Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Meriweather out at least a week
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Meriweather out at least a week Reply with quote

http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2012/10/01/quick-hits-brandon-meriweather-out-at-least-a-week/

Quote:
Redskins coach Mike Shanahan said that safety Brandon Meriweather re-injured the MCL and PCL in his left knee during his pre-game collision with Aldrick Robinson in Sunday. Meriweather is expected to miss at least a week of action. He has yet to make his regular season debut.

Shanahan said Robinson was unconscious for more than a minute. He is being monitored for a concussion.
so Meriweather re-injured his knee and will miss at least another week. Robinson is being monitored, my guess is that he misses this game also.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not good when we are about to play a high powered offense like the Falcons have. Its time to blitz...a lot!

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-1 Tackle
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So from what I saw, it didnt look like Meriweather and Robinson were playing around like a lot of people said. Just like accidental contact that lead to this. Meriweather seemed to be trying to catch a ball and didnt see Robinson in front.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they should cut aldrick robinson, treason

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its a lil ironic that we brought in Brandon because Laron couldnt stay healthy!!!! After watching the Jets game, I dont think we are missing much in Larons absence. He was pretty horrible in pass coverage!!!
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If B W couldn't take a hit in pre-game ,,he wasn't ready anyway ! We're always rushing hurt players back too soon.
mike23md

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
I think its a lil ironic that we brought in Brandon because Laron couldnt stay healthy!!!! After watching the Jets game, I dont think we are missing much in Larons absence. He was pretty horrible in pass coverage!!!

Yeah, but what he lacks in pass coverage, he makes up for in run defense.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
DCRED

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
If B W couldn't take a hit in pre-game ,,he wasn't ready anyway ! We're always rushing hurt players back too soon.

I Agree with the first part.
The second? I think the players share some blame if coming back early too, because I bet most of them are sayin they feel fine just to get back out and play the game. Probably both sides are eager to see them get back out there, and the doctor is going by how the player tells them they feel as well as examinations

But this sounds like a more random thing than him not being close to 100% for the game (thanks 21ATW)
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read they started Doughty over Gomes because they thought he would be more dependable on short notice having not practiced as a starter -- Meriwether took the snaps in practice most of the week. I hope they go back to Gomes this week..
DCRED

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
I read they started Doughty over Gomes because they thought he would be more dependable on short notice having not practiced as a starter -- Meriwether took the snaps in practice most of the week. I hope they go back to Gomes this week..

You, me and a whole lotta other people hope that .
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

You, me and a whole lotta other people hope that .
same here, although for most of the game our secondary looked the best it had all year with Doughty in there instead of Gomes. Between the two though, I'd definitely want to see Gomes playing, gaining experience and improving because I still think there is a good chance he will be our future starting SS.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
kerrdawg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed that during the game you didn't see them line Doughty up in man coverage a lot; whereas in previous weeks Gomes was used a lot in man coverage. I think they understand that Doughty is weak in coverage and called the defensive plays accordingly.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kerrdawg wrote:
I noticed that during the game you didn't see them line Doughty up in man coverage a lot; whereas in previous weeks Gomes was used a lot in man coverage. I think they understand that Doughty is weak in coverage and called the defensive plays accordingly.
Aren't all our DBs a weak in coverage but Josh Wilson?
Slateman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
kerrdawg wrote:

Yea. Wilson is only mediocre ....
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
kerrdawg wrote:

Yea. Wilson is only mediocre ....
well when the other 3 guys around you flat out suck in coverage, it's harder to be better than average. If you need an example, look at how Wilson played for the ravens. When those surrounding him in the secondary were on his level or better, he was better.

It's why I advocate signing Cary Williams, CB from the Ravens in FA to start him alongside Wilson and then drafting the BA FS prospect in round 2 like a Jefferson from Oklahoma or a Lester from Alabama.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: