Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

So do people still think Miami is the worst team in the NFL?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Warpticon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: So do people still think Miami is the worst team in the NFL? Reply with quote

Just curious, since apparently a LOT of people here were super convinced the Dolphins would challenge for the #1 pick next year. I didn't argue, but I asked people why, and never got an answer. Same thing regarding how Tannehill would be a bust, was a reach, etc. I made a thread asking why people thought he wouldn't amount to much, and specifically why so many thought a guy like Jake Locker was a solid prospect when he was less productive than Tannehill in spite of far more experience. Again, I got no answers.

I wasn't really trying to start an argument or play the homer, but I couldn't figure out why people were automatically pushing a team that was dead average last year all the way to the top of the draft when their only meaningful loss was Brandon Marshall. Marshall's a good receiver, but he's not from-average-to-worst-in-league-if-he-leaves good.

In any case, Miami is 1-3 right now, but they could very easily be 3-1. They have the best run defense in the league and the #3 rushing attack. They are not perfect, and they haven't taken advantage of all their opportunities. Nevertheless, it seems clear to me that they are not bad. So, for those who thought Miami would be terrible this year, has your opinion changed? If so, what changed it?
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, its the Saints, really. They can't stop anybody, 0 pressure, I mean 0. Offense is completely discombobulated.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
coors

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say the worst team is Cleveland. They are 0-4, and IMO have just looked terrible all year. Even though the Aints are 0-4 also, I don't have them in the same boat as Cleveland or the other teams with a pretty bad record.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miami was as good of a choice as any coming into the year. A rookie QB, mostly 3rd string WR's, a new HC, and a relatively no-name defense. They were comparable to Jax of last year, expect MJD was a more proven commodity than Bush.

Right now I'd say it's a toss-up between Jax, Cle, KC, Ten, and sadly, my Raiders.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
no, its the Saints, really. They can't stop anybody, 0 pressure, I mean 0. Offense is completely discombobulated.

Over the Browns? I just don't see it. The Browns haven't been blowout in the first four games, but their schedule is extra hard. I personally see them winning 1-2 games. the rest of the season.

Remaining schedule:

at Giants
vs Bengals
at Colts
vs Chargers
vs Ravens
bye
at Cowboys
vs Steelers
at Raiders
vs Chiefs
vs Redskins
at Broncos
at Steelers

Only games I could see them winning is at the Raiders and possibly vs the Colts and the Redskins.

Last edited by Texansfan713 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Dolphin Dude

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dolphins are definitely not the worst team in the NFL. Even though we are 1-3 we lost to a great Cardinals team, a super bowl caliber Texans team and a real NFL kicker away from a Jets win. Tannehill has shown so much potential it's crazy. 2 of his interceptions were batted passes and one of his interception's this past weekend was because Hartline fell down on his route and the DB just made a great play. His turnover stats honestly look much worse than they seem. He DOES MAKE ROOKIE MISTAKES don't get me wrong, but the kid is crazy good with pressure in his face, read some stat that hes one of the top QB's in the NFL against the blitz. He's mobile and makes some crazy throws with a laser arm that makes me excited for the future.

not to mention our defense is great upfront and we are a pass rusher and some secondary changes away from being elite

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the Browns had the honor of being the favorite for the #1 pick going into the season. Still do.
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolphins defensive numbers are pretty fantastic. Definitely not the worst team. But I don't think they are good, nor do I believe in Tannehill.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it's the Jets. I've never seen a worse offense in my life.
Dolphin Dude

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Dolphins defensive numbers are pretty fantastic. Definitely not the worst team. But I don't think they are good, nor do I believe in Tannehill.

based on what?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

davin fanatic wrote:
Miami was as good of a choice as any coming into the year. A rookie QB, mostly 3rd string WR's, a new HC, and a relatively no-name defense. They were comparable to Jax of last year, expect MJD was a more proven commodity than Bush.

Right now I'd say it's a toss-up between Jax, Cle, KC, Ten, and sadly, my Raiders.

That "relatively no-name defense" was 15th in raw yardage surrendered and 6th in scoring defense last year. They may not have been all-world, but they were certainly not a reason to think the Dolphins were the top candidate to be the worst team in the league.

The Dolphins had a +16 point differential last year in spite of going 6-10. They lost 5 games by a total of 11 points, and it's been demonstrated repeatedly that w/l record in close games is not consistent from season to season. They were an average team, and didn't lose much important from last year besides Marshall.

I honestly think people got hung up on that 7 game losing streak to start the season, filed the Dolphins away into the "bad" category, and stopped paying attention.
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolphin Dude wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

based on what?

What? Tannehill? Watching him play college football.

Or them not being good? That wouldn't be based on much except thinking they weren't good before the season started and them having the W-L I expected them to have by this point.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Dolphin Dude wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

based on what?

What? Tannehill? Watching him play college football.

Or them not being good? That wouldn't be based on much except thinking they weren't good before the season started and them having the W-L I expected them to have by this point.

yeah Tannehill. For a dude not even "supposed" to be starting this season I think he's been playing well. Lit up a cards defense that is great, yes he does have rookie struggles but he has grown alot from game 1 to 4, but once he gets a better supporting cast I think he will prove alot of people wrong

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were still a legitimate pick preseason. Tannehill only got limited reps in college thanks to starting out as a WR, so even if you thought he wouldn't bust, it was reasonable to expect him to have a rough rookie season. Reggie Bush has been A LOT better than anyone could have reasonably expected. The Jets are bad, Oakland is bad, Houston destroyed them, Arizona I can't for the life of me figure out.

I don't think they are the worst team in football, that's probably Cleveland, although the Titans have been looking amazingly bad, too. But I do think that it was a legitimate assumption in the off season.
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the browns.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: