Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

So do people still think Miami is the worst team in the NFL?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chris00cm

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say the Jets, Browns, Bucs, Raiders, Jags, and Dolphins are a few of the worst teams in the league.

I don't think the Dolphins are the worst team in their division. I just don't see their offense putting up enough points throughout the year for them to be contenders.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are a similar team as last year. We have the same running game and run defense with the same questions in our pass D and passing game. We had 6 wins last season so that is what I am expecting. Next offseason we have about 50M in cap and 5 picks in the first 3 rounds so I'll be expecting the wins to come then.

As for Tennehill's college games, I believe he only had 20 starts. He has really come along and gotten better each game.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JamesBlood wrote:
They were still a legitimate pick preseason. Tannehill only got limited reps in college thanks to starting out as a WR, so even if you thought he wouldn't bust, it was reasonable to expect him to have a rough rookie season. Reggie Bush has been A LOT better than anyone could have reasonably expected. The Jets are bad, Oakland is bad, Houston destroyed them, Arizona I can't for the life of me figure out.

You're saying the Reggie Bush who rushed for 1086 yards in 15 games last year, including 515 in his last 4 games and 854 in his last 9, has performed a LOT better than anybody could have reasonably expected this year. Yep, not paying attention.
HighHopes

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just like how the top seems up for grabs. I think the bottom as well. I could honestly see the Vikings back in talks for the bottom again within the next 4 weeks. I certainly dont want it to happen, but this is a crazy season lol.
davin fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warpticon wrote:
davin fanatic wrote:
Miami was as good of a choice as any coming into the year. A rookie QB, mostly 3rd string WR's, a new HC, and a relatively no-name defense. They were comparable to Jax of last year, expect MJD was a more proven commodity than Bush.

Right now I'd say it's a toss-up between Jax, Cle, KC, Ten, and sadly, my Raiders.

That "relatively no-name defense" was 15th in raw yardage surrendered and 6th in scoring defense last year. They may not have been all-world, but they were certainly not a reason to think the Dolphins were the top candidate to be the worst team in the league.

The Dolphins had a +16 point differential last year in spite of going 6-10. They lost 5 games by a total of 11 points, and it's been demonstrated repeatedly that w/l record in close games is not consistent from season to season. They were an average team, and didn't lose much important from last year besides Marshall.

I honestly think people got hung up on that 7 game losing streak to start the season, filed the Dolphins away into the "bad" category, and stopped paying attention.

Just giving reasons many picked them to be the worst team in the league. Rams and Browns both also finished middle of the pack in defense in 2010, but were 2 of the worst teams last year. Who would you have picked as the worst team heading into the season?

- Cleveland? maybe, but they had an even better defense than Miami last year
- Rams? again a possibility but on paper they had better weapons on offense and Jeff Fisher gets the benefit of the doubt
- Jacksonville? again as good a choice as any. but gabbert seemed to have played better in the preseason and MJD is a proven RB
- Colts? last season was bad, but they're just 1 season removed from the playoffs

There were plenty of reasons to be skeptical of the Fins heading into the first game of the season. Don't take it personally... it's just the truth

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would go with the Browns. Even though the Saints are 0-4 they still have Brees, which alone makes them better than the Browns. After the way the Jets played last week, I think they deserve at least a shoutout.

[quote="amazingandre"]Do me a favor and never quote me again[/quote]
Warpticon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighHopes wrote:
Just like how the top seems up for grabs. I think the bottom as well. I could honestly see the Vikings back in talks for the bottom again within the next 4 weeks. I certainly dont want it to happen, but this is a crazy season lol.

Yeah, this is how I feel, with all the parity in the league. the range of possible results per team is huge.
49ersfan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Points Allowed is a good statistic to look at who's doing the best/worst. Right now, the teams that are the worst in terms of Points Allowed are...

1- Titans, -70
2- Raiders, -58
3- Chiefs,-48
4- Jaguars, -35
5- Panthers , -29

So if you value those stats, those are the 5 worst teams in the NFL.

Speaking of the Dolphins, they're at -4. The only other losing team thats better at Points Allowed are the Steelers, with +4.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6

Last edited by 49ersfan on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:32 am; edited 1 time in total
DRC29 INT

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way it's the Saints. As long as Brees is playing, I refuse to believe they're in the bottom 5.
JamesBlood

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warpticon wrote:
You're saying the Reggie Bush who rushed for 1086 yards in 15 games last year, including 515 in his last 4 games and 854 in his last 9, has performed a LOT better than anybody could have reasonably expected this year. Yep, not paying attention.

Alright, a lot was maybe a little much, but players who massively outplay their previous career should generally not be expected to repeat, let alone improve, and he's currently outpacing last year's per game by 20 yards and last year's per attempt by .5.
Warpticon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
I think Points Allowed is a good statistic to look at who's doing the best/worst. Right now, the teams that are the worst in terms of Points Allowed are...

1- Titans, -70
2- Raiders, -58
3- Chiefs,-48
4- Jaguars, -35
5- Panthers , -29

Speaking of the Dolphins, they're at -4. The only other losing team thats better at Points Allowed are the Steelers, with +4.

I agree (as I already used this earlier in the thread), but that's point differential, not points allowed.
Warpticon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JamesBlood wrote:
Warpticon wrote:

Alright, a lot was maybe a little much, but players who massively outplay their previous career should generally not be expected to repeat, let alone improve, and he's currently outpacing last year's per game by 20 yards and last year's per attempt by .5.

Yeah, I agree there should be some caution with guys who are basically first time starters like Bush was, especially when they have an injury history like his.

Saying he's outperforming last year's pace isn't really accurate, though. He wasn't the featured back until week 8. Daniel Thomas got the bulk of the carries early last season. That per-game average from last season includes those 6 games where he averaged 8 attempts per game. Of course he's going to be ahead of last year's pace in raw numbers. He's still not doing anything unexpected, though.
49ersfan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warpticon wrote:
49ersfan wrote:

1- Titans, -70
2- Raiders, -58
3- Chiefs,-48
4- Jaguars, -35
5- Panthers , -29

I agree (as I already used this earlier in the thread), but that's point differential, not points allowed.

brainfart, thats what i meant to write. thanks for the correction.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DRC29 INT wrote:
No way it's the Saints. As long as Brees is playing, I refuse to believe they're in the bottom 5.
That's your problem, you refuse to believe what your eyes are telling you. I've watched it on the field, They are the worst team in the NFL this year. I don't need stats to tell me, but for those that do, here is something telling. The saints are 0-4, their opponents have a combined 5-11 record. In the words of Lee Corso, that's a yo.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its probably Cleveland, but I think there are a couple of teams fighting for the dishonor.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: