Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Road Tripping on a Short Week TNF Cards @ Rams
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will Zuerlein hit another FG from 60+ this week
Yes
42%
 42%  [ 8 ]
Yes
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Nope, but one from at least 55.
42%
 42%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 19

#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

love2theOLINE wrote:
Only positive about this game is they get sometime off now.

Also put the not tough talk to rest, Kolb took a pounding and was bleeding.

Kolb's a tough customer. Give that man some time and he looks good for the most part.
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think Kolb proved a lot of doubters wrong in that regard. He took a beating yesterday and never said a word. Took full blame in the post-game presser today. I like that.

In a small bout of good news, Mike Mayock called Andre Roberts the most improved WR he'd seen on tape this season. It also sounds like Ryan Williams is ok, at least he said he was.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kolb played tough ill give him that and I'll never question his toughness again.

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading other sites, it sounds like Kolb gained a lot of people's respect last night in that area.

Still, the accuracy issues are alive and well. Way too many missed throws yesterday. Ya we dropped 3 bad balls that all would have been 1st downs (Whiz said 4 in his presser but I only remember 3) but that's no excuse for missing Rob Housler and Andre Roberts for long, easy touchdowns. Both guys were plenty open, Roberts in particular.

2 scores there and we're 5-0.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kolb was tough and that was about it in last night game. Kolb was just a much of a problem in that game as the rest of the offense. I saw about 5 missed TD last night 4 if you think Jenkins makes the tackle on Houlser I don't think he would have.

stchamp98

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boise&cards Fan wrote:
Kolb was tough and that was about it in last night game. Kolb was just a much of a problem in that game as the rest of the offense. I saw about 5 missed TD last night 4 if you think Jenkins makes the tackle on Houlser I don't think he would have.

Kolb was a problem, there's no doubt about it. I'm just not sure a QB move changes a whole lot for us. Run game will still lack, WRs will still drop those balls and the OL will still be the OL.

We're inept from top to bottom. 1 guy can't fix this. Unless that guy is like Aaron Rodgers or something.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we stay with Kolb i'm fine with that. If the move back to Skelton again i'm fine with it. I agree that the offense from top to bottom was bad. I did like what Roberts did. I would leave him out of this.

stchamp98

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boise&cards Fan wrote:
If we stay with Kolb i'm fine with that. If the move back to Skelton again i'm fine with it. I agree that the offense from top to bottom was bad. I did like what Roberts did. I would leave him out of this.

I'm right where you're at. I'd be alright with sticking with Kolb and I'd also be fine with making the move back to Skelton. I just think, the same way you do, that any move will only go so far. Ya, I'm right with you on this one Boise.

Larry, Roberts and Housler get a pass by me. Everyone else has some work to do. Hard work.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

love2theOLINE wrote:
Only positive about this game is they get sometime off now.
Housler and Roberts were huge positives, I was starting to doubt Housler a bit, glad he played well.

El ramster on the sig
El ramster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperFlyTNT wrote:
I'm going to chalk part of this up to the Thursday night thing on the road. That said - a few things:

1) I miss Levi - knew it was a bad sign when he went down. I was looking forward to perhaps a serviceable line before that happened - what is happening now is what I feared would happen when he went down.

2) Robert Quinn and Chris Long are really good - not this good though.

3) I picked a terrible time to back up Toler going into this game - he bit hard on the double-move and can't be on the field if he's going to make mental mistakes like that. Fleming not being out there is a mystery - must be some rookie issue with the coaches Razz.

I'm hoping some of the guys get healed up with this longer week - and that everyone comes out fresh against Buffalo.

Yes they are. Specially Quinn. Dude has been playing nuts all year. Where he struggles is im run support.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
SuperFlyTNT wrote:
I'm going to chalk part of this up to the Thursday night thing on the road. That said - a few things:

1) I miss Levi - knew it was a bad sign when he went down. I was looking forward to perhaps a serviceable line before that happened - what is happening now is what I feared would happen when he went down.

3) I picked a terrible time to back up Toler going into this game - he bit hard on the double-move and can't be on the field if he's going to make mental mistakes like that. Fleming not being out there is a mystery - must be some rookie issue with the coaches Razz.

I'm hoping some of the guys get healed up with this longer week - and that everyone comes out fresh against Buffalo.

Yes they are. Specially Quinn. Dude has been playing nuts all year. Where he struggles is im run support.

I was a big advocate of Quinn when he was coming out of college - the only reason he dropped to the Rams was the suspension (and perhaps his head tumor issues), which he owned up to and learned from. I thought the Rams did really well getting him no doubt.

The only reason I'm saying this is because Batiste and Massie are not NFL starting caliber tackles right now, the blocking scheme the coaches employed also didn't help them out enough, and the guards didn't help either.

Robert Quinn and Chris Long will get pressure against other offensive lines as well - but not as much as ours (remember Miami's rush ends also beat the snot out of our line).
El ramster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperFlyTNT wrote:
El ramster wrote:
SuperFlyTNT wrote:

I was a big advocate of Quinn when he was coming out of college - the only reason he dropped to the Rams was the suspension (and perhaps his head tumor issues), which he owned up to and learned from. I thought the Rams did really well getting him no doubt.

The only reason I'm saying this is because Batiste and Massie are not NFL starting caliber tackles right now, the blocking scheme the coaches employed also didn't help them out enough, and the guards didn't help either.
Quote:

Robert Quinn and Chris Long will get pressure against other offensive lines as well - but not as much as ours (remember Miami's rush ends also beat the snot out of our line).

They have all season long.. Specially chris long..
The latest players to benefit from playing the Arizona Cardinals, and their pair of dreadfully outmatched offensive tackles, were Chris Long and Robert Quinn. While Long didnít quite see the bump in his sack total that we believed that he might do from facing Bobby Massie, he still added another nine pressures (1 sack, 1 hit, 7 hurries) to take his season total to 34 after just five games. At his current pace, that will give him 109 total pressures for a 16 game season, a simply astonishing number that would obliterate the 83 he got last season.

Quinn I can argue has been our most stand out rusher. He's always getting pressure and he's being held a lot. Long is benefiting greatly having Quinn aside of him. It doesn't allow double teams like we have been accustom to seeing, and vice versa to Quinn. Quinn presence along this Dline is felt greatly..

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMFG! I have NFL Sunday Ticket and recorded last night's game because of prior plans. So, I just get to the 2 minute warning of the 1st half and it appears there was some kind of glitch! That's it. Rest of the game is non-existent even though the minutes show up on the bottom of the screen. No video. No audio. Nothing! Evil or Very Mad

Anyway, so I got to see almost a 1/2 of football. Here's what I came away with: 1) Not a fan of the heavy bias towards pass playcalling. That imbalance plays into the D's desire to rush Kolb, knowing we'll struggle to protect him. Also, leaves even more time on the clock for the opposition to utilize to keep in a game. I love our D, but that doesn't mean I want to see offenses get additional cracks at scoring on it. Since our offense isn't a dominant one, games should be low scoring and giving them more chances only decreases our odds of victory. 2) Kolb didn't have a great half. Just was not putting the ball in locations the receivers could easily make plays on. This to me seemed like more of a problem (again in the 1st half) than any dropsies...including Floyd's. Is it because his throwing lanes are rapidly shifting as the play develops due to poor OL play, causing him to be forced to throw in the "area" instead of a more precise location, or is it all on him? 3) Housler was consistently getting open and had some pretty good blocks. I like how he has developed and look forward to seeing him involved more. 4) Acho seemed to be making his presence be felt. Some pressure, some solid tackles. Surprised when I saw the game stats online that he only got 3 tackles. 5) Peterson looked like his old self handling return duties...no pressing/fumbles/etc. However, on defense, on the Rams 2nd play of the game, he didn't turn around when Amendola caught that deep pass. Actually interfered without getting flagged on that play. Amendola's body language/movement made it clear the ball was coming. I thought Peterson should have turned around and picked it off or at least knocked it away. Later, he also failed to wrap up on a tackle, only to recover to make that tackle. Had he wrapped up initially, that play wouldn't have resulted in a 1st down. 6) Sherman is still on the team, so maybe we should feel free to allow him to lead the way once in a while! Actually, I'd be interested in learning how many snaps Sherman had in each of the last 2 games. If Williams is struggling to run inside, using another body to make some holes might be worth a try...inside or out.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
5) Peterson looked like his old self handling return duties...no pressing/fumbles/etc. However, on defense, on the Rams 2nd play of the game, he didn't turn around when Amendola caught that deep pass. Actually interfered without getting flagged on that play.

He was flagged on that play I'm pretty sure. They declined, obviously.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:
5) Peterson looked like his old self handling return duties...no pressing/fumbles/etc. However, on defense, on the Rams 2nd play of the game, he didn't turn around when Amendola caught that deep pass. Actually interfered without getting flagged on that play.

He was flagged on that play I'm pretty sure. They declined, obviously.

Guess I missed that!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 43 of 45

Jump to: