Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Do you look for "The one"?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ravens_rool28

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bohlmann20 wrote:
Definitely! I feel there's no reason to be wasting another's time in a relationship if you have no intention of attempting to be that person's long term significant other.

I am not saying the other person has to be perfect however. She just needs to be right for me.

How do you know if she's got potential to be your long term significant other without making her your significant other to begin with? She could be a completely dfferent "friend" and GF.

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

fretgod99

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The idea that there's a perfect person out there for everybody gives people the idea that you don't have to work to make a relationship function properly. Having a successful relationship is hard work. If you want yours to succeed, you have to put in the effort.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:
The idea that there's a perfect person out there for everybody gives people the idea that you don't have to work to make a relationship function properly. Having a successful relationship is hard work. If you want yours to succeed, you have to put in the effort.

Shenanigans. Just find her. It's sooooooooo much easier.
Bohlmann20

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Bohlmann20 wrote:
Definitely! I feel there's no reason to be wasting another's time in a relationship if you have no intention of attempting to be that person's long term significant other.

I am not saying the other person has to be perfect however. She just needs to be right for me.

How do you know if she's got potential to be your long term significant other without making her your significant other to begin with? She could be a completely dfferent "friend" and GF.

When she makes you feel hot and warm inside. If she was perfect as a friend, you wouldn't feel that.
ravens_rool28

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bohlmann20 wrote:
ravens_rool28 wrote:
Bohlmann20 wrote:

When she makes you feel hot and warm inside. If she was perfect as a friend, you wouldn't feel that.

So gut instinct? And I didn't mean "friend" as in an actual friend. I guess acquaintance(idc if that's spelled wrong) would be a better word.

What I'm saying is how do you know she could be your wife, without getting to know her as your GF first? You gotta start somewhere, when it comes to getting to know someone on a significant other level.

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

Bohlmann20

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravens_rool28 wrote:
What I'm saying is how do you know she could be your wife, without getting to know her as your GF first? You gotta start somewhere, when it comes to getting to know someone on a significant other level.

Well the answer to that, for me, goes beyond my posting powers here.

I'll just say she has to have identical morals (strong morals at that), she has to be cute (I feel shallow for saying that :[ ), and there has to be instant chemistry from the first time you meet.
ravens_rool28

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bohlmann20 wrote:
ravens_rool28 wrote:

Well the answer to that, for me, goes beyond my posting powers here.

I'll just say she has to have identical morals (strong morals at that), she has to be cute (I feel shallow for saying that :[ ), and there has to be instant chemistry from the first time you meet.

You dirty dog.

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

SiLo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:

Shenanigans. Just find her. It's sooooooooo much easier.

^This, most people are just to lazy. They settle for a house on the hill rather than the summit. It might be good but not best by any chance.

relationship is hard work

that's why most end in divorce right?

Bird Watch: Brandon Boykin
27 TACKLES 0 SACK 1 FF 2 INT
incognito_man

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:

I've never understand the hard-work part. I've been with my girl for over 10 years now and it (the relationship process) has never been hard once.

Did i get lucky or something?

I always thought it should be easy, that's kinda what it's all about, right?

*edited for lulz
fretgod99

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
I've never understand the hard-work part. I've been with my girl for over 10 years now and it's never been hard once.

Relationships are easy when everything is going great, everybody has the job they want, finances are well enough, kids aren't causing stress, etc. Relationships take work. If you're good at it, it doesn't feel like work most of the time and you might appreciate or enjoy the things that are necessary to maintain a healthy, loving relationship. But there's a lot of work involved to make it work, particularly when everything else in your life isn't hunky-dory. That's when you learn how invested you are in a relationship.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
I've never understand the hard-work part. I've been with my girl for over 10 years now and it's never been hard once.

Relationships are easy when everything is going great, everybody has the job they want, finances are well enough, kids aren't causing stress, etc. Relationships take work. If you're good at it, it doesn't feel like work most of the time and you might appreciate or enjoy the things that are necessary to maintain a healthy, loving relationship. But there's a lot of work involved to make it work, particularly when everything else in your life isn't hunky-dory. That's when you learn how invested you are in a relationship.

Very true. IT should be easy when things are great. Inevitably though, things will not always be easy. Having kids is very stressful, and there is no taking a break from that. Losing your job, or just trouble at work can be very stressful. Money of course is another big issue for many. If you stay with someone long enough, trouble is going to come up, and you need to be willing to put the work in. You have to honor the commitment you made getting married, which often requires people to make concessions that they otherwise wouldn't ever have to make.

^ryknowssd on the sig
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but I wish I didn't. It would be so much easier if I was more open to dating instead of being all picky about it.
simonwayne

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Do you look for "The one"? Reply with quote

gobrowns1 wrote:
I have a friend who is extremely picky and refuses to ever date someone just for the sake of dating them. He says that most girls he has met don't fit his criteria of the one, so he doesn't want to waste his time trying to make something happen with girls he considers imperfect.

Man, that sounds just like me. I'm 19, and have only dated one girl my whole life, which didn't even last that long, but have had a good number of other girls interested. I wish I wasn't like that but I am.
bkobow05

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a chance. I have a really hard time keeping interest in whoever I'm "dating" so things never really progress. I just have little interest in relationships. There's really only ever been 3 girls that have been able to keep me around longer than a few months and two of the three ended badly.

#JDI
#EmbraceTheH8
SiLo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bird Watch: Brandon Boykin
27 TACKLES 0 SACK 1 FF 2 INT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: