Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

So do people still think Miami is the worst team in the NFL?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO the Dolphins are better than:

Bills
Jets (controlled the game, missed a FG, now without their best defender and possibly WR)
Raiders
Browns
Jags
Saints
Chiefs

They are on the same level as:
Rams
Seahawks
Titans

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
GaTechRavens

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only teams that have looked incompetent on a fairly consistent basis are Tennessee and Oakland. 3 times out of 4 they have been embarrassed, with the sole wins being home shootouts over teams we thought we good but maybe aren't.

The Browns and Saints have been in just about every game they've played. Jacksonville is a possibility as they haven't done well against their tougher competition. I don't see much of a case for anyone else.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:
The only teams that have looked incompetent on a fairly consistent basis are Tennessee and Oakland. 3 times out of 4 they have been embarrassed, with the sole wins being home shootouts over teams we thought we good but maybe aren't.

The Browns and Saints have been in just about every game they've played. Jacksonville is a possibility as they haven't done well against their tougher competition. I don't see much of a case for anyone else.

Agreed. I like the Browns and Saints over a few of the 1-3 teams just by the quality of play, and Drew Brees. Anyone who has watched the Browns this year should be able to say honestly that they've looked better for the majority of the season than Oakland, TN, and the Jets. The Saints have Drew Brees and I still expect a decent bounce back from them.

The present is a gift, and I just wanna be.
x0x

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of these border teams like Cleveland, Jacksonville and Miami are one big injury away from crapulance.

And getting that big injury should be rather likely.

Trent Richardson for Cleveland.
MJD for Jacksonville.
Bush for Miami.

I can definitely see Miami going 4-12 though even with a healthy Bush.
GoneWithTheWind

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's New Orleans right now. That defense is putrid they make last year Vikings defense look servicable. The offense is still pretty rock solid despite losing a great play caller. But the defense is more bad then the offense is good.

Miami has a pretty decent defense and when Reggie comes back the offense will be better. I have the dolphins as about a 6 win team right now.
charles shelton

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x0x wrote:
Most of these border teams like Cleveland, Jacksonville and Miami are one big injury away from crapulance.

MJD for Jacksonville.
Bush for Miami.

I can't speak for Miami & Cleveland, but the Jags are already in utter crapulance. Losing MJD would only be the crap icing on the crap cake.

-charles
NS922

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoneWithTheWind wrote:
I think it's New Orleans right now. That defense is putrid they make last year Vikings defense look servicable. The offense is still pretty rock solid despite losing a great play caller. But the defense is more bad then the offense is good.

Miami has a pretty decent defense and when Reggie comes back the offense will be better. I have the dolphins as about a 6 win team right now.

So a team that is top 10 in points scored and hasn't lost a game by more than 8 points, is THE worst in the league????
FirstDownFaulk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

captainhags wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
willy_law wrote:
glenearl18 wrote:
No, it's the Jets. I've never seen a worse offense in my life.

And I'm loving every second of it....I enjoy watching them lose/implode almost as much as I love watching the Patriots win. Laughing

And yet they are winning the division over your precious Patriots....

In spite of that, though, the Jets are undeniably AWFUL. I just can't rank them below a team they beat a couple of weeks ago. As bad as they look, they're 2-2 with those two losses being against the Steelers and 49ers, so it's not like they've pooed the bed against bad teams. But they will, just give them some time.

Worst team in the league? Gotta be the Brownies. They look really bad, but once Haden is back and Richardson/Weeden get a bit more experience they could easily pick it up. Pretty putrid receivers though.

(I'm a Jets fan.)

After 4 weeks (three of which were road games) and two losses that came down to the final play....they're tied in loss column.

The cream always rises to the top.....and that surely isn't your "precious" Jets Laughing

DolphWins

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

x0x wrote:

MJD for Jacksonville.
Bush for Miami.

If we lost Reggie Bush I dont see any reason why Lamar Miller cant replace him and put up close to the same production. Dude is a beast during what little playing time he has gotten.

Adopt a Dolphwin - Lamar Miller
11 Rush - 59 Yards - 5.4 Avg - 1 TD [] 4 Rec - 19 Yards
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may really dislike the Browns, but they are not the worst team in the league. They will have a record that rivals the lowest teams, but that comes from their schedule playing the AFC North, NFC East and AFC West.

Jax couldn't throw it on us with our top FIVE CBs all out with injury. They have beaten who, the Colts?

Oakland looks lost.

The Jets look like a family going through a divorce.

The Browns and Colts are similar. They are getting the pieces together, just not quite there yet.
RazorStar

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we count the Seahawks at home and Seahawks on the road as two different teams...

I will say that I think the Browns might the worst team, but Richardson and Weeden have shown flashes of competence in between long stretches of terrible play. The dolphins still have a strong defense, and aside from rookie QB mistakes and poor special teams, the Dolphins are competitive against top teams.

Maybe the Jags are the worst, or the Raiders, maybe the Saints are, but I don't think the Dolphins are.

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DolphWins wrote:
x0x wrote:

MJD for Jacksonville.
Bush for Miami.

If we lost Reggie Bush I dont see any reason why Lamar Miller cant replace him and put up close to the same production. Dude is a beast during what little playing time he has gotten.

Reggie Bush is making a believer out of me. Guy is playing some fantastic ball, with more of a mind for the inches of the game and less of a mind for a home run hit every touch. His career is trending in the right way, he's becoming that RB that everyone was expecting early on.

That being said - man, am I very impressed with Lamar Miller. VERY impressed. Guy is a natural out there, just a great runner with some good instincts and quick, fast feet to make plays when the chances present themselves. Reminds me of another RB from The U, Clinton Portis. He can be a great find for this team, and his continued development could make Bush expendable...

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
DawgX

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coors wrote:
I would say the worst team is Cleveland. They are 0-4, and IMO have just looked terrible all year. Even though the Aints are 0-4 also, I don't have them in the same boat as Cleveland or the other teams with a pretty bad record.

How have the Browns looked terrible? They lost to the Eagles by one point and should have won that game, lost by seven points to both Cincinnati in Cincinnati and Baltimore in Baltimore and by ten points to the Bills. This was without their best defensive player in Joe Haden. The main reason the Browns lost to Cincy and Baltimore is due to giving up big plays through the air, many of which probably don't happen if Haden is playing.

How have the Browns looked worse than teams such as Oakland, Kansas City, Jacksonville and Tennessee? Yes, those teams all have won a game but KC beat the 0-4 Saints, the Jags beat the Colts and the Titans beat the 1-3 Lions. The Browns, on the other hand, have had a very tough schedule. If the Browns had an easier schedule and played bad teams, I'm very confident they would have won at least one game. Plus, Kansas City, Oakland and Tennessee have been blown out in a couple of games each while the Browns have been in every game they've played.

Smack on the sig.
DubiDo0

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, it's the jets.
The OUTLAW

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cryptkeeper wrote:
Cleveland's not the worst team in the league this year, even though their brutal schedule will probably result in them getting a very high draft pick. I don't see near the issues there as I do with the Titans, Jets, Chiefs, and Raiders.

And now that Pagano's out with Leukemia and Arians is our HC, our chances of being a bottom 5 team shoot up as well.

This is what I was thinking. The Browns very well might end up with the worse record, but I still don't think that they are the worst team.

Vince Lombardi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: