Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Santonio Holmes Placed on IR (Linsfranc Injury)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jetsqb101

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are letting the fact that Holmes is annoying/quit last year blind you of the fact that he's still a great wide receiver.
green24

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsqb101 wrote:
You guys are letting the fact that Holmes is annoying/quit last year blind you of the fact that he's still a great wide receiver.

No doubt he's our best WR. However, I think it could make sense to let him go and start over with a new WR core. If Holmes does not return, we should be looking anywhere we can to find a #1 receiver to start across from Hill next season.
Sapo28

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Cro was the second best CB and WR on the team then his value just sky rocketed...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad with his value on D with Revis out we can't afford him riskin injury playing both ways to test that claim
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Jetsqb101 wrote:

No doubt he's our best WR. However, I think it could make sense to let him go and start over with a new WR core. If Holmes does not return, we should be looking anywhere we can to find a #1 receiver to start across from Hill next season.

While it would be nice to cut ties with Holmes, I doubt we will. We can't cut him unless we eat his $7.5 mil guaranteed salary, and I doubt any team will want to trade for a player coming off an injury with that kind of deal. I think we are stuck with him for at least one more year. If that's the case, I still want us to add a quality starting WR, if Hill doesn't progress much more.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 20 SACK: 1 FF: 1 INT:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: