Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What happens if we win next week?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mikek163

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: What happens if we win next week? Reply with quote

I think we have about a 0.1% chance of doing so, but I just want to hear everyone's thoughts about it. What if we show up and beat Baltimore at home, then have the chance of heading into Tampa to finish 3-3 before our BYE week?

Does this change anything?

Does this just push us further and further away from a starting caliber qb in the draft?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knock knock.

Who's there?

The Baltimore Ravens.

/thread

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric Berry wrote:
Knock knock.

Who's there?

The Baltimore Ravens.

/thread

Hahaha. I do love this answer, but I am actually looking for serious answers here. Im just saying hypothetically.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be incredibly disappointed. The more we stay on the line of inconsistent mediocrity, the less chance we have to improve.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
32 catches, 419 yards, 4 TDs
Eric Berry

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard for me to even imagine this situation. But if we were 3-3 going into the bye it would be a complete turn around by the entire team, offensively and defensively. We would be more optimistic about winning the AFC west because our schedule gets a little easier towards the end of the year. But that won't be the case. We will be 1-5 going into the bye week. Coming out of the bye week, we play OAK, SD, PIT, CIN. That looks a lot like 1-9 to me, maybe 2-8 if we beat the raiders but I'm pretty sure we have only won like 2 or 3 of our last 11 home games.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would honestly not be happy. We have to tank this year for Cassel to go, and to be put into a position to get a top quality QB. As much as it paints me, a 6 win or less season would be the best thing to happen to the Chiefs.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I can see us beating Tampa, I don't think there is a chance we beat Baltimore.

That being said, to answer your question, and to echo other posters. If we go into the bye week 3-3, I will be disappointed, because I expected more, and am currently hoping for less. I think the odds of us seeing a different QB drop significantly if we go in 3-3, rather than 1-5 or even 2-4. After the bye week in my opinion we need to know what we have at QB, which means either start Quinn or start Stanzi, because we've had 4 seasons of crap from Cassel. 3-3 also means we are getting fed even more BS from the FO. We'll hear that Romeo is getting things going, that Cassel has saved some games, and that our players coming back from injury just took a little while to gel and get up to speed. Then we'll come out of the buy expecting to make a push for the division...and be underwhelmed by Cassel/Romeo and Pioli.

At the end of the season, the blame will fall on Romeo, Cassel will get another pass and Pioli will try to sell us all on next season with added depth after he passes on Tyler Wilson/Geno Smith to draft another DE to stuff the run in our bend but not break (fail to get pressure) 3-4.

Last edited by DT58_lives_on on Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total
jimmydee

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To answer your question: We would have one ONE in a row. As far as I'm concerned, nothing to get excited about with this bunch.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
While I can see us beating Tampa, I don't think there is a chance we beat Baltimore.

That being said, to answer your question, and to echo other posters. If we go into the bye week 3-3, I will be disappointed, because I expected more, and am currently hoping for less. I think the odds of us seeing a different QB drop significantly if we go in 3-3, rather than 1-5 or even 2-4. After the bye week in my opinion we need to know what we have at QB, which means either start Quinn or start Stanzi, because we've had 4 seasons of crap from Cassel. 3-3 also means we are getting fed even more BS from the FO. We'll here that Romeo is getting things going, that Cassel has saved some games, and that our players coming back from injury just took a little while to gel and get up to speed. Then we'll come out of the buy expecting to make a push for the division...and be underwhelmed by Cassel/Romeo and Pioli.

At the end of the season, the blame will fall on Romeo, Cassel will get another pass and Pioli will try to sell us all on next season with added depth after he passes on Tyler Wilson/Geno Smith to draft another DE to stuff the run in our bend but not break (fail to get pressure) 3-4.

And the choir said "Amen!"

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
PhillyChief

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8449785/romeo-crennel-kansas-city-chiefs-sticking-matt-cassel-qb

Not sure where to post this....but RAC just signed his own pink slip IMO. Done with him.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll tack this on...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000068379/article/matt-cassel-reportedly-losing-support-among-chiefs?module=HP11_headline_stack
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Cassel gives us the best chance to win...is the line we're being fed.

10 turnovers 5 TDs...

The front office should have to look no further that that stat line before they say, "Time to start looking for someone who actually gives us a chance to win."

I think to all of us it has become abundantly clear that Cassel's 24 and 7 year was a fluke. The Ravens D may be older, but what are we going to do when they shut down JC?

Bold prediction Cassel throws at least 3 more INTs this week but does get at least 1 TD pass, not counting the one he'll throw for Baltimore on a pick 6.
valkrei

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can tell you until the chiefs win 3 games in a row in a convincing fashion I am not picking them to win again.

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Literally the only QB playing worse right now is Weeden, a rookie with very few weapons. And he hasn't had the perk of playing the Saints D.

What a horrible wretch Cassel is, yet we're being fed the company line from Romeo. But let's be honest, we all know he's a puppet for Scott. We knew it when he was hired, as much as we dislike Haley, and most hated Herm...at least they weren't just yes men. And that is why they are gone, so that Scott could get "his" right 53 coach.

Wow, the more I talk/think about this the more I feel like Rage.
PhillyChief

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm more irked that Romeo is so content or scared of making a change. He HAS to know Matt doesn't give us the best chance to win. This is the guy that we got behind because he said "to heck with Palko...I'm going with Orton...and if he can't go...I'll start the 5th round pick."

This is a guy who has been to this show before. He had the SAME situation in Cleveland. He's no spring chicken. This is his LAST chance to win as a HC. Anyone if that situation would go all in, instead, he's playing the company man role. No courage. No fire. And the team's attitude is reflecting leadership.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: