Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 4 GDT: Titans(1-3) @ Vikings(3-1) 11/7 4:25PM EST
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Wins?
Titans
46%
 46%  [ 14 ]
Vikings
53%
 53%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 30

Double Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have two favorite teams, your opinion is invalid.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
and since we are on the topic, seems like alot of guys here have user names relating to former Titans players. Namely, Vince Young and Corteland Finnegan.

and that is why I didn't directly use a players name in my username. If something bad happens, where they get cut/traded/career ending injury, it makes you look silly.

just sayin. Wink

I'd rather have an outdated username than have a username that states I root for 2 teams, it makes you look silly.

just sayin. Wink

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double Agent wrote:
If you have two favorite teams, your opinion is invalid.

we typically find his opinions invalid for other reasons.

Very Happy

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

laugh it up old man...

atleast I know how to make the Vikings forum more alive. lol

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
laugh it up old man...

atleast I know how to make the Vikings forum more alive. lol

By bringing up the Steelers? Razz

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
Titanium

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans win, of course.

Trashelsuck comes in and chucks 4 TD's, 2 of them to KB.

CJ with 100+ yards.

Shocked
-Munch-

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titanium wrote:
Titans win, of course.

CJ with 100+ yards.

I'm with you on the first two. I think Trashelsuck will surprise people this week, with a week of 1st team reps and knowing he's the starter, I think he has one of those crafty veteran type games and plays really well.

Plus I don't buy the Vikings hype at all. They still suck and have a terrible defense. I mean you look at their ranks: 26th in passing, 21st in yards, 17th in PPG (and against TERRIBLE defenses, except the niners).

They BARELY escaped the Gabberts in week 1. LOST to the COLTS (haha). I still don't understand the Niners game but it was a great game-plan form what I heard and SF got ahead of themselves. Then last week beat a Detroit team that was in shambles from the week before, and has just looked awful all year. Vikes are a bottom 7 or 8 team in the league, and will probably finish with 5 or 6 wins.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Munch- wrote:
Vikes are a bottom 7 or 8 team in the league, and will
probably finish with 5 or 6 wins.

well... here's to us then racking up another coveted one this week. since there will be so few of them this year.

Very Happy

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Munch- wrote:
Titanium wrote:
Titans win, of course.

CJ with 100+ yards.

I'm with you on the first two. I think Trashelsuck will surprise people this week, with a week of 1st team reps and knowing he's the starter, I think he has one of those crafty veteran type games and plays really well.

Plus I don't buy the Vikings hype at all. They still suck and have a terrible defense. I mean you look at their ranks: 26th in passing, 21st in yards, 17th in PPG (and against TERRIBLE defenses, except the niners).

They BARELY escaped the Gabberts in week 1. LOST to the COLTS (haha). I still don't understand the Niners game but it was a great game-plan form what I heard and SF got ahead of themselves. Then last week beat a Detroit team that was in shambles from the week before, and has just looked awful all year. Vikes are a bottom 7 or 8 team in the league, and will probably finish with 5 or 6 wins.

The Vikings defense is terrible, that is completely laughable.

I find it funny how you fail to mention the Lions in any of your argument. Holding the Lions to one offensive TD and Calvin Johnson to under 70 yards is no easy feat.

Here is the Vikes defensive rankings if you care:

Total Yds - 8th best
Total Yds/Play - 3rd best
Passing Yds - 18th best
Pass Yds/Att - 6th best
Rush Yards - 8th best
Yds/Attempt - 5th best
Sacks - 7th best
20+ yard pass plays - 9th best
Points Per Game - 7th best

Cleary, you are living in the past in regards to its defense. They have a stifling run defense and have faced some tough, run oriented teams. They also have shown to have a very effective pass defense that rarely gives up big plays down field.

As for there opponents, the 49ers and Lions on the road are two very difficult opponents. The Jags certainly played MN tough, but that Colts game was just a mess with stupid penalties on the Vikings end. But lets not act like Andrew Luck is some chump either.

Lets compare that to the Titans defense. Sure its easy to say, yeah well they played Blaine Gabbert, Andrew Luck and Alex Smith, are you saying that Matt Hasselbeck is truly any better than any of those QBs? From everything I am reading, Hasselbeck is garbage and has taken on a less than flattering nickname. If your going to call the Vikings terrible, maybe you should look in the mirror first in regards to your team and how they match up.

The Vikes have shutdown a high powered offense (Detroit) and dominated a ball control offense (49ers). I think there is enough of a sample size from this year that you can make an assumption that the Vikings defense has been pretty darn good. Wink

My only knocks on the Vikes defense are they dont create a lot of Ints and they can struggle to get off the field on third down. Otherwise, they have been the backbone of this team and the primary reason why the Vikings are 3-1.
-Munch-

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
-Munch- wrote:

well... here's to us then racking up another coveted one this week. since there will be so few of them this year.

Very Happy

It's really fascinating to see what 3 wins does to a fan-base. This was the worst team in the NFL a couple weeks ago but now they're SB contenders I guess. Just be thankful you don't have to play the Colts again.
-Munch-

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:

Lets compare that to the Titans defense. Sure its easy to say, yeah well they played Blaine Gabbert, Andrew Luck and Alex Smith, are you saying that Matt Hasselbeck is truly any better than any of those QBs? From everything I am reading, Hasselbeck is garbage and has taken on a less than flattering nickname. If your going to call the Vikings terrible, maybe you should look in the mirror first in regards to your team and how they match up.

The Vikes have shutdown a high powered offense (Detroit) and dominated a ball control offense (49ers). I think there is enough of a sample size from this year that you can make an assumption that the Vikings defense has been pretty darn good. Wink

My only knocks on the Vikes defense are they dont create a lot of Ints and they can struggle to get off the field on third down. Otherwise, they have been the backbone of this team and the primary reason why the Vikings are 3-1.

I wasn't trying to say Hasselbeck is good, he's not at all. There was a lot of sarcasm and wishful thinking in saying that he'll toss 4 TD's this week. Hell I'll admit that the Titans as a team look terrible these first few games. I'm just not judging too much based off 4 games because I know we've got a talented roster and we've had to face 4 good teams (aside from the Lions maybe who are average). All I'm really saying is that in my opinion I believe MN is still a basement feeder, that's just my opinion no one has to take offense to it. I'm not fooled by a 3-1 record, If we were using that logic then the Saints will get the 1st overall pick and the Cards will win the superbowl.
Nzd07

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Munch- wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
-Munch- wrote:

Very Happy

It's really fascinating to see what 3 wins does to a fan-base. This was the worst team in the NFL a couple weeks ago but now they're SB contenders I guess. Just be thankful you don't have to play the Colts again.

If you're talking about the Titans, I agree with you.

I know most of you are mad because we think this is an easy win, but why should we believe differently? The Titans won't have McCarthy, Locker, and possibly Britt. We're playing at home and are coming off of two improbable victories. I don't think anyone is saying we're superbowl contenders. I would say 95% of the Vikings forum believes we're a 7-9 win team.

Pull your 84 jerseys out
Jay-Z wrote:
I'm not a businessman. I'm a business, man!
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nzd07 wrote:
-Munch- wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
-Munch- wrote:

Very Happy

I know most of you are mad because we think this is an easy win, but why should we believe differently? The Titans won't have McCarthy, Locker, and possibly Britt. We're playing at home and are coming off of two improbable victories. I don't think anyone is saying we're superbowl contenders. I would say 95% of the Vikings forum believes we're a 7-9 win team.

False.

Quote:
@jwyattsports: Munchak said McCarthy is expected to play on Sunday

ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@jwyattsports: Kenny Britt did individual work in practice but still needs work, Munchak said

GoneWithTheWind

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nzd07 wrote:
-Munch- wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
-Munch- wrote:

Very Happy

The only one you could say was improbably was San Fran. Detroit is simply not as good as last year leads people to believe.

Yea the majority of us consider this about a .500 team. I won't even comment on what munch said because he obviously hasn't watched a lick of the vikings this year. They've improved significantly but Rome wasn't built in a day.

That all being said I think the Vikings win this game by two scores. CJ had a nice game but we'll see if he can keep it up against what seems to be a much improved Vikes Run D.

I hope we come out more aggresively than we did vs Detroit, Jerome Simpson could be a nice piece in this offense he had his moments, he had a few nice catches as well as forcing two long PI penalites. Ponder proved he can throw and not put the ball in harms way too much vs San Fran and we need to slowly let him do more and try to make plays if we really want to develop him as a QB. Mix in some AP and we could have a nice balenced offense.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 4 of 37

Jump to: