Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What happens if we win next week?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to look at this leader of men, of the most potent offense in footballs.

He ranks 28th in passer rating
He ranks 22nd in completion percentage
He ranks 16th in yards per gam
He is tied for 14th in TDs
He is third in sacks taken (a lot of which I put on him)
He is tied for first in 1 thing...INTs.

Any wonder why his teammates are starting to lose faith? Now I'll state that the ball bounced the wrong way a lot last week, but only one was a recievers should have been caught type of a ball. That was Dex's tip.

Also, if we are a running team and we have a great rushing attack. We should never be in the top 10 in pass attempts let along the top 5. Thanks Matty for keeping us away from our strength by your turnover impotence.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This is a guy who has been to this show before. He had the SAME situation in Cleveland. He's no spring chicken. This is his LAST chance to win as a HC. Anyone if that situation would go all in, instead, he's playing the company man role.

Makes you wonder if Scotty said, Romeo, just bear with me this year, I won't fire you and we'll draft a guy next year so I don't look any more foolish about the Cassel thing.

Come one, none of us would be surprised to see Don Pioli sacrifice his pawn to save himself.

AND I HAVE OFFICIALLY HIJACKED THIS THREAD...sorry folks.
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Matt Cassel gives us the best chance to win...is the line we're being fed.

10 turnovers 5 TDs...

The front office should have to look no further that that stat line before they say, "Time to start looking for someone who actually gives us a chance to win."

I think to all of us it has become abundantly clear that Cassel's 24 and 7 year was a fluke. The Ravens D may be older, but what are we going to do when they shut down JC?

Bold prediction Cassel throws at least 3 more INTs this week but does get at least 1 TD pass, not counting the one he'll throw for Baltimore on a pick 6.

A few thoughts. Before this week Vick was #1 in turnovers. Well, Matt, congrats, you passed him.

By telling the media before they asked the question, RAC KNOWS that Cassel's play is unacceptable, and by sticking with him he is showing that his football knowledge is severely damaged.

Cassel is really lucky he doesn't have another turnover as he had yet another fumble, he just got lucky that it bounced back to him. I think he's fumbled in every game this year. How pathetic is that?

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
Rearviewmirror

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Literally the only QB playing worse right now is Weeden, a rookie with very few weapons. And he hasn't had the perk of playing the Saints D.

What a horrible wretch Cassel is, yet we're being fed the company line from Romeo. But let's be honest, we all know he's a puppet for Scott. We knew it when he was hired, as much as we dislike Haley, and most hated Herm...at least they weren't just yes men. And that is why they are gone, so that Scott could get "his" right 53 coach.

Wow, the more I talk/think about this the more I feel like Rage.

Did you see Weeden against Baltimore? Sure he didn't play great, but he showed he can make plays that Matt Cassel couldn't dream of. He also has pretty poor weapons, whereas (and I feel like I'm beating a dead horse here) Matt has everything you could possibly want in weapons.

1. Elite level RB with solid depth at the position
2. True #1 WR
3. Good slot WR
4. Big Deep threat
5. Solid do it all guy

les paul wrote:
Their opponent-
Cutler06

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
I will be incredibly disappointed. The more we stay on the line of inconsistent mediocrity, the less chance we have to improve.

Giving up on the season already ?? Rolling Eyes

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of things.

If we are 3-3 going into the bye, I'll be cautiously optimistic. It would say a lot about the other 52 guys on this team that they got over the losing attitude they seem to have had for the most part this season, which I understand, but if we are going to have a quick turnaround next year, we need the majority of these guys to be strong willed individuals who can handle adversity. Carrying Matt Cassel to a 3-3 record would be a great thing for the rest of the team.

Obviously, as others have pointed out, it would most likely be seen as Matt being a part of that turnaround, and would potentially lead to us sticking with him that much longer. I would think Pioli would be smart enough to realize regardless of what our final record is from here on out, that Matt needs to go, but I'm down to that possibility being in the single digits.

As far as Romeo, when I here his statements, I hear a guy who is frustrated with the situation, but is handcuffed.

Quote:
"Even after he had those turnovers, he came back and drove the team down the field, so we think he's capable," Crennel said Monday. "We just have to get him to be more consistent."

Capable is far from a ringing endorsement. I'd expect to hear that about someone like a 4th string DB pressed into service due to injury, not your franchise QB.

Quote:
Crennel balked when asked whether he considered putting in backup Brady Quinn, but it slowly became clear that the coach of the Chiefs (1-3) has become less enamored of his starter heading into next Sunday's game against the Baltimore Ravens.

"At some point, you go through and see what's happening in a game, how guys are reacting, and how he's responding in a game," Crennel said. "If you feel he's inept, constantly making bad decisions, poor choices, that's when you move on from him and give someone else a chance."

That's a big bar to reach, being inept, and constantly making bad decisions. I mean Matt only had about a 30-40% rate of bad decisions. I hear this and see thinly veiled shots at Matt. He's either handcuffed from moving on, or he's sending Matt a clear message, and laying the groundwork for a change.

Quote:
so far Crennel hasn't made the move to his bullpen -- even if he's silently considered it.

"Well, whether I was considering it or not doesn't make a difference. It's hypothetical," Crennel said. "I didn't make the change and I'm staying with that."

If he was really opposed to benching Matt, wouldn't he just say no, I didn't consider it? Even if he had, he's got to know that even giving the idea he thought about it, maybe, is a bad thing. To me it means he did think about it, but knew he either couldn't make a move, or has zero faith in his back-ups, which both of those I see as more realistic them him truly wanting to keep Matt in there.

Oh, and Brandon Weeden looked much better then Matt last week, against the very Ravens we'll get to see Matty Thrice (as in 3 INT's) this week. The only QB that has looked even close to as bad as Matt has maybe been Sanchez.

^ryknowssd on the sig
brawl.kc

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have just played the first quarter of the season, we were 1-3. We go into the second quarter of the season at 0-0, now if you want to be a good team in this league, if you want to be a Playoff team, you have to do better than that. But like I told the guys before, we're 0-0 in this quarter of the season, there's a long way to go but we can still do it. Its time to see who's arrows are pointing up, and who's are pointing down. We're going to get a little bit better every day, and by the end of the season we can be a good football team.

/Haley

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've discussed these thinly veiled shots at Cassel for years. Nothing ever comes of them. Why would that change now? I can't believe you of all people are trying to spin this into a positive as down as you've been this year (obviously this is at Bigs)

les paul wrote:
Their opponent-
HiccupGuy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happens if we win this coming up Sunday? People will be calling for Pioli's head. Saying Romeo sucks. Cassel hate. Charles, Bowe, and Houston are our only good players. Oh and we suck and only got lucky.

Did I miss anything?
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
We've discussed these thinly veiled shots at Cassel for years. Nothing ever comes of them. Why would that change now? I can't believe you of all people are trying to spin this into a positive as down as you've been this year (obviously this is at Bigs)

I don't recall Haley giving many thinly veiled shots at Cassel. It was way more coach speak, and 100% unequivocal support from what I remember.

Regardless, that was Haley. I'm willing to give Romeo a little bit of time. Anyone who works knows its very difficult to go against what your boss wants, especially when there is no hiding it. Eventually, yes, he needs to have the grapenuts to make move, because ultimately, unlike most folks, he will bear the most brunt for the suckiness of this team, as opposed to that hidden and rather insulated boss. He needs to recognize that Pioli can only fire him if what he does doesn't work out. I'm willing to give Romeo until the bye week before saying for sure, we need to move on.

^ryknowssd on the sig
simonwayne

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
I will be incredibly disappointed. The more we stay on the line of inconsistent mediocrity, the less chance we have to improve.

This x10000000000000
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: What happens if we win next week? Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
What happens if we win next week?

Satan will freeze his balls off.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
Jakuvious wrote:

Giving up on the season already ?? Rolling Eyes

It isn't about this season, it goes beyond that. It's Cassel. I want whatever it takes to force the coaching staff to at least attempt to make a legitimate move at that position. We haven't drafted a QB in the first round in my lifetime. We've had one worth remembering to the rest of the NFL in Montana, and that's in the sense that Favre was note-worthy as a Viking or Manning as a Bronco (no offense.) It's a cool story, but unless there's a championship, most NFL fans really won't care much after it's over.

The fact is, you cannot consistently compete in the NFL without, at least, a good QB. And I was fine with trying Cassel. I was optimistic for a bit. But at this point, starting him is the definition of insanity. He hasn't improved one bit since he first set foot on the field as a Chief. He's the exact same freaking QB. No pocket presence, an overall inability to read defenses, incredibly inconsistent accuracy, and mediocre arm strength. You can't win games regularly on guts and determination, which is really all he has going for him. I was fine with this in 2009. Any player needs some chance to improve. But when he took the massive step back in 2011, that should've been all the coaching staff needed to see. That's what frustrates me. This season is wasted, basically because of denial.

And I'm not a doom and gloom type. I'm a pretty blatant homer sometimes. But I cannot watch Cassel anymore. I've only made it through one full game this season, because the guy gives me absolutely no reason to think we can take a victory, convincingly.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
56 catches, 747 yards, 5 TDs, one very funny obscene gesture, and one fumble that wasn't a fumble
kylecumberland

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are selling Kyle Orton and Brady Quinn way too short. I remember last year all of the "experts" on the radio and elsewhere said Kyle Orton was no better than Matt Cassel. Even back then I knew Orton was worlds better than Cassel. This team would win the AFC West if Kyle Orton were the QB. He looked very good in garbage time on MNF tonight.

Now this year those same "experts" are saying Brady Quinn is no better than Matt Cassel. Well Brady Quinn has never gotten to play with Charles, Bowe, Baldwin, and McCluster and we haven't seen him play a game in KC, but I would bet anything he will look very similar to Kyle Orton in this offense, and much better than Matt Cassel. At one time Quinn was very highly regarded.
EB29

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what sucks? Rooting for your team to lose. It takes all the enjoyment away from the game for me. Its sad that it has come to this where I feel the need to root for our team to get beat down so far that the; GM, HC, and QB all get their walking papers...

Here is to a long season where the only thing that will be worse then rooting for loosing is finishing 7-9 and seeing all of the above back next year.

JTagg7754 with the Dope Sig ^^

Jon Gruden wrote:
Great Snatch catch ability there by Nicks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: