Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Postgame Thread: Chicago @ Dallas
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Desperado82

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway...moving on from the brick wall.....

I'm hoping we'll see this team play...better over these next few weeks. The Baltimore game is going to be the deciding game of this season for me. If we're able to in to Baltimore and win against that defense on the road, I think it could (or hopefully will) propel this team onward.

With as well as Hatcher has been playing...I'm also looking forward to Ratliff getting back on the field.

^^^mack
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:11 am    Post subject: Re: Postgame Thread: Chicago @ Dallas Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
I'm talking about this situation. Stepping up to make a play.

And what "bonehead" plays? You could say that about any quarterback that slings the ball around.

Seems to happen to Romo quite a lot though, doesn't it?

Only a fraction of the time compared to the numerous Touchdowns he's thrown off similar plays. Atlanta to Crayton after avoiding 4 would-be-sackers; New York to our 3rd TE in teh back corner after avoiding 2 would-be-sackers; the list goes on and on and on and on and on.

Sig courtesy of mack.
dahobofest

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:

I'm hoping we'll see this team play...better over these next few weeks. The Baltimore game is going to be the deciding game of this season for me. If we're able to in to Baltimore and win against that defense on the road, I think it could (or hopefully will) propel this team onward.

With as well as Hatcher has been playing...I'm also looking forward to Ratliff getting back on the field.

Why are you moving on? I'm genuinely curious.

Do you really expect a quarterback who plays behind an offensive line like this one to be able to put up points and carry and offense without the occasional fumble or interception? It's highly unrealistic...
be WARE94

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dahobofest wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

Do you really expect a quarterback who plays behind an offensive line like this one to be able to put up points and carry and offense without the occasional fumble or interception? It's highly unrealistic...

5 interceptions man.....how are you defending 5 interceptions? seriously

[quote="Tzimisce"]Was Romo playing sarcastaball?
Plat wrote:
"]i swear this guy be trolling
Desperado82

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject: Re: Postgame Thread: Chicago @ Dallas Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
dahobofest wrote:

And what "bonehead" plays? You could say that about any quarterback that slings the ball around.

Only a fraction of the time compared to the numerous Touchdowns he's thrown off similar plays. Atlanta to Crayton after avoiding 4 would-be-sackers; New York to our 3rd TE in teh back corner after avoiding 2 would-be-sackers; the list goes on and on and on and on and on.

I'm done talking about Romo, at least for tonight.

Here's the deal. Seven seasons as the Cowboys QB. 1 playoff win. Only numbers that matter.

I like Romo, I do and I sincerely hope we see him hoist a Lombardi Trophy for this team very soon. However, I'm not holding my breath it will happen. Regardless of how this season turns out, we need to address the trenches this off-season. I want to see us also draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round to groom behind Tony.

If 2013 ends and we still have yet to reach the NFC Championship Game or the Super Bowl, let Romo walk. Simple as that.

^^^mack
dahobofest

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

be WARE94 wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

Did you watch the game?

1. Dez
2. Ogletree
3. Bernadeau (let's say you blame Romo, fine, there's one example).
4 and 5 were in uncompetitive garbage time.

So in reality, 1 fumble/interception you can say was his fault in competitive play.

If players do their job on the play, none of those interceptions happen.

Last edited by dahobofest on Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:22 am; edited 1 time in total
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

be WARE94 wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

1st - Dez
2nd - Ogle
3rd - FF
4th - Romo
5th - Romo

Sig courtesy of mack.
dahobofest

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Re: Postgame Thread: Chicago @ Dallas Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
dahobofest wrote:

Here's the deal. Seven seasons as the Cowboys QB. 1 playoff win. Only numbers that matter.

I like Romo, I do and I sincerely hope we see him hoist a Lombardi Trophy for this team very soon. However, I'm not holding my breath it will happen. Regardless of how this season turns out, we need to address the trenches this off-season. I want to see us also draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round to groom behind Tony.

If 2013 ends and we still have yet to reach the NFC Championship Game or the Super Bowl, let Romo walk. Simple as that.

Why can't you accept the fact that this is a team sport?
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Re: Postgame Thread: Chicago @ Dallas Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
dahobofest wrote:

Oh right - Totally forgot Romo blocks, catches, and plays D

Give me a break

Sig courtesy of mack.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:17 am    Post subject: Re: Postgame Thread: Chicago @ Dallas Reply with quote

dahobofest wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
dahobofest wrote:

Yet the QB gets paid the most money...wonder why that is?

^^^mack
Lazyking

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:17 am    Post subject: Re: Postgame Thread: Chicago @ Dallas Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:

Says it all really. The NFL is a QB league and results matter most.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:18 am    Post subject: Re: Postgame Thread: Chicago @ Dallas Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
dahobofest wrote:

Give me a break

So...you're fine with giving Romo yet another contract extension on one single solitary playoff win? Really?

^^^mack
dahobofest

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:18 am    Post subject: Re: Postgame Thread: Chicago @ Dallas Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
dahobofest wrote:

Yet the QB gets paid the most money...wonder why that is?

But is he paid all the money? No.
dahobofest

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:20 am    Post subject: Re: Postgame Thread: Chicago @ Dallas Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
dahobofest wrote:

Give me a break

So...you're fine with giving Romo yet another contract extension on one single solitary playoff win? Really?

Do you not watch his extraordinary play despite the offensive line? My mind is blown that such a rare talent isn't appreciated for what it is. His play is like a work of art. You heard how giddy Chuck was before the game talking about Romo's play.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Re: Postgame Thread: Chicago @ Dallas Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:

You must be kidding? Would I let a Top 10 QB walk just because our team hasn't put it together during his tenure? GTFO

Give him a Schaub deal and find a kid to groom - getting a 2nd or 3rd rounder and thrwoing him in after a year on the bench is a recipe for early 00 success. Enjoy throwing Ware's career away

Sig courtesy of mack.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 3 of 15

Jump to: