Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Quick Escrow Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bowler1215

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Quick Escrow Question Reply with quote

I got my escrow statement the other day. Basically it said I have to have a minimum balance. I had more than that in it and they cut me a check for the difference. I'm not complaining about getting the check, but why didnt they just keep it all in my escrow to begin with?
theJ

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Escrows are shady business. I personally don't escrow my taxes or insurance because of things like this. I'd rather save the money every month in a separate checking account and pay it when it comes due. The caveat is that you have to have 20% equity in your home to do this, in most cases.

I don't know the answer to your question, but at least it wasn't the other way around. I've heard of cases where the escrow company withholds too little for a few years, then back charges you all at once or divides the back charges over the next year. Imagine your mortgage payments going up $400 a month all of the sudden!

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: