers have been doing. He isn't worried about stats at all. What we have here is a coach who with his staff see,s to be at the top in play design. I love watching our offense every week, the different formations, the different pulls by our lineman; our offense is fun and creative to watch.

On top of it all, we hardly turn the ball over which makes our team very difficult to beat.

My favorite play is still the Alex smith naked bootleg from last years playoffs.

Last year it was obvious on much more creative we were in run-blocking (and we still are years ahead of several teams in that department, and perhaps a couple centuries ahead of Singletary's offense in that department), but this year, we're showing some of the most creative pass blocking ever, as well. I don't remember ever seeing a guard pull out to his left to set up a pocket. Not a rollout or a screen. A pocket. And the ways tight ends and receivers are used in the run game (Kyle Williams obliterating the Saints DE on Alex's run last year), it's just phenomenal. And I'm sure the receivers love it, love being part of the gameplan, not just being asked to hold their block on the outside, like every other vanilla/pre-historic offense out there. They know that where they're going and what they're doing is all by design and serves a purpose. Very exciting stuff to watch.

One day, the NFL will catch up to what we're doing right now. But I'll enjoy it as long as it is ours.

I agree about our run blocking. We run some plays I've never seen before. Sadly I think I'm beginning to see some of them creep into other teams' playbooks already. You can't keep a good thing to yourself for very long in the NFL.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
RickyG wrote:

Last year it was obvious on much more creative we were in run-blocking (and we still are years ahead of several teams in that department, and perhaps a couple centuries ahead of Singletary's offense in that department),

Laughing Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: