Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ryans defense against Bears

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hawksrealm

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Ryans defense against Bears Reply with quote

I post at another site where Bob Sturm puts up all his articles on the Cowboys. He has been asked, why being a GB fan does he write about the Cowboys. I'll quote Bob " its simple they pay me to cover the Cowboys and I'm just a GB fan. But covering the Cowboys my feelings don't enter into what I write. I watch their games a minimum of 3 times before I do my reporting".
This is a good article so I thought I'd share it.

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/10/05/12/Cowboys-defense-for-Cutler-did-not-go-to/landing_cowboys.html?blockID=800561&feedID=10194
Desperado82

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Sturm...good read. Thanks Hawk

^^^mack
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forget who it was, but it was pointed out that Butlers inability to protect the run really hampered this defense due to our S needing to focus on that more - and when you culminate that with the lack of Church - it hurt.

Quote:
But, to do that, you need more than Ware to get to the QB. And that is why it is key for Jay Ratliff and Spencer to get back on the field. If you can get Jason Hatcher and those 3 players to all get out there together, with a little Tyrone Crawford mixed in, perhaps this team can get more pressure without coming up short in coverage.

Agreed.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Hawksrealm

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having injuries seems to have killed us for years. We should be healthy against the Ravens but its a long haul after that.

Desperado82 wrote:
I like Sturm...good read. Thanks Hawk

You're welcome...Bob can be somewhat boring sometimes because he gives you so much info. but he never sugar coats it, and anybody can always taking something of knowledge away from what he writes

But he does [inappropriate/removed] me off every now and then Very Happy
Northland

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always found Sturm to be objective. For me his colum is mandatory reading. No sugarcoating.
atran35

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob Sturm and Broddaus are my favorite Cowboys authors.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Northland wrote:
I have always found Sturm to be objective. For me his column is mandatory reading. No sugarcoating.

People around here only tend to support his articles when he writes something positive and blast him when he posts anything negative rather than appreciating his objectivity.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Northland wrote:
I have always found Sturm to be objective. For me his column is mandatory reading. No sugarcoating.

People around here only tend to support his articles when he writes something positive and blast him when he posts anything negative rather than appreciating his objectivity.

It is my opinion that this is a completely fabricated position. I would like for you to expand upon this with proven facts, if you have the time.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Northland wrote:

It is my opinion that this is a completely fabricated position. I would like for you to expand upon this with proven facts, if you have the time.

Matts, I've posted articles by Sturm before and they were not met with warm reviews.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Matts, I've posted articles by Sturm before and they were not met with warm reviews.

Excellent, so it should be easy for you to post multiple links with sufficient proof that the majority here are unable to appreciate his objectivity.
TheStarStillShines

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enough of the one-upmanship guys. This constant bickering, chest thumping, and finger pointing are reasons why people are complaining about the forum. Really, who cares? This is an internet chat forum, so, please, enough of this.

So Plan and Matts, just drop it already. Quit it with the accusations, quit with calling people out, and quit being so sensitive about every minute issue. You guys are adults. And please, don't say, "He started it."

Just focus on the issues being discussed instead of side-swiping the thread with the usual bickering and accusations.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheStarStillShines wrote:
Enough of the one-upmanship guys. This constant bickering, chest thumping, and finger pointing are reasons why people are complaining about the forum. Really, who cares? This is an internet chat forum, so, please, enough of this.

So Plan and Matts, just drop it already. Quit it with the accusations, quit with calling people out, and quit being so sensitive about every minute issue. You guys are adults. And please, don't say, "He started it."

Not sure if its a lack of reading of what it going on or just a lack of paying attention to what you read.

I have not retorted about his opinions, I have simply asked for facts. I think any conversation should be based on facts. He keeps presenting arguments as factual, I just want links to those facts.

Lastly.. If you think the "argument" is why the forum has died... I SORELY beg to differ.
TheStarStillShines

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
TheStarStillShines wrote:

Not sure if its a lack of reading of what it going on or just a lack of paying attention to what you read.

I have not retorted about his opinions, I have simply asked for facts. I think any conversation should be based on facts. He keeps presenting arguments as factual, I just want links to those facts.

Lastly.. If you think the "argument" is why the forum has died... I SORELY beg to differ.

Just drop it already Matts. You asking Plan to demonstrate proof only adds to the animosity. If Plan wants to make general statements, then let him. It's not like such a post will make a difference in the big scheme of things. But when you respond in the manner that you did, the issue only escalates.

And yes, Plan should avoid making claims like he did here. Such claims are completely unnecessary as well.

And I agree with you that there are other issues with the forum - including the team's performance - but this bickering is a big reason. Some posters mentioned recently (i.e., yesterday) that they only check in from time-to-time because of the complaining and the war of words between some posters. It's as if the forum is at civil war with one another.

Anyway, now that we have completely gone on a tangent, it's time to lock this thread since nothing good has come out of it.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: