Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Postgame Thread: Chicago @ Dallas
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cicero

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Re: Postgame Thread: Chicago @ Dallas Reply with quote

dahobofest wrote:
Cicero wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
Ok...I understand everyone is frustrated with the result of the game.

All I ask, is keep it to football. I don't want to hand out any more warnings. If you disagree with a member and can't retort their opinion without insults, just walk away.

I know I was out of line, and I told you ahead of time that I apologize. That being said, I'll continue here.

& I agree with you, I don't want to extend Romo passed this contract and we should thank him for everything and let him walk.

How do you prefer Romo to play? Sit in the pocket, take 15 sacks per game and only hit the sure throws? You'll lose every game.

No, I do not expect him to take 15 sacks a game. But I definitely expect him to throw the ball away more often. I expect him to take the sack instead of throwing the high% INT as well. A 2nd and 14 is much more managable to me than a Pick 6.

Maybe that's just my opinion. Rolling Eyes

MaddHatter wrote:
You guys crack me up... bring out the torches Laughing

Okay, deal. Maybe we could use the "annointing oil" to light it up also.

Wondering where I can apply for the DCRA?

Last edited by Cicero on Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dahobofest wrote:
I really don't understand how you could let a quarterback like Tony walk with this offensive line. Who could possibly do better behind this offensive line? You think Romo likes having to run away from defenders and escape the pocket? No, he'd love to be able to throw from there. Who are you going to find to play better with this offensive line?

Jay Cutler played better tonight with just as bad if not worse of an O-line...

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
Desperado82

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dahobofest wrote:
I really don't understand how you could let a quarterback like Tony walk with this offensive line. Who could possibly do better behind this offensive line? You think Romo likes having to run away from defenders and escape the pocket? No, he'd love to be able to throw from there. Who are you going to find to play better with this offensive line?

Well see...there's the thing. Hopefully, however the season plays out, we'll draft an OL in the 1st round next year. Then, the smart thing to do would be to draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd and groom him for a year behind Romo.

If Romo doesn't play great in 2013, let him walk and allow the new guy to take over in 2014.

^^^mack
dahobofest

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:57 am    Post subject: Re: Postgame Thread: Chicago @ Dallas Reply with quote

Cicero wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
Cicero wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

All I ask, is keep it to football. I don't want to hand out any more warnings. If you disagree with a member and can't retort their opinion without insults, just walk away.

I know I was out of line, and I told you ahead of time that I apologize. That being said, I'll continue here.

& I agree with you, I don't want to extend Romo passed this contract and we should thank him for everything and let him walk.

How do you prefer Romo to play? Sit in the pocket, take 15 sacks per game and only hit the sure throws? You'll lose every game.

No, I do not expect him to take 15 sacks a game. But I definitely expect him to throw the ball away more often. I expect him to take the sack instead of throwing the high% INT as well. A 2nd and 14 is much more managable to me than a Pick 6.

what's the high percent interception? A ball thrown to Dez Bryant? A ball thrown to Ogletree?
dahobofest

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
dahobofest wrote:

Well see...there's the thing. Hopefully, however the season plays out, we'll draft an OL in the 1st round next year. Then, the smart thing to do would be to draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd and groom him for a year behind Romo.

If Romo doesn't play great in 2013, let him walk and allow the new guy to take over in 2014.

Yes, because one o-lineman will make them suddenly great. Rolling Eyes And then this 2nd round QB will be better than Romo Rolling Eyes
Lazyking

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dahobofest wrote:

By the time the offensive line gets better, who knows? Romo might be washed up by then. He's not 25 and the o-line is not like a magical fix.

Getting rid of Romo in two seasons might be a smart move if you have a guy in waiting. I'm not really for or against it but lets not act like Romo has 8 really good years left.. Probably five at most so gotta look to the future sometime.
dahobofest

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
dahobofest wrote:

Jay Cutler played better tonight with just as bad if not worse of an O-line...

He didn't have to do much as he was spotted 14 points and the ball within the 50 3 times....
Cicero

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Re: Postgame Thread: Chicago @ Dallas Reply with quote

dahobofest wrote:
Cicero wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
Cicero wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

what's the high percent interception? A ball thrown to Dez Bryant? A ball thrown to Ogletree?

The shovel pass to Witten was a high% FUM or INT. The INT he threw to Austin was a high% INT. Both of which, if weren't thrown, were drives that could have brought us back into the game. Period.

Last edited by Cicero on Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Desperado82

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dahobofest wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
dahobofest wrote:

Yes, because one o-lineman will make them suddenly great. Rolling Eyes And then this 2nd round QB will be better than Romo Rolling Eyes

The eye roll is cute.

Say we get Barrett Jones, plug him in at center. You now have Smith-Livings-Jones-Arkin-Free. That's a much better OL than what we have now.

And y'know what...maybe that 2nd round QB won't be better than Romo right away...but it's better than doing what we did in the late 90s when we let Aikman retire without bothering to get a suitable replacement to step in and suffered through the likes of Quincy Carter, Clint Stroener and back-to-back-to-back 5-11 seasons.

^^^mack
dahobofest

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:01 am    Post subject: Re: Postgame Thread: Chicago @ Dallas Reply with quote

Cicero wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
Cicero wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

I still don't understand. So you'd trade all those plays Tony romo makes when he steps up in the pocket when facing pressure for this one time that he fumbles the ball and it happens to be returned like 80 yards for a touchdown? Would you really trade all those positive plays for one negative play?
dahobofest

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Re: Postgame Thread: Chicago @ Dallas Reply with quote

Cicero wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
Cicero wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
Cicero wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

The shovel pass to Witten was a high% FUM or INT. The INT he threw to Austin was a high% INT. Both of which, if weren't thrown, were drives that could have brought us back into the game. Period.

Like I said in the other thread, I'm done with you and refuse to acknowledge your posts further.

That wasn't a shovel pass to Witten. Why would he throw the ball under hand? He wasn't. He was stepping up with the ball in two hands.

The 4th and 5th interceptions were garbage time toss around interceptions down by 20+ points trying to put something on the board quickly... Romo even said so himself in the post-game interview. If you think that's Romo's play in a competitive game, you're wrong.
Cicero

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:05 am    Post subject: Re: Postgame Thread: Chicago @ Dallas Reply with quote

dahobofest wrote:
Cicero wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
Cicero wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

I still don't understand. So you'd trade all those plays Tony romo makes when he steps up in the pocket when facing pressure for this one time that he fumbles the ball and it happens to be returned like 80 yards for a touchdown? Would you really trade all those positive plays for one negative play?

If it was only one FUM or INT, in crucial moments, I could excuse. The fact that he's had a history of bonehead plays, makes this game the tipping point for me.

dahobofest

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Re: Postgame Thread: Chicago @ Dallas Reply with quote

Cicero wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
Cicero wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
Cicero wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

If it was only one FUM or INT, in crucial moments, I could excuse. The fact that he's had a history of bonehead plays, makes this game the tipping point for me.

I'm talking about this situation. Stepping up to make a play.

And what "bonehead" plays? You could say that about any quarterback that slings the ball around.
Desperado82

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Re: Postgame Thread: Chicago @ Dallas Reply with quote

dahobofest wrote:

And what "bonehead" plays? You could say that about any quarterback that slings the ball around.

Seems to happen to Romo quite a lot though, doesn't it?

^^^mack
dahobofest

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:09 am    Post subject: Re: Postgame Thread: Chicago @ Dallas Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
dahobofest wrote:

Seems to happen to Romo quite a lot though, doesn't it?

When you want to make it out like that and when you have an offensive line like that, yes. Name me a quarterback who doesn't make "bonehead" plays and has a bad offensive line. You can't have it both ways. You can't have a quarterback that makes up for his lack of offensive line and can't put up with the negative plays. If you don't want the occasional fumble or interception, then don't expect them to produce any points either.

Last edited by dahobofest on Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 2 of 15

Jump to: