Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My plan/Where we go from here

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Grade the Mock Draft
A
37%
 37%  [ 3 ]
B
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
C
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
D
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 8

RDawg10

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: My plan/Where we go from here Reply with quote

After a tough loss on Monday night i seem to see some jets fans saying oh wow i think we arent as bad as we think or saying oh we should stick with Sanchez. Well last week it was the exact opposite. All in all, getting your you know what kicked by a good team can make the coaches as well as players wake up. They played tough yesterday. Steve Young may have called the performance "cute" but it was a hard fought TEAM performance that young guys all stepped up for injured starters.

All in all

One thing deserves a lot of credit and thats coaching.

Sparano and Westoff deserve a whole lot of credit. The gameplan for the offense was spot on. Playcalling was good, although the two timeouts we lost due to communication errors definetly hurt. But not all the blame can go on Sparano, its lack of communication as a whole in those situations. Westoff obviously wasnt happy with last weeks performance and was absolutely brilliant this week. When the players all do their specific role correctly whether it be KR/PR/P something good happens. Rex and Pettine also deserve credit as well because some of the coverage really got to schaub, at points he was stuck and had no one to throw to. Schaub made some spectacular 3rd down conversions as well that i feel really showed how good he is, especially sticking in the pocket until he couldnt no more.

Where we go from here

In my eyes its simple, Mark is our quarterback for this year and the next there is no doubt about it. Starting Tebow wont happen no matter how much Woody demands it, as well as the media and fans demand it. All of us true jets fan understand that this team can win with Sanchez. He will never be a top ten quarterback but he can put up good numbers and win games. This comes to my next point.. no more Geno Smith talk or any other quarterbacks in the 1st round. Its just not going to happen. In my eyes its not a good idea. Sanchez is a guy that will just get better growing with Hill and Kerley and Holmes. We havent gave Sanchez wide recievers to grow on, we cant just ditch him now. Our main goal this offseason needs to be Offensive line and running back ... period. If this team can protect the quarterback and run the ball, the offense can succeed.

1) We ride this roster out the rest of the year and do not and i mean do not start Tebow. This team like ive said before can grind out wins. We wont dominate teams, not even close but we can win. It all honesty we get Pouha, Keller, Hill healthy and i think we win that game yesterday. Either way we still can win games, we now enter the part of the schedule that we should begin to succeed and win because of the fact that we play weaker opponents.

2) We go into this offseason with 3 ideal positions of need G, RB, OLB. Due to the fact that RB's are so hard to find in free agency, i believe its now important to take one in the first BUT not be blinded by a chance to select Mingo/J Jones. Other guy to note is Manti Te'o. Hes a guy that would immediately make our defense better. Hes just a stud and i know we just drafted Demario but Te'o is another guy i think you think long and hard about. If one of those guys falls to our lap we take them.

Free Agency

Cliff Avril OLB- hes KEY provides speed at the OLB

Andy Levitre LG- We need a replacement there and Levitre at 26 years old would be another big signing.

Both of these guys will demand some money therefore making it tough to get our hands on some other guys but i would say

Anthony Fasano TE- Great blocker, hands, good fit and easy fit with Sparano.

Matt Moore- QB we release Tebow.

These are the basic guys we make sure we bring in

Resign Landry
Resign Slauson
Resign Maybin
Resign Folk
Resign Austin Howard
Resign Dustin Keller

Release Jason Smith, Scott, Pace, Tebow

Let Walk Moore, Devito, Bell, Thomas.

My Mock Draft

Jets finish around 14-20 im guessing.

1st round- Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina- hes a guy we need, great pass catcher, good size, as well as a guy that has proven to play with the best in college. I tend to like drafting SEC guys over anyone mainly because its the most powerful conference in football. This guy has all the tools to be a special player in the NFL hes a no brainer to me.

2nd round Demontre Moore OLB Texas A & M- This guy to me will eventually rise up draft boards before the draft. If anyone really likes college football, you will see that this guy is the ideal player for any 3-4 team. In my eyes hes the biggest sleeper as of right now but i will tell you guys hes going to be a big name by the end of the year. Hes a force at 6-4 250 not to mention hes got ridiculous pass rushing skills.

Trade up into second round and give up 2014 2nd/3rd

2nd Round Travis Frederick G Wisconsin. He is a guy i could see fall mainly because the Wisconsin offense has had a tough job running the ball this year but thats because hes playing in between two first year guys. All in all hes a great player especially last year when he was in between Peter Konz and Zietler, Wisconsin was a force running the ball. Put him next to Mangold and i think he could be a player.

3rd Round - Cobi Hamilton WR Arkansas. His play speaks for itself. Hes a guy that due to the injury issues to Tyler Wilson could be a guy that may fall alittle bit in the draft. His play speaks for itself though. Hes a reliable target thats 6-3 and pretty fast. He cannot be passed if he drops to this round.

4th Round- Nico Johnson ILB Alabama. I think if this guy falls hes a must. You could also eye Mauti from Penn State as well. They are both talented players at there positions and in my eyes are just plain and simple a SAFE pick. I think Demario Davis is a good player i just dont know how good he will be. It doesnt hurt to add competition and in my eyes these guys might be the BPA at this point in the draft.

5th Round- Chris Faulk OT LSU. Currently Faulk is done for the year with a knee injury but hes the type of guy that if he enters the nfl draft, he could be a guy that falls big time. When healthy Faulk would have been a 1st round pick in my eyes. I dont think you pass this guy up especially in the late rounds. Its time to take chances, we need talent, not mediocre guys at best.

6th Round- Brad Wing P LSU. Time to solve the punting woes. Its plain and simple. Bring in the best punter in college football.

7th Round- Ray Ray Armstrong S Formerly of U of Miami. This guy is a stud but due to his issues at Miami and transfering out, he could be a guy that doesnt even get drafted. He was ruled ineligible for the NAIA for Faulkner U so hes not playing in 2012 but hes worth the gamble. At 6-4 223 and as talented as he is, i hope we wouldnt pass him up.

QB- Sanchez

RB- Lattimore

FB- Conner

WR 1- Holmes

WR 2-Hill

SWR-Kerley

TE- Keller

OT- Ferguson

LG- Levitre

C- Mangold

RG- Fredericks

OT- Howard

RE- Wilkerson

NT- Pouha

LE- Coples

OLB- Avril

MLB- Harris

MLB- N. Johnson

OLB- Moore

CB- Cromartie

CB- Revis

S- Landry

S- Bush

K- Folk

P- Wing

KR- Mcknight

PR- Kerley

At this point this roster is built with young guys and it also allows us to eye a first round quarterback in the 2014 draft unless Mark shows us something remarkable. Mark isn't going away and this would allow mark to have one more chance to prove what hes capable of. In my eyes we are extremely better at the LB position after this free agency and draft. We also add two guards that should support the run game importantly. Lattimore should add another dimension to this offense. Then guys like Faulk, Ray Ray would both be gamblers but could pay off.

I know not all this will happen but im hoping thats the type of path we go from here i think its best for the team. Getting a quarterback in the 1st round this year is not an option. We are not gonna pay Mark like 10 million then draft a quarterback thats just going to provide another controversy. Tyler Bray is a guy i would keep an eye on. He gets better every week and if he stays for his senior season he would be an interesting name to watch. Hes a tall guy to 6,6 i know we are sick of midget quarterbacks too.

Yeah i dont have enough time to reread it for mistakes so hopefully it made sense
ekill08x

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be very happy with this. However, I think we REALLY need to have several trade downs like the Pats do every year.

Lattimore is the only back right now that impresses me. But a first round back is kind of overrated, and in any other year, Lattimore is a day two pick. Id trade down.

Love the Frederick pick. ALso love the Faulk pick. I am a big fan of the other OT from LSU too. This would be a great draft, unfortunately we dont have great value drafts like this and make idiotic moves.

Still think we should bring in another QB too to compete. Sanchez CANNOT be handed his job on a silver platter. He has got to compete.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
green24

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really like the idea of a first round back, but it's definitely a need.

I don't see us starting a 4th round pick over Demario Davis.
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

re-signed Keller and sign Fasano? That is not smart. Fasano is not even that irreplaceable.

Avril has yet to prove that he can play OLB so what makes you think his speed will cover some area? He will commit to big contract.

Draft is good. Moore has tendency to make a bonehead play so watch out for that.
jetfuel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to disagree on a few things. First is that Sanchez will get benched because Rex is going to try and save his job and Mike T. How can anyone stay with a QB that has all kinds of balls knocked down and does not adjust to it. I've been a jet fan a long time, almost 30 years, and I hate when a jet QB drops back in big game moments and all i can think is just don't throw an int. This is not a good sign at all because if i feel it I know some jet players feel the same. We need to put both Tebow and Sanchez behind us and move on. I would use the first round pick on Man'ti. This guy can lead a D. I would then trade Harris for draft picks. I'm so tired of his slow [inappropriate/removed].

I do like the Latt pick. This guy is going to be a beast.
Revis4president

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said my dude. Love the draft. Free agency seems realistic. At this point im a toss up between Barwin or Avril. I want atleast one of them. Avril reminds me alot of Maybin though, part of me thinks we might need to steer away from him and not overpay. As far as the draft goes any ex football player or coach would tell you Lattimore is a guy you want. Hes the type of guy that doesnt have flaws to his game, and to be able to dominate the SEC at times is scary. Love Ray Ray i saw him play a couple times, hes an all star, Im a Miami fan and i was pissed to see his talents get ousted. I also like Moore, hes been on fire this season and is really starting to grow as a player. When you see a guy just get better by the year and by week you know hes got a high ceiling.

If i was Woody id hire you to give me a draft like that.
Revis4president

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxcZIEZN-1I

enough said

Guy is made for us. 7 sacks 12.5 tackles for loss. 35 tackles through 4 games.
werds35

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! in that clip dude has mad skills and great instincts! I need to see more though. a few of his sacks, he was unblocked.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might be my favorite one so far. My only concern is having Bush as a starter. He hasn't proved anything yet. It will depend on how good he does through out the season. I don't think Nico will come in and start Day #1. I love Lattimore & Moore.

Quote:
Life passes most people by while they're busy making grand plans for it. - Johnny Depp
werds35

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTNtQQvE7LE&feature=related

This is a great game by Moore!
teamorange

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gave it a D would give it an F. No need for a RB in the first round
RDawg10

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
Gave it a D would give it an F. No need for a RB in the first round

lol oh really.. you would give the draft and F because of one pick? great expertise btw and we wouldnt go RB? where else should we go and how about why..
Rich51

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gave the draft a B. Baseded on your draft position it seens like we win about 8 games. To win 8 games I feel Mark has to perform better than he did in games 2-4 therefore I agree that he deserves another year. Since you pick up Moore and dump Tebow I would feel comfortable going into 2013. However if they only win 2 or 3 more games I would think we have to get a qb in the first or second.

I like Moore and Levitre but not so much Fasano and I'm not sure if Avril is worth big money.

I think i'd keep Devito and Bell depending on how they play the rest of the year but agree about the others although I haven't checked on Pace and Scott's cap hit.

I like Lattimore in the first but I doubt he's available at 14-20. If he's not we might want to take one in the second. For me it's too early for the rest of the draft but I like the positions you addressed, rb, OLB, OG, WR and even the ILB in the middle rounds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: