Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 4 JS and yeah, nominations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheStarStillShines

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those 2 missed passes were critical plays. The WRs were wide-open and hitting them could have changed the outcome of the game.

Then again, one time it was Bryant who got free and he likely would have dropped the pass anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheStarStillShines wrote:
Those 2 missed passes were critical plays. The WRs were wide-open and hitting them could have changed the outcome of the game.

Then again, one time it was Bryant who got free and he likely would have dropped the pass anyway.

The first three interceptions that weren't his fault were much worse than the 2 missed throws... they could have won without the two throws, they couldn't have won with those interceptions.
Tony7188

I still think Romo could have thrown a better ball to Dez. He was wide open.

But still, Dez has been a major... MAJOR dissappointment. Can't believe he got #88. He has got to start living up to his talent. If he doesn't figure it out the rest of this season, they need to start listening to TRADE offers.

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
Tha King

dahobofest wrote:
Tha King wrote:
Game-ball:(in order)

1. Offensive line pass protection - As the weeks go buy I feel that we're gaining more and more continuity on the line,I believe we had few or no penalties caused by the line which gives me some hope for the future.

2. Jason Witten - 13 receptions,112 yards and a touchdown(on a meaningless drive,but still).I'm glad to see Witten being himself and I'm hoping he continues this past the bye week.

Jockstrap:(in order)

1. Tony Romo - Say what you will,he made some plays today,and two of the interceptions were his receivers fault,but missing both Miles/Dez on seam routes for possible touchdowns and throwing 3 interceptions that were on him make me give him this first jockstrap.

2. O-Line run blocking - The line was great in pass protection(at least that's how my fan eyes saw it),but our run blocking was again abysmal and left us as a one dimensional team.

3. Dez/Ogletree - Yes,Dez missed a few catches today and wrong the wrong route that caused a pick 6,but he's getting better and getting open ,which is why I'm not as harsh as him as others.Ogletree.... he costs us some points also.

4. Coaching - It just feels like both Garrett/Ryan can't make adjustments,Rob was great last week but had a horrible game today,Garrett continues down the path of mediocre coaching which will surely get him fired(probably not since Jerry loves him).

So you're giving him a jockstrap for missing two throws???? Only two picks were his fault and they were in garbage time... I don't buy it.

Specifically his fumble/interception after Ware's sack caused me to give him the JS.I suppose it was just a personal thing,were I was feeling bummed that the game was getting out of hand,than Ware makes a game-changing sack and Romo gives it right back...
Tony7188

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dahobofest wrote:

The first three interceptions that weren't his fault were much worse than the 2 missed throws... they could have won without the two throws, they couldn't have won with those interceptions.

Agreed. Two of them went for TD's. The last one we was in FG range... gotta play smart.

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
Tha King

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:

But still, Dez has been a major... MAJOR dissappointment. Can't believe he got #88. He has got to start living up to his talent. If he doesn't figure it out the rest of this season, they need to start listening to TRADE offers.

Disagree,if we trade him we have Austin with his hammy injuries and an inconsistent Ogletree,and I don't want us to have to use a high draft pick/free agent money on a receiver when there's MUCH bigger needs.
TheStarStillShines

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
dahobofest wrote:

Agreed. Two of them went for TD's. The last one we was in FG range... gotta play smart.

The combination of those plays - 3 INTs and 2 missed passes - really were the turning points. 14 points given up by the offence and 14 points not put on the board. That's a 28-point swing.

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
dahobofest wrote:

The combination of those plays - 3 INTs and 2 missed passes - really were the turning points. 14 points given up by the offence and 14 points not put on the board. That's a 28-point swing.

Pretty much this.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
dahobofest

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tha King wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
Tha King wrote:

1. Offensive line pass protection - As the weeks go buy I feel that we're gaining more and more continuity on the line,I believe we had few or no penalties caused by the line which gives me some hope for the future.

2. Jason Witten - 13 receptions,112 yards and a touchdown(on a meaningless drive,but still).I'm glad to see Witten being himself and I'm hoping he continues this past the bye week.

1. Tony Romo - Say what you will,he made some plays today,and two of the interceptions were his receivers fault,but missing both Miles/Dez on seam routes for possible touchdowns and throwing 3 interceptions that were on him make me give him this first jockstrap.

2. O-Line run blocking - The line was great in pass protection(at least that's how my fan eyes saw it),but our run blocking was again abysmal and left us as a one dimensional team.

3. Dez/Ogletree - Yes,Dez missed a few catches today and wrong the wrong route that caused a pick 6,but he's getting better and getting open ,which is why I'm not as harsh as him as others.Ogletree.... he costs us some points also.

4. Coaching - It just feels like both Garrett/Ryan can't make adjustments,Rob was great last week but had a horrible game today,Garrett continues down the path of mediocre coaching which will surely get him fired(probably not since Jerry loves him).

So you're giving him a jockstrap for missing two throws???? Only two picks were his fault and they were in garbage time... I don't buy it.

Specifically his fumble/interception after Ware's sack caused me to give him the JS.I suppose it was just a personal thing,were I was feeling bummed that the game was getting out of hand,than Ware makes a game-changing sack and Romo gives it right back...

What would you prefer Romo had done on that with the free pass rush? He stepped up to avoid pressure like he should have... he had two hands on the ball and just got it stripped out. Blame the Bernadeau for letting a guy have a free run.
Tha King

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dahobofest wrote:
Tha King wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
Tha King wrote:

What would you prefer Romo had done on that with the free pass rush? He stepped up to avoid pressure like he should have... he had two hands on the ball and just got it stripped out. Blame the Bernadeau for letting a guy have a free run.

I'll have to look back at the play,but from what I saw,Romo escaped the pressure and 'tried' to make a play down-field but when he tried switching hands to throw it he fumbled it and it got picked off.

I'm a huge Romo supporter,but on first down/after a big turnover by the defense,you've got to live to fight another day.
dahobofest

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tha King wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
Tha King wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
Tha King wrote:

I'll have to look back at the play,but from what I saw,Romo escaped the pressure and 'tried' to make a play down-field but when he tried switching hands to throw it he fumbled it and it got picked off.

I'm a huge Romo supporter,but on first down/after a big turnover by the defense,you've got to live to fight another day.

There's no "another day" behind this offensive line.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GB: Brian Moorman... Yeah - I'm serious

JS: OL, Sensabaugh, McCray, Murray, Dez, Ogletree, Romo

Sig courtesy of mack.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tha King wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
Tha King wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
Tha King wrote:

He stepped up in the pocket and got hit from behind and the defender popped hte ball out and forward - it wasn't an INT, rather a FF but since it didn't hit the ground I suppose it was ruled an INT anyway

Sig courtesy of mack.
THE BIG CHEEZE

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:
GB: Tony Romo.

Many might look at his 5 INTs and say he doesn't belong. I disagree, he was under pressure through out the game and was constantly able to make plays to even give us a chance. When QBs are under pressure and trying to make plays mistakes happen. Romo had 2 INTs that were his fault and 2 over thrown balls, but he constantly made plays when everything was going against us. Romo did not have a great game by any means but if a certain WR decided to show up we could be talking about a completely different outcome.

JS: Dez Bryant.

He is TO 2.0. This kid is baby'd so much and it is hindering the ones around him. How can you have a cohesive unit when there is no accountability. This team needs to get rid of Bryant and look to become a no BS team, but that will never happen under a Owner like Jerry Jones. I wish Jason Garrett had complete control of this team, we could be looking at a team like SF.

You can't be serious, the only pick that was not his fault was the Ogletree pick. The sight adjustment was still a bad pass. It would still have been late. This loss is almost all Tony's fault. He missed two wide open seam routes, that were sure touchdowns. Four picks and two missed throw's equate to more than two drops and a missed route. I'm probably the biggest Romo fan around and I think he is Elite. I also am beginning to think he can't win in Dallas. He would have won playoff games in Pittsburgh or or Kansas City, but he folds under the eye's of Texas stadium. As for getting rid of Dez Bryant, thats another ridiculous statement...Because what? His pants? His mother dealing out of a house that he pays for so he slapped her? A few dropped passes? His personal life is none of your concern and it hasn't gotten him suspended. I watched the tight end from Chicago drop three passes tonight, big deal. So we cut Dez and start who??? Cole beasly??? As much as I love the long running joke, I find it more funny that people are in here defending Romo after that game.
THE BIG CHEEZE

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tha King wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:

Disagree,if we trade him we have Austin with his hammy injuries and an inconsistent Ogletree,and I don't want us to have to use a high draft pick/free agent money on a receiver when there's MUCH bigger needs.

Thank you! Trading Dez sounds like the worst idea I have heard in while. Unless you get two first's or a first and a second.

The person who we should have traded was Felix Jones two years ago. I don't post often( like two years) but when it is, it's usually about trading Felix.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: